Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo

Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo Questions & Answers

21 questions from our users

Hi where can we purchase a cover replacement for our steelcraft Moda high chair? Regards
Hi Mary, thanks for your question. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 with the Cat No from your highchair frame so we can provide you with availability and pricing. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Hi can you still get a replacement seat cover for a messina DLX high chair
Hi Kim, thanks for your question. We don't currently have any stock of the replacement seat covers available however we are hoping to have stock available mid June 2019. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.ThankyouHi Steelcraft team. Can you please tell me where to purchase the covers when they are in stock? Thanks!

Any chance of getting the padded insert for Cat 31324 high chair please
Hi Rtr Senior, thanks for your question, We no longer have the seat padding available for the 31324 however if you would like to email us a photo of your highchair to au-support@britax.com we may have something available that will be compatible. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Can I get a replacement insert for an old steel craft high chair? The numbers underneath are 31302 with batch 05 02 I have used it with all my grandkids but need a new liner for the next ones!
Hi Carobo, Thanks for your question. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 303 330 and provide the Cat number you located on your chair (31302) so we can check for stock availability. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

How can you remove the straps without breaking the chair? Because mine needs a major wash.
Hi Rhianna, thanks for your question. We've attached a link to our website and would recommend that you download the instruction manual towards to lower part of the product page - https://www.britax.com.au/nursery/messina-dlx-hi-lo-highchair/ however if you would like to give us a call on 1300 303 330 we will be happy to talk you through this. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

I need a new padded seat insert but don't know where or if I can buy one?
Yes just call the Britax customer service line on 1300 303 330 with the CAT No. of your seat (found on the sticker on the bar under the seat) and they will be able to tell you availability and prices etc... :)

Can I buy replacement straps for the steelcraft Messina high chair?
Hi Caragh, thanks for your question. We have limited parts available for the Messina Hi Lo Highchair, please give us a call on 1300 303 330 to check availability and pricing. Kind regards, The Steelcraft Team.

Where can I buy a replacement tray?
Hi Kel, thanks for your question. We have limited parts available for the Messina Hi Lo highchair, please give us a call on 1300 303 330 to check availability and pricing. Kind regards, The Steelcraft Team.

Hi. where can i buy a new steel craft messina high chiar insert. how much will it cost?

How old the baby started to use this chair ?
About 6 months old

How do you wash the straps of the high chair?
I spray them with spray and wipe, the. Clean them with a sponge, and once done I spray with water (towel underneath to catch excess water, until all the spray and wipe has been washed out.

Is it only me feeling frustrated with the harness clips? My fingers hurt every time I snap it in and out. Feels like to cut those harness off and take out the baby. Would be great to know if there is a solution for it.
I actually have the same issue. I’m not sure of a solution though.

How do you get the wheels to stay in? I have 1 step in my house but I cannot take the chair up or down it and sometimes they come off if I move 1 wheel over our floor rug.
The wheels can be tricky you think that they are in properly but probably are not you really need to hammer them in until the click all the way down put a cloth or something between wheels and hammer. I have even taken mine outside to alfresco area and there’s a step and rugs no problems.i hope this helpsI tried the hammer yesterday but didn’t have success! It’s driving me crazy! Tried the brakes at the front and back and it makes no difference !Still no luck keeping the wheels in. Ready to throw the whole thing away!

Where can i purchase a replacement lining for the messina high chair? Thanks
Hi Simmzeee, thanks for your question. We do have replacement seats available, please give us a call on 1300 303 330 with the Cat no: from your chair so we can provide you with colour availability and pricing. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

I washed the cover of high chair and can't fix the harness. Is there any manual which can show me how to do it the right way?
Hi Annie, thanks for your question. Please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can email you a copy of the instruction manual. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Hi, is there someway you can lower the tray table? My son wants to self-feed but can't reach properly & due to the amount paid, we can't look at another chair.
Hi Sharon, thanks for your question. Unfortunately the tray isn't adjustable. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Hello, is it possible to lower the footrest please? My daughters legs are very squashed when the foot rest is flat. We are able to move the footrest up but it doesn't appear to lower down.
Hi Lou, thanks for your question. Unfortunately the Messina Hi Lo highchair doesn't have an adjustable footrest. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Can I machine wash the seat cover?
I did machine wash mine on gentle and it didn't ruin it. But it didn't really clean it either. Not spaghetti stains anyway. Just had to be careful not to lose all the screws and then I put the straps back on backwards and upside down.I did machine wash mine on gentle and it didn't ruin it. But it didn't really clean it either. Not spaghetti stains anyway. Just had to be careful not to lose all the screws and then I put the straps back on backwards and upside down.Hi Phoebe, thanks for your question. We would recommend removable fabric covers and trim may be cleaned using warm water with a household soap or mild detergent. Allow it to dry fully, preferably away from the direct sunlight. Non removable fabric covers and trims may be spot cleaning using a damp sponge with a soap or a mild detergent, again allow to dry fully away from direct sunlight. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

I bought this high chair almost 12 months ago and took it apart to wash it and I've never been able to get the clips back in to put it back together. I like the high chair but I can't strap my daughter in and I haven't been able to get any instructions to figure out how to get then back in. Any suggestions I'm about ready to throw it out and buy a different one.
I too had a bit of trouble the first couple of times. If it's that part where I had trouble, (the straps with the clip that go through the back) It took me a while because I don't have much strength in my hands, I got the clips about halfway and then had to gently tap them in further with a small hammer whilst still pulling the other end through - Doesn't sound ideal but like I said not having much strength in my hands leads to such methods. After the first few times it got easier. I actually don't pull mine apart all that often anymore, simply because I just don't have the time now, I just make sure I give it a thorough clean after every use. If the straps get a bit yukky I just use warm soapy water and a cloth on them rather than taking them out. Hope that helps... Good luck :)

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives