Tefal Multicook & Stir RK901

Tefal Multicook & Stir RK901 Questions & Answers

6 questions from our users

Shini
Shiniasked

The bottom of where you put your ceramic pot has gt marks. Is there any way to remove the mark? I don't put wet pot wheb i cook anything, it can be from the steam. How to remove it?

Hi Shini,
Are you referring to the heating element on the inner bottom of the MultiCook and Stir? If so, I use a clean damp cloth to wipe the heating element plate.

Regards,
Jo

Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Looking for Pressure Cookers?

Read the reviews for Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Ad
janine Rinaldi
janine Rinaldiasked

Should the red light be on when using stir function

Hi Janine,
Yes the red light will be visible on the Stir Function button when the stir function is operating.
No red light means it is off, and not stirring, which you can select by depressing the stir function button.

Regards,
Jo

Annieliese
Annielieseasked

Somewhere I read that this cooker can pressure cook. This is not true?

Hi Annieliese,
The Tefal MultiCook & Stir does not pressure cook.
If you’re looking for pressure cooking then I suggest the Tefal Cook4Me which does have pressure cooking.

Mack
Mackasked

what is the highest temperature setting for auto stir function?

Jan

Sorry, I cannot help. My machine is gone. The instructions were too complicated, and most times the machine did not respond, however many times I entered the sequences. I only used default settings.

Hi Mack.

The highest temperature setting for using the auto stir function is 160 using the fry/crust option.
The temperatures can be selected as follows: 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160.

Hope this was helpful for you.

If you’re interested in finding further information about the settings, temperature and recipes, you can find on the Tefal website below, options to download a PDF for the Instructions & Manual & also Recipes.

Tefal MultiCook & Stir link:

Kind regards,
Jo.

James
Jamesasked

I have a cook4me which is fantastic, now I have a multicook and stir I am having difficulty sorting out the controls ie understanding the function panel how do I select what I want and if the stir light is on is it working or waiting for me to do so ething, what is the different result between crust fry and baking how do I set the delayed start ???? Help

Jan

I have written a "how to complicate your cooking" review on the Multicook and Stir. I redrew a properly labelled function panel on Weetbix cardboard, because the printed instructions are ridiculously tiny and one has to flip the page constantly. It didn't help much. I think the machine takes time to react; slower than one can push the buttons. I did the sequence over and over, but really had no confidence it was working or correct. I spent hours trying to work it out. There were a couple of disaster results. In the end I just kept leaving it and hoped something would happen. I suspect some of the recipes are incomplete. At times the English translation is poor and makes no sense at all. The machine is gone now. I dreaded using it.

Jo Bevan

Q- I am having difficulty sorting out the controls ie understanding the function panel.
A: Use the instructions booklet as a guide. That’s what I did with the first couple of uses.

Q - how do I select what I want:
A: This depends on what it is that you want to cook.
What particular menu options is it that you’re having difficulty?

Q- if the stir light is on is it working or waiting for me to do something.
A: The Stir function will begin when you close the lid and press the Start button.
To cook without the Stir option, remove the stir paddle & de-press the Stir button to turn off.

Q- different result between crust fry and baking.
A: Crust/Fry function is for frying, browning meats, sautéed onions and vegetables etc. Baking is for Cakes, Bread, Roasting etc.

Q- set the delayed start.
A: This is explained in the instructions booklet.

My MultiCook & Stir review gives you an idea of what menu options I used for cooking different foods.
I also have a couple of short YouTube videos showing what options I selected to cook with. Which may be useful.
Videos:
Tefal MultiCook & Stir Chicken Coconut Curry.
Tefal MultiCook & Stir Lamb Korma.
Tefal MultiCook & Stir Chili Con Carne.

YouTube Videos Link:

Catherine K.
Catherine K.asked

Can this do pressure cooking

Hi Catherine.
The MultiCook & Stir does not do pressure cooking.
Tefal do have another product which is a pressure cooker and it’s called Cook4Me.
Hope this helps.

Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Looking for Pressure Cookers?

Read the reviews for Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Ad

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

Other Multi Cookers