Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature

Advanced Comfort Bottle, Standard Baby Bottle

12 questions from our users

Kate

Kateasked

Are the bottles with a slow flow teat on meant to drip if you hold them upside down. Our young baby often coughs and chokes as when he pauses milk still comes out.

Swarup

Swarupasked

Advanced Comfort Bottle

Can I use the anti colic bottles without the air vent sometimes? It's looks so hard cleaning your baby is crying. So if I need it urgently, can I use the bottle without the air vent?

Helen F

Helen Fasked

Standard Baby Bottle

Does the air hole vent on the teat need to be covered with milk or held at an angle so it’s free from being covered with milk?

Renee
Renee

Hello these ones don't have an air hole on the teat, its in the bottle neck instead. With the standard bottles though the hole needs too be facing up.

With mine it didn’t matter if the vent filled up (it will when there is a full bottle). As long as the vent is under baby’s nose.

Jo M

Jo Masked

Advanced Comfort Bottle

Can I over tighten the teat ring on these? The teat keeps caving in and there are air bubbles appearing in the milk as though it is not being filtered through the purple stork properly!?

JulianaD
JulianaD

We have the same problem with the teat caving in and it seems from other reviews on this page that it is a common problem. I phoned the tommee tippee helpline and they suggest I buy the medium flow teat even though my baby is only 2 months old, because he is sucking to hard!!!! I don't believe the valve on these bottles work properly. They instruct you to check the opening everytime you use it and even though I do that it is still not letting any air out. I am not willing to spend any more money on trying new teats to see if these bottles will actually work!

Bec Clarke

Bec Clarkeasked

Hi
I was wondering if I brought from the USA the extra slow teat would it fit my Australian closer to nature bottles ?

shorty84
shorty84

Hi, im not too sure sorry. It should fit.

Leashie

Leashieasked

Standard Baby Bottle

Where do you put the air bubble hole in the teat while baby is having a bottle? Does it face down or up or does it not matter?

Tiffany B
Tiffany B

Face it up towards the ceiling while feeding

Ky5150

Ky5150asked

Where should the hole be held top bottom or either side?

Justine
Justine

I'm not understanding your question sorry

chelsea.olivier.73

chelsea.olivier.73asked

I'm 16 and pregnant, and I was just wondering if many babies take these bottles? Are they and good? And will I need to get a slow teat for them?

Jenny30
Jenny30

Some babies seem happy to use the tommie tippee bottles but many struggle with the large wobbly teats so I'd say skip that brand if choosing what to buy and purchase Pigeon bottles instead as they work well for almost all babies. If you're breastfeeding with occasional bottle use get a wide neck bottle with the super slow teat. If you're bottle feeding with no breastfeeding just start with the slowest flow test of which ever bottle brand you choose and as the baby gets older you change to faster teats.

Larkars

Larkarsasked

I recently started using these bottles and I'm having problems with it leaking all the time. If the teat is on too tight nothing comes out, loosen it and it leaks. What am I doing wrong ??

Jane01
Jane01

Hi, you must be having them way to loose. You need to tighten it only a small amount just enough for it to not leak but also not to tight.

Maddi98

Maddi98asked

Does the teats cave in when feeding I have Hurd this. Does it happen. ?

bronstar1
bronstar1

Hi Maddi98 no I have not had this happen before, my baby sucks pretty hard too :)

Cas26

They definitely can do, used to happen to me and was frustrating. If you look on the inside of the teat there is the little valve thats designed to let air back into the bottle. This valve can get stuck closed, and causes the teat to collapse. They also recommend you have the valve up (near bubs nose) so milk isn't lying on it and can let air in. If bub is still collapsing them it might mean its almost time to go up an age. A way to stop it becoming a problem is to twist the bottle a bit while bub is drinking so the suctions not so great. I still find this less irritating then other brands anti-collick systems.

Larnz

Larnzasked

Is it natural for the teat to invert while my son is sucking/drinking? I have to continuely take to bottle out so the teat can return back to its normal shape & then carry on. This can be frustrating & sometimes I end up with an upset child.

Cas26

this happens to me heaps too. i find making sure the valve isn't stuck closed and that its facing upwards helps. Also leaning the bottle back a little cos sometimes i accidentally and holding it to firmly against his mouth.

Samsmama

Samsmamaasked

Anybody having a problem with these bottles leaking?

Noodioodi
Noodioodi

We haven't had any leakage issues with the Tommee Tippee bottles. Other than the extra cleaning involved with the anti-colic valve we have found them to be sensational products.

Get an answer from our members and Tommee Tippee representatives