Weleda Baby Teething Powder

Weleda Baby Teething Powder Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Leah T.

Leah T.asked

Any advice on how to give this to my son. Mix into a paste and put on he’s gums?? Please help. Thank you.

Corinne H.
Corinne H.

I usually just put a bit of the powder onto the top of my finger and rub into their gums.

Weleda Australia
Jess L.Weleda Australia

Hi Leah,
Yes you can mix into a paste and apply to the gums. Hope this helps.

Cath

Cathasked

Is the lactose used from the cow? I ask because my bub and I are on a dairy free diet but is still breastfeeding so I'd like to know if I can use this product. I've just purchased a bottle and am worried it will ruin the elimination diet.
Catherine

Claire
Claire

I assume it would be from a cow. There could possibly be traces of cows milk protein in it. We are also on dairy free due to CMPI so for this baby I've been using something similar from iHerb called Angel Baby Bottom Balm but will go back to the Weleda one once he's grown out of his intolerance.

Catasked

Hi, my 4-month-old twins are teething. I want to go natural and use waleda. Is 4 months too young for the powder?
Thanks!

K Meredith
K Meredith

My girl started at 4 months too. I used it and never had a problem. Maybe contact them on their website if you're worried.

Cat

Thankyou so much :) did it help ur daughter?

Karina
Karina

Not at all. My many boy started teething early too and I used it. As they are likely not on solids yet, try mixing a 1/4 tsp in with each bottle. Or if they're breastfed, through a syringe and into the mouth.

monika.rakowska

monika.rakowskaasked

Lactose ingredient in this product seems a little bit controversial to me. The last type of food I want to give to my baby is sugar and if I use this product it will be the first one I will be feeding her. My question is: why is lactose even used in this teething powder? Thanks.

Naturopath mum
Naturopath mum

Lactose is the predominant sugar in breast milk so it's not controversial to be using it in the teething product at all. It makes sense to use this to give it some sweetness rather than fructose/glucose/sucrose for example. Babies will actually be able to tolerate it extremely well.

Rowdy
Rowdy

This is a homeopathic product, so the ONLY ingredient is lactose, which is a sugar and not coincidentally, another treatment for teething recommended by GPs is to give your baby some sugar water because it distracts them from their pain. With this product you enjoy they feeling of having spent $14 on 60g powdered milk sugar, or which is around $230 a kilo!

Get an answer from our members and Weleda Australia representatives