18Zodiac Duo-X Robotic Cleaner Series

Zodiac Duo-X Robotic Cleaner Series Questions & Answers

Gail Naismith
Gail Naismith · Duo-X DX4000

My Zodiac 4000 gets to the shallow end of the pool then turns over and will not turn back can you advise please

Chris E

I dont have that issue in my shallow end, however, if the water level has dropped and the vac gets up on the sundeck (approx 450mm) it can flip when it attempts to clean the wall in that area AND if the basket is full of heavy materials like leaves and dirt. I have found my ensuring the pool is not lower than 450mm and the basket is emptied after each cycle (particularly in Autumn) I havent had the issue since. Maybe also ensure when you start the vac that it has fully submerged in the deep end, dont start it in the shallow end, or there may still be air pockets inside making it too buoyant. Hope that helps

gary g.
gary g. · Duo-X Robotic Cleaner Series

Hi, contemplating purchasing the Zodiac DX3000 for our glass tiled, kidney-shaped pool 9.3m long x 6.3m wide. One retailer said this model would be suitable. Another advised that because our pool was wider than 5m we needed the larger (and more expensive) DX4050 with 18m cable. Would the DX3000 be suitable? I dont need the other features of the larger model. Thanks Gary in Melbourne

Chris E

I’ve got the same size pool and after a year of using the DX4050IQ I’m still totally happy with its performance and the cable is more than long enough. If the pool does get really dirty, it’s easy to extend the run time in increments of 15mins from the app.

craigwreid1 · Duo-X DX4050 iQ

Can this model climb onto pool shelves and clean them?

Chris E

It can and it does a good job of my splash deck. The only issue would be if the water is shallower than the pool cleaner, it will shut off if this is the case, or if the shelf is narrower than the cleaner, it might miss tight corners.

craigwreid1

Hmmm…mine can’t get up onto the ledge…thinks it’s a wall and goes back down

Sam
Sam

Mine does that for first 20-30 mins or so while it’s in start up, then for rest of cycle it will get up on my steps well. Make sure it’s on full cycle not floor only?

craigwreid1

Tried…doesn’t work. Sending it back!

Pierre-Francis G.
Pierre-Francis G. · Duo-X DX4050 iQ

I've had a number of frustrating issues since purchasing the DX-4000 iQ:
1) the robot stopped working after 3 weeks - flashing light - followed all instructions to remediate fault:
a) disconnect/reconnect cable connecting robot to control unit
b) remove cleaning basket and try running robot without basket
c) connect control unit directly in house power socket (quite inconvenient - either provide a longer cord or make the product compatible with using extension cord)
2) could not connect control unit to phone via bluetooth / iAquaLink app - even trying next to the wifi router
3) could not register to MyFluidra - reset password feature does not work
4) inconvenient to carry the robot with the cable - it's not holding on the carrier/trolley and keeps falling

HK
HK · Duo-X DX4050 iQ

Can you set up a schedule to clean the pool every 2, 3 or 7 days via iaqualink app?

craigwreid1

No you can’t. There is no scheduling functionality at all. The app is incredibly basic.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives

Select a listing for your question
Zodiac Duo-X Robotic Cleaner Series