31ALDI Clothes Dryer

ALDI Clothes Dryer Questions & Answers

Daniel P · Clothes Dryer

I have a Stirling STR-HPD80W purchased July 2021 which is having issues with no water condensing out of the clothes into the condensation tray. The dryer gets hot and spins fine, all filters are clean. Yet it does not seem to be extracting water at all. I can confirm it is not the water pump as I have tested this by pouring water into the bottom reservoir manually, after introducing water manually it pumps it back to the condensate collection tray. When opening the dryer door the clothes are still wet.

It seems to be condenser related as the clothes remain wet no matter how long they remain in that dryer but I can't be sure, is there any chance spare circuit boards are available for this dryer in event of a bad PCB?

Hybridfreak

This is no good. You should still have a few month warranty left.

Ola M.
Ola M. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Product purchase date: 17/07/22

My cloth dryer is not working.
Informed Residential group under the warranty on 04/12/23.

Case number: 372359

After 5 and half weeks of waiting technician came only today. But still he did not have the parts to fix the unit.

Now I have to wait until parts to arrive.

Is this how you provide service to your customers?

How long do you expect me to wait?

W are you better make it refund?

ALDI   DM

Hi Ola, We're sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your unit.

Can you please confirm that the model number of your unit is SHPD80W and not STR-HPD80W?
These are totally different units. STR-HPD80W is supported by TEMPO while SHPD80W is supported by RESIDENTIA. The page you are in says your unit is STR-HPD80W but you contacted RESIDENTIA. It should be TEMPO.

Please check the model of your unit.

Thanks.

Ola M.

Thanks for letting me know.

Huma S.
Huma S. · Stirling 5kg STR-CD50 (Apr 2020, May 2021)

Our dryer was working and just stopped working and power is not turning on? Any idea what can be the reason.

Strange.
Just use a differnt powerpoint to see if it is not the main power circiut in your house

Huma S.

Tried but not turning on. Opened it now to check if there is any fuse. No burn on power circuit board, can't see anything broken

Davo M.
Davo M. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

7kg stirling condenser dryer just beeps when turned on nothing works ..any recommendations .to fix

Hi Davo
I tried to simulate the problem you described.
Could not do it .
The main door needs a good slam to close .
Water tank needs to be empty .
All filters need to be clean.
The moisture sensor inside the door filter space needs to be clean .
A program needs to be selected .
That is which comes across my mind.
regards Hybridfreak

ALDI   DM

Hi Davo M, We're sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your unit.

If you have done basic troubleshooting and still having the same issue with the unit, kindly send your details, and the proof of purchase to info@tempo.org.

Should you have any further queries, you can also contact us at 1300 886 649 and one of our call centre representatives will assist you.

Kylee M.
Kylee M. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi
How to i remove the bottom filter to clean it? It has gone mouldy and i cant get it out through the front opening.
Ive lost my manual and cant find anything online

Hi Kylee
I will look at my units and the Manual tonight .

Thanks heaps

Hi Kylee
I got the Manual in front of me, the little mentioning of the Filter drawer is on page 31.
I checked my machine (s) and after opening the access door on the bottom left side of the front of the machine by pushing down the clip in the middle with your finger nail , there is plastic cover held in by 2 turn- able clips.
After that the final filter with the sponge sheet has to come out ,mould or otherwise.
it has to be washed and cleaned and never re-installed wet .
If the face of the heat exchanger looking at you is dirty, it has to be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner.
I trust this assists with the task on hand with your unit .
Best regards Hybridfreak

ALDI   DM

Hi Kylee, To remove the filter, open the door to the clothes dryer, grip the lint filter case and pull it straight up and out of the drum.

Remove any lint, fibers and textile threads from the filter by hand or with a soft piece of cloth.
Close the lint filter and place it back into its housing.

A layer can build up on the filter pores that can cause clogging of the filter after using the dryer
for a while. Wash the lint filter with warm water to remove the layer that builds up on the lint
filter surface. Dry the lint filter completely before reinstalling it. The lint trap has to be cleaned frequently.

WARNING!
• Do not use the appliance without the filter. The lint filter must be in place when drying.
• Clean the lint filter and the inner surfaces of the loading door after each drying process.

Kylee M.

This isnt the lint filter i meant
The filter is in the bottom of the dryer and isnt able to come out.
I have wiped it over but the mould smell is still slightly there

ALDI   DM

Hi Kylee, For us to have a clear picture, kindly send us some photos to info@tempo.org. Please include your details and the model number when you send the email.

Neil S.
Neil S. · Stirling 7kg SHPD7 (Jul 2019, Jul 2020)

Have the 7kg condenser dryer but it has recently started malfunctioning, after 5mins it stops and indicates the water container is full. The water container is not used, it pumps directly to the sink. The pump is working perfectly. If you press pause it will resume for a further 5 mins, same results even if the machine is run empty again stops after 5 mins and pushing pause restarts for another 5 mins. Although the machine is out of warranty it has only been lightly used and apart from this problem works ok. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem.

Daniel P

Sometimes the water level sensor float can get a bit off centre and get stuck causing it to read as full even when it is empty. Mine has done this many times, to fix this you try to take the collection tray out and pour come water down the very back of where the water container usually goes, a few full cups should do (there is a drain hole at the back) just let it drain all the water down into the bottom fluid reservoir. Sometimes the water running back down that drain tube is enough to dislodge the level sensor if it is stuck.

Mine kept doing this when I had it connected to the drain so I reconnected it to the plastic collection tank and now it rarely happens.

Neil S.

Thanks for this response, I had tried to flush down as suggested but maybe not enough, solved the problem by disconecting the sensor. All works ok now

Thanuja D.
Thanuja D. · Stirling 5kg STR-CD50 (Apr 2020, May 2021)

Hi, I need the rubber door seal for the STR-CD50.

ALDI   DM

Hi Thanuja, We have the door seal part available. May we ask what happened to your unit?

For urgent assistance, you may also contact us at 1300 886 649 on Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm for further assistance.

Thanuja D.

It just randomly broke into half. Also where can I purchase this part?

ALDI   DM

Hi Thanuja, Did you purchase it within 3 yr? If so, the unit is still under warranty and we can send you the part free of charge. Kindly contact us at 1-300-886-649 and one of our aftersales will assist you.

If the unit is more than 3 years old and is out of warranty, you can call the same number and they will assist you in placing the order over the phone.

Thanks,

Sophie
Sophie · Stirling 7kg STR-CD70 (Jun 2021)

Had this dryer for a while. Been great until recently the drum has stopped spinning. Still pumps air just no longer spins. Any advise as to the issue would be great!!

ALDI   DM

Hi Sophie, We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Have you tried to replug the unit from the powerpoint?
Have you checked if there are no blockages?
Is it placed on a leveled surface area?
Is it not overloaded?

For urgent assistance, and for warranty claim,please don’t hesitate to contact our aftersales support at 1300 886 649 on Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm.

Sophie

Thank you for the reply. We opened it up and found the belt had snapped.

ALDI   DM

Hi Sophie, Please don’t hesitate to contact our aftersales support at 1300 886 649 on Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm for further assistance.

Rajesh N.
Rajesh N. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

My dryer is keep on stopping and error message is coming er5.

ALDI   DM

Hi Rajesh N, We do apologize for the inconvenience.

The [ ErS ] message is displayed:
– if you try to select an option that is not compatible with the selected program
– if you select another program because of incorrect operation while the program is running.

For urgent assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1300 886 649 on Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm.

Jason C.
Jason C. · Stirling 6.5kg GYJ70-78F3E (Jun 2015, Jun 2016, Jun 2017)

I have been given this dryer but need a wall bracket. The bunnings one is too short and another generic doesn't allow for the duct . A spares website says the part is no longer available

ALDI   DM

Hi Jason C, Unfortunately, due to the age of the unit, the part is no longer available. You may check at any local hardware store.

Fiona E.
Fiona E. · Stirling 7kg STR-CD70 (Jun 2021)

Anyone know where you can get parts for this model or what equivalent brand parts fit? Need a belt and bearings replacement. Vaguely recall a repairman saying fisher and paykel but can’t find anything online

ALDI   DM

Hi Fiona E, We do have the belt available for this unit. Please contact our aftersales support at 1300 886 649 and one of our call centre representatives will assist you.

Tony B.
Tony B. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

What is the differance between shpd80s, and shpd80w drive belt

Brent F.
Brent F. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

"Hello everyone, I have a Stirling Heat Pump Dryer from Aldi that I've been very happy with for just over a year. However, it has recently stopped spinning while still allowing me to select cycles, and I've already checked the lint basket and emptied the water extractor bottle. I contacted Aldi's after-sales support, and they sent me an email to initiate a warranty claim, but here's the challenge: my brother purchased it as a gift for me in cash at the Healesville VICTORIA Aldi Store on July 16th, 2022, and he has since lost the receipt.

The store manager told him that they delete records from the previous financial year once the new financial year has started. I've checked with the ATO, and it appears that Australian federal tax law requires businesses to keep financial documentation for at least 5 years for auditing purposes.

So, I have two questions:
1) Is there a way to obtain a copy of the receipt from the Healesville Aldi store to start the warranty process?
2) Alternatively, can anyone here provide guidance on how to troubleshoot and possibly fix the issue with the dryer on my own?

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions on either of these options. Thank you!"

Hybridfreak

Sorry to hear the problem. Maybe the Drive Belt is broken. !

ALDI   DM

Hi Brent F, Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your Stirling unit.

For the warranty claim, we'll need a copy of the proof of purchase. Having said that it was given to you as a gift and used cash to purchase it, please reply to the warranty email that you received and ask for a statutory declaration form to fill out instead. Our team (info@tempo.org) will send it to you via email.

Brent F.

Thank you for that advice. I will do that. cheers :)

Injera Biscotti · Clothes Dryer

Hello! We have a GYJ40-88 dryer which runs for about 5 minutes, then stops and refuses to turn on again for at least an hour; then it does the same thing. Lint trap is clear, power is switched on and the plug is seated properly, we've checked all the usual things. What else could it be?

Hi Injera
You are doing all the right things.
I do not know what it is but expect an overheat sensor gets triggered and stops everything .
Do not know if the Aldi service agency can help.

Injera Biscotti

Do you have a recommended service provider in the Perth area?

ALDI   DM

Hi Injera Biscotti, Please contact our outsourced repair network Install & Fix Solutions, tel. 1300 373 993 who can refer you to a local technician in your area. You may wish to request a quote for assessment and repair to determine if it is economical before deciding to proceed.

Ana C
Ana C · Stirling 5kg STR-CD50 (Apr 2020, May 2021)

How do I get a replacement door hinge . Mine snapped off ( top hinge) so door is just hanging on one hinge.

ALDI   DM

Hi Ana C, We have the part available.

Please call us at 1-300-866-649 and our call center representative will help you in processing the order over the phone.

Please quote that you need the part number: STR-CD50-DH

Kelhunt
Kelhunt · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

There is a large white “something” on the back of my dryer so I can’t push it flush against the wall. What is it? My husband thinks it’s part of the ducting?

Hybridfreak

Hi. It will be the auto drain hose .
Only to be used when you want the water to go into a sink or similar.
Do not but the unit too close to the wall as it gets warm/hot in the back left lower corner .

ALDI   DM

Hi Kelhunt, Thanks for your enquiry.

For us to confirm what part it is, please send a couple of photos to info@tempo.org.
In the photos could you please be sure to also show the model number or the unit.

Alternatively, you may also contact us at 1300 002 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm for further assistance.

Robert P.
Robert P. · Stirling 5kg STR-CD50 (Apr 2020, May 2021)

Spears for Sterling clothes dryer

ALDI   DM

Hi Robert, Are you after a spare part for this unit (STR-CD50)? If so, please send us a photo of the part to info@tempo.org to check parts availability.

Alternatively, you can contact our After Sales Support Team at 1300 002 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm.

michael c.
michael c. · Stirling 5kg STR-CD50 (Apr 2020, May 2021)

where can i buy the filter

Tina
Tina

I’m not sure, I was just lucky that a local repairer had a belt for mine, sorry I couldn’t help you!

ALDI   DM

Hi Michael C, Thanks for your enquiry.

Please send a photo of the filter that you need to info@tempo.org so we can check the availability and provide a quote for a replacement filter.

Tanya Z.
Tanya Z. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

I am looking to buy the Stirling Washing Machine Stacking Kit, White - SASK80S.
Is there a link to purchase this product anywhere? I can’t seem to find it online.

Sam
Sam · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Anyone got a link to the user manual please?

ALDI   DM

Hi Sam, Do you need one for model STR-HPD80W? If so, our After Sales Support can assist you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 002 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30am – 6pm or send your request to info@tempo.org.

Tempo

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Select a listing for your question
ALDI Clothes Dryer