2ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)
Part of ALDI Clothes Dryer 2.9

ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021) Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:STR-HPD80C and STR-HPD80W
Ola M.
Ola M. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Product purchase date: 17/07/22

My cloth dryer is not working.
Informed Residential group under the warranty on 04/12/23.

Case number: 372359

After 5 and half weeks of waiting technician came only today. But still he did not have the parts to fix the unit.

Now I have to wait until parts to arrive.

Is this how you provide service to your customers?

How long do you expect me to wait?

W are you better make it refund?

ALDI   DM

Hi Ola, We're sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your unit.

Can you please confirm that the model number of your unit is SHPD80W and not STR-HPD80W?
These are totally different units. STR-HPD80W is supported by TEMPO while SHPD80W is supported by RESIDENTIA. The page you are in says your unit is STR-HPD80W but you contacted RESIDENTIA. It should be TEMPO.

Please check the model of your unit.

Thanks.

Ola M.

Thanks for letting me know.

Davo M.
Davo M. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

7kg stirling condenser dryer just beeps when turned on nothing works ..any recommendations .to fix

Hi Davo
I tried to simulate the problem you described.
Could not do it .
The main door needs a good slam to close .
Water tank needs to be empty .
All filters need to be clean.
The moisture sensor inside the door filter space needs to be clean .
A program needs to be selected .
That is which comes across my mind.
regards Hybridfreak

ALDI   DM

Hi Davo M, We're sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your unit.

If you have done basic troubleshooting and still having the same issue with the unit, kindly send your details, and the proof of purchase to info@tempo.org.

Should you have any further queries, you can also contact us at 1300 886 649 and one of our call centre representatives will assist you.

Kylee M.
Kylee M. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi
How to i remove the bottom filter to clean it? It has gone mouldy and i cant get it out through the front opening.
Ive lost my manual and cant find anything online

Hi Kylee
I will look at my units and the Manual tonight .

Thanks heaps

Hi Kylee
I got the Manual in front of me, the little mentioning of the Filter drawer is on page 31.
I checked my machine (s) and after opening the access door on the bottom left side of the front of the machine by pushing down the clip in the middle with your finger nail , there is plastic cover held in by 2 turn- able clips.
After that the final filter with the sponge sheet has to come out ,mould or otherwise.
it has to be washed and cleaned and never re-installed wet .
If the face of the heat exchanger looking at you is dirty, it has to be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner.
I trust this assists with the task on hand with your unit .
Best regards Hybridfreak

ALDI   DM

Hi Kylee, To remove the filter, open the door to the clothes dryer, grip the lint filter case and pull it straight up and out of the drum.

Remove any lint, fibers and textile threads from the filter by hand or with a soft piece of cloth.
Close the lint filter and place it back into its housing.

A layer can build up on the filter pores that can cause clogging of the filter after using the dryer
for a while. Wash the lint filter with warm water to remove the layer that builds up on the lint
filter surface. Dry the lint filter completely before reinstalling it. The lint trap has to be cleaned frequently.

WARNING!
• Do not use the appliance without the filter. The lint filter must be in place when drying.
• Clean the lint filter and the inner surfaces of the loading door after each drying process.

Kylee M.

This isnt the lint filter i meant
The filter is in the bottom of the dryer and isnt able to come out.
I have wiped it over but the mould smell is still slightly there

ALDI   DM

Hi Kylee, For us to have a clear picture, kindly send us some photos to info@tempo.org. Please include your details and the model number when you send the email.

Rajesh N.
Rajesh N. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

My dryer is keep on stopping and error message is coming er5.

ALDI   DM

Hi Rajesh N, We do apologize for the inconvenience.

The [ ErS ] message is displayed:
– if you try to select an option that is not compatible with the selected program
– if you select another program because of incorrect operation while the program is running.

For urgent assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1300 886 649 on Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm.

Tony B.
Tony B. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

What is the differance between shpd80s, and shpd80w drive belt

Brent F.
Brent F. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

"Hello everyone, I have a Stirling Heat Pump Dryer from Aldi that I've been very happy with for just over a year. However, it has recently stopped spinning while still allowing me to select cycles, and I've already checked the lint basket and emptied the water extractor bottle. I contacted Aldi's after-sales support, and they sent me an email to initiate a warranty claim, but here's the challenge: my brother purchased it as a gift for me in cash at the Healesville VICTORIA Aldi Store on July 16th, 2022, and he has since lost the receipt.

The store manager told him that they delete records from the previous financial year once the new financial year has started. I've checked with the ATO, and it appears that Australian federal tax law requires businesses to keep financial documentation for at least 5 years for auditing purposes.

So, I have two questions:
1) Is there a way to obtain a copy of the receipt from the Healesville Aldi store to start the warranty process?
2) Alternatively, can anyone here provide guidance on how to troubleshoot and possibly fix the issue with the dryer on my own?

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions on either of these options. Thank you!"

Hybridfreak

Sorry to hear the problem. Maybe the Drive Belt is broken. !

ALDI   DM

Hi Brent F, Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your Stirling unit.

For the warranty claim, we'll need a copy of the proof of purchase. Having said that it was given to you as a gift and used cash to purchase it, please reply to the warranty email that you received and ask for a statutory declaration form to fill out instead. Our team (info@tempo.org) will send it to you via email.

Brent F.

Thank you for that advice. I will do that. cheers :)

Kelhunt
Kelhunt · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

There is a large white “something” on the back of my dryer so I can’t push it flush against the wall. What is it? My husband thinks it’s part of the ducting?

Hybridfreak

Hi. It will be the auto drain hose .
Only to be used when you want the water to go into a sink or similar.
Do not but the unit too close to the wall as it gets warm/hot in the back left lower corner .

ALDI   DM

Hi Kelhunt, Thanks for your enquiry.

For us to confirm what part it is, please send a couple of photos to info@tempo.org.
In the photos could you please be sure to also show the model number or the unit.

Alternatively, you may also contact us at 1300 002 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm for further assistance.

Tanya Z.
Tanya Z. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

I am looking to buy the Stirling Washing Machine Stacking Kit, White - SASK80S.
Is there a link to purchase this product anywhere? I can’t seem to find it online.

Sam
Sam · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Anyone got a link to the user manual please?

ALDI   DM

Hi Sam, Do you need one for model STR-HPD80W? If so, our After Sales Support can assist you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 002 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30am – 6pm or send your request to info@tempo.org.

tam
tam · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

There is water under the dryer how do I stop that? I only purchased it on Saturday 15/07/23

ALDI   DM

Hi Tam, The appliance produces condensate water which is by default collected in the in-built water container and needs to be emptied after use. Alternatively, an external drain hose can be installed if you want to drain the condensate water directly into a sink. Please refer to page 12 of your instruction manual for details.

Hope this helps! If you do need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 112 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30am – 6pm.

Mick P.
Mick P. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Where does the hose that came with the unit get fitted on SHPD80W

Same question. NFI

ALDI   DM

Hi Boofhead, SHPD80W and STR-HPD80W are completely different units.

STR-HPD80W- Drain hose installation (page 12 in manual):

The heat pump dryer does not need to be vented, so you do not need to install an
air duct. However, the appliance produces condensate water which is by default
collected in the in-built water container and needs to be emptied after use.
Alternatively, you can drain the water into a nearby sink using an external drain hose
(supplied). If you want to drain the condensate water directly into a sink, install the
drain hose as follows:

Pull the water pipe in arrow direction from the hose connector at the back of the
appliance, using pliers if necessary. Install the external drain hose to the hose
connector and lead the end into a standpipe or sink.

If you do need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our After Sales Support Team at 1300 002 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm.

Mick P.
Mick P. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Where does the hose that come with the unit fit

Hi Mick
The hose stays where it is , unless you want to automate the water discharge into a sink or
train pipe . If you connect the pipe the discharge automatically selects the pump out function.
However de lint filter still has to be cleaned after every run, so to do the water tank manually empty is no big deal.

ALDI   DM

Hi Mick, If you are referring to the drain hose, please refer to page 12 of your user manual for installation procedure.

Gav
Gav

The diagram on page 12 of the user manual looks nothing like the dryer itself. I too am puzzled as to how to fit the drain hose.

Boofhead

Hey @aldi there is nothing on page 12 of the manual???!!!

ALDI   DM

Hi Boofhead, Is the model number of your unit STR-HPD80W? If so, please send an email to info@tempo.org and we'll send you a PDF copy of the manual.

Jim
Jim · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Does this dryer spin the drum in both directions?

Tina
Tina

Yes I think so!

Kevin G.
Kevin G. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Model SHPD80W PRODUCT CODE 708778 I 07/2022

A loud bang and the dryer stopped spinning, sounds like a broken belt.
Purchased at Aldi Rockhampton on Sunday 17 July 2022, broke last night Sunday 11 June 2023. Please advise as to the course of action I should take.

Graham
Graham

If it has a 1 yr.warranty well done to the manufacturer..

Kevin G.

The old one was taken away and replaced with a new one (different brand).
I am pretty grateful with the way it turned out. Yippee Hi Ho :D

Scott N.
Scott N. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

can i get a belt asap?

I ordered mine on ebay will be here this week. Only takes 5 to 7 days

ALDI   DM

Hi Scott, Thanks for your enquiry.

Do you need the drum belt or motor belt for Model STR-HPD80W? Both are available and should you wish to purchase, please contact our Customer Support on 1300 112 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30am – 6pm.

Drum Belt - SKU 598130000104
Motor Belt - SKU 598130000072

Scott N.
Scott N. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

is there a replacement belt avaiable and instruction on how to replace it?

Naomi

It's available online through ebay

M Y.
M Y. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

My dryer worked ok for about a year and then it started to take 7 hours to dry a full load. I have cleaned both filters. Does anyone have a similar issue?

Josh C
Josh C

I have the same problem!!! I would love to know how to fix this. There is heat coming behind the front filter but it seems like it’s not blowing warm air in…

andrew r.
andrew r. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Dryer beeps and stops 1 minute into cycle.
Error flashes that the water tank is full but it's empty. Is it the pump? I had this issue a few months ago, thought it was a blockage in the pump so I pushed some aire through with no issues and it was fine for months.

Daniel P
Daniel P

I had a similar issue, got it looked at under warranty, the technician noted that these dryers in particular have a unfavourable design for the water level sender, which often causes it to get stick at the top level.

I got my money back via warranty claim but got to keep the dryer.i have since worked out how to prevent this reoccuring.

Best way to rectify this is to take the water collection container out and pour some water down the back of the place where the water collector container is (very back should be a small hole where any water that overflows from the container drains back to the sump)

By pouring water down here it usually can dislodge the water level sensor and cause it to drop back down to the empty position.

I started emptying the water before and after each load of drying and it has resolved the issue for me, my hypothesis is that the sensor only gets displaced when the sump is totally full.

Give it a try and let me know how you go!

Cameron M.
Cameron M.

You bloody legend Daniel! This has helped me out immensely as we've had gastro with our little one and I have had a backlog to get through. Thank you homie.

Paul
Paul · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi . My dryer is about 3/ 4 months old.
It is stopping after about 10 minutes on the standard cycle. A fan symbol comes up too
All filters are clean, including the mystery one at the bottom.

Am I missing something, or do I have to call for a service?

darren h.
darren h. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Anyone know what E3 error code means

Steve
Steve

According to the owners guide the error code E33 temperature sensor failure - contact after sales service team 1300 11 4357 Aus

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Select a listing for your question
ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)