Bank of Queensland

Online, Branches

6 questions from our users

Crystal

Crystalasked

My other half is with BOQ and it takes over a week for transfers to another bank to go through. Is this normal for this bank? Surely not? Had anyone else experienced this? It happens every time!

Jerald
Jerald

Not normal at all.
All my inter-bank transfers went through on the same business day.

My problem with BOQ is other area.......and I stop using BOQ already.
The very last transfer went out to the other bank smoothly......

anfeld
anfeld

Sometimes transfers take longer. Their banking app is absolutely useless. My issue was that they wouldn't "allow" a payment to go to an Aussie institution because they didn't recognize it. This is a banking institution and should surely have the means to know if another financial institution (registered with ASIC by the way) is legitimate or not.

Spyro Sophiadakisasked

Branches

Is there a boq in Devonport Tasmania

Spyro Sophiadakis

Where in devonport can I have the address

Fired Up
Fired Up

Why ask the public? The answer is in their website

Tina N.

Tina N.asked

Online

I have a bank of Queensland account how long will it take to transfer from my account to say a commwealth bank?

MikeH
MikeH

Assuming you are talking about a savings account (mortgages are much much more difficult to change). You will need to open new CBA accounts. Should be same day for a savings account (if you meet a Manager). Then you need to transfer money from BoQ to CBA ... can do this immediately if you have internet access. Then you are right to close down the B o Q account. :) So, if you have internet access and you can meet a CBA manager, and you are moving a savings account ... all the same day !

john smith
john smith

have you thought about asking the bank

shazcam

shazcamasked

Hi..I made deposits to my accounts weekly via the Post Office as I live Regional Victoria and as of today that service has been canceled be the Bank Of Qld due to not wanting to pay the Post Office a fee, I was advised at Australia Post?? Is there another point of deposit as I am not near a Branch?

hammerhead
hammerhead

they only way you are going to get the correct information is to contact the bank they wont answer you here

ManagerManasked

Online

I submitted an application on line to open a transaction and linked savings account and apart from an automated email telling me that BOQ will be in touch when it is open after 2 full working days I have heard nothing since. Any other bank does an online identification and account is Immediately functional online. Why can’t BOQ have an account open and functioning yet after 2 working days?

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Call them tomorrow morning and ask them. My experience. With their online applications proved very slow. Best to go into a branch and new account applications are active within minutes of personally handing completed forms to a member of staff.

Ash
Ash

BOQ takes forever to get the simplest of tasks done. They also apparently have internal departments that cannot communicate with each other. The only way I have managed to get them to do anything is to ring them multiple times and use extremely strong language until someone decides to do their job.

ManagerMan

Thanks Jeff and Ash. Working full time it has been hard to go into a branch. After calling them I finally received an acknowledgment email yesterday saying my account is now open and they have posted me information on how to access internet banking and also information of my account details (I still don’t know account numbers, BSB etc yet!). They said I should receive that and my card in another 7 to 10 working days.....! (“Trust me, the details/cheque is in the mail!!). How does this bank ever win customers with their appalling service?? I think I will now just walk away and think myself lucky that they demonstrated up front how terrible their service is before I gave them any money. Is it possible to love a bank? Possibly, but not this one.....!!

Cashmony

Cashmonyasked

When the bank is down what’s the max they let you withdraw?

Ian J
Ian J

You can get a toggle from BOQ which allows you to set a High limit for electronic transfers. Normal withdrawal limits through an ATM are set by you and the bank. You just need to set it up

Get an answer from our members and Bank of Queensland representatives

Other Banks