2BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Ray
Ray · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have a new DR650gw but the front camera playback is upside down and the small letters are mirrored

Blair J
Blair J · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have started getting a continuous loop of messages saying 'initialising sd card, please do not disconnect the power, restarting', then it turns turns off, powers back up , only to repeat.

Latest in a long line of issues with this blackvue system. Seriously regretting getting it.

Any help appreciated

BlackVue   DM

Hi Blair, Thanks for reaching out to us, this could indicate an issue with the units firmware or the SD card itself.
We would recommend getting the SD card formatted and then placing the legacy firmware onto the SD card, this can be downloaded from the link below.
external link

Once on the SD card insert it into the camera to apple the firmware.
If the issue still persists please try an alternate SD card with the camera or reach out to us for further assistance.

Kim C
Kim C · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My black view has suddenly started say ‘voice recording off’ followed by ‘restarting voice recording’ many times in a row! Why? It’s run the battery down twice overnight.

malcy
malcy · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

my camera worked up till dec20. since then red and blue light on and no wifi. have formatted sd card and downloaded firmware upgrade. says upgrading and restarts and still blue and red light on and no wifi displayed although the blue wifi light is on

Leo Sheppard
Leo Sheppard

Heya, best to give Black Vue Australia a call. I think your firmware install has stuffed up.

I’ve found the support team to be extremely helpful!

Phone Support
08 6267 5167
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (WST)

BlackVue   DM

Hi Malcy, We are sorry to hear of the issues being experienced with your BlackVue camera.
It definitely sounds like there is something going on, it would be best to reach out to our support team on 08 6267 5167 or support@blackvue.com.au
We can then troubleshoot this issue further and get it resolved.

Chris H
Chris H · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My Camera has been working fine for years, recently it was moved to a new car, and and auto electrician hardwired it to the car so it can record all the time.
This has been working fine for about a month and then today I have noticed that the camera is not broadcasting WiFi and all three LEDs are flashing on the back of the unit.

Googling this has not found any solution, has anyone seen this before and what can I do to fix it?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Chris, Is there any audio that is accompanying these symptoms?
If you power the camera with no SD Card inserted does the camera behave the same way or react differently?

KylieL · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I just got this product and I am wondering is it normal for the white light to stay on after car is parked, locked etc at night? Sorry just new to it and can’t seem to find a yes or no answer to if it’s meant to be doing it.

Travelling Sparky
Travelling Sparky

Yes it is set by default in your app, but you can disable it if you want. It is a visual deterrent to would-be car thieves or vandals that you have an active camera watching over your car. In the Blackvue app you can choose whether you want the front and rear lights visible in parking mode.

Awesome thanks so much!

Ali F.
Ali F.

How to turn off white light dash cam when I park night light always stay own plz guide in app

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ali, For the DR650GW-2CH camera make sure you are running the latest firmware V2.011. Once updated you can then connect to your camera and go to Firmware settings -> Other -> Security LED -> and then switch the Parking Mode LED option to off. If there are any issues please let us know.

John · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Not happy.....Invalid system configuration...seems to be a real issue after reading all the comments on here.
Mine is now doing the same.....I have SanDisk extreme pro sd cards...same as I use in my drones....

Worked great until a couple of weeks ago....Have tried multiple times via my computer too re install the firmware.......

Nothing is working.....camera has only been used for around two years....not a cheap purchase yet cheap results.

Any suggestions please blackvue....and don't tell me it's the sd card as SanDisk are top quality and worked fine until now

BlackVue   DM

Hi John, Thanks for reaching out to us.
When reinstalling the firmware does the camera take it and then still produce the error message?
Could you also advise what firmware you have on your system?

John

Yep it does take it....then does it thing and gets to I initialising the sd card....then fails saying invalid system configuration......

It was working fine up till a couple of weeks ago

BlackVue   DM

Hi John, Thanks for letting us know.
Could you please try the firmware on the link below to see if it resolves the issue.
external link

If the issue still persists we will need to arrange to have the system looked into to resolve the issue.

Roberto A.
Roberto A. · Dual Camera

Hi,
I have a Blackvue DR650S camera set.
The dash cam is working and recording, but the rear cam is not recording at all.
I upgraded the firmware to 1.014 to see if that would resolve it, but has not.
I checked the logs and it says that the rear sensor failed.
Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Roberto, Thanks for reaching out to us.
For rear camera issues there are 3 things that could cause the camera to not connect.
The front cameras MCX port has had the white ring pierced, this will stop power flow to the rear camera.
The coax cable on either the front or rear ends has had the pin snapped or bent.
Or the rear camera has faulted and will not power.

If you can check the front cameras MCX port and the coax cable pins and confirm they are fine then we can assist with looking into the rear camera.
Please advise.

Abubaker M.
Abubaker M. · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I used to have internet in my car and connection was ok. But now I don't have the internet in my car and it does not get connected to my Samsung S8+. I have tried different ways to connect it wirelessly but the app keeps crashing can you help me please? Do I always have to have the internet to coneect to the dash cam? Thanks

BlackVue   DM

Hi Abubaker, The BlackVue cameras will not require an internet connection unless you are trying to connect via the cloud.
If you are connecting via local WiFi to the system just open your phones WiFi settings and select the BlackVue network.
Once connected open the BlackVue App and select WiFi.
If there is any error messages during this process please advise so we can assist further.
We can also be contacted on 08 6267 5167 or emailed at support@blackvue.com.au

Jan p.
Jan p. · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Why is the light not going out on my back BlackVue camera

What light?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Jan, If there is a light on your BlackVue system then it would indicate that the camera is currently receiving power.
If you are able to advise which light specifically then we can advise what it is indicating.

David C.
David C.

Hi Jan, the lights mean your device is on and recording it the gps is currently active and the WiFi function is also active. Without knowing what light, it’s difficult to answer however seeing any light is a good sign.

Cyberstalker
Cyberstalker  · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Recently purchased a car with this camera,I removed the Blackvue sd card and the camera hasn't recorded anything since 2018!
The front white light is on and the blue and red lights are also on,when I try and press the button to turn the Wifi on/off nothing happens as well.
So in other words the power is on but there's no one home,help please?!

BlackVue   DM

Hi Cyberstalker, Thanks for reaching out to us.

If the system is showing lights but they are solid then it does confirm power is coming in but the camera is freezing on startup.
This could be caused by the cameras SD Card or the camera itself.

We would advise powering the camera with no SD Card inserted to try and isolate which component is the cause of the issue.
If the camera boots and says "No SD Card" then it would indicate that the SD Card was the cause and we would advise getting a new SD card.
If the same issue persists then it would indicate that the camera is the cause.
If it is the camera please let us know so that we can assist further to resolve the issue.

If assistance is required with performing these steps please reach out to us on the number below.

Patrick V
Patrick V · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My DR650GW 2 Ch is wired with the PMP. Has been working for 3 years with no issues. Recently, when in parking mode, it shuts off after 4 or 5 hours. Even when I have motion detection set to the lowest. I records for 5 hours then shuts off. The next day when i drive the car again and i look at the live view or view my files, the time an date is not synced anymore. I will have to reset the settings in the app and also reformat a couple times via the camera to have it synced again. This happens every day, it is no annoying. The correct date is important as if you have to track an incident or prove something in court, having the wrong date will not win you the case. Any advice please? I am at wits end with the camera.

Aaron B.
Aaron B. · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi , i'm Aaron , what needs to be done for my camera to work properly , when the ignition is turned on , it keeps repeating not to turn off the power? thank you

PhilR123

sounds like the micro SD card is not formatted properly. Do you know how to format the card?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Aaron, If the camera is getting into a loop when trying to intialise the SD card then this could indicate a faulty SD card. We would advise trying an alternate SD card to see if it resolves the issue.

Benjamin C.
Benjamin C. · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

While reviewing playback from the SDCard for my Blackvue DR900S-2CH, I noticed in parking mode the playback is almost an hour not 3min which I set. And the playback is in 16X or 32X fast forward speed with no audio. Why?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Benjamin, Thanks for getting in touch with your query.
It sounds like your units parking mode has been set to Time Lapse recording instead of Motion & Impact detection.
This will make the camera record 1 frame per second for the duration of the parking time and then plays the files back at 30 frames per second so a 30 minute recording period is played back in a 1 minute file.
To change settings access the firmware settings and under the basic then recording tabs change the parking mode recordings.
If you require further assistance please get in touch on the number below.

Yorinaldi
Yorinaldi · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

After upgrade firmware, my blackvue DR650S-2CH can't connect to wifi, it says "wifi unavailable"
Can you help me about this problem ?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Yorinaldi, Thanks for sending your query through. Typically for this error message disabling mobile data on Android based devices will resolve the issue. However if you are using a apple device then a network reset maybe required to get it back up and running. Can you confirm if this error message is occurring in your devices WiFi network list or when trying to connect through the app?

Casey R.
Casey R. · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Hi since installing the device my car battery has been draining, is it connected to the car battery?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Casey, Whether the unit is drawing from your vehicles battery is determined by how it has been installed.
If the unit was installed with the hard wiring Power Magic Pro kit, then the camera will draw from the vehicles battery.
However the Power Magic Pro has inbuilt voltage and timer cut off to ensure that the camera does not run the vehicles battery flat.
The voltage cut off setting can be adjusted on the Power Magic Pro itself to either 12V or 12.5V cut off.

If you require any assistance with how the devices work or would like to run something by our support team they can be contacted on the details below.
Phone: 08 6267 5167
Email: support@blackvue.com.au

Ben W
Ben W · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

After an incident last night, I removed 64gb sd card to review files. Only files found on the card were from a few months ago and it seems no new files are available to view. My cameras are set to record constantly inc parking mode using the power magic pro.
The SD card was purchased recently from Ebay advertised as 'genuine blackvue' and from an Australian seller.
Is this likely to be an SD card issue or something else?

BlackVue   DM

Hello Ben, We're very sorry to hear that this has happened. From what you have described, it does sound like the mSD card is corrupt and will need replacing. May I suggest contacting our support team via email; sales@blackvue.com.au
They will be able to further assist you with this matter.
Best Regards,
Tom.
BlackVue Australia.

Mohammad
Mohammad · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Hi I want to know why front camera footage don’t show on recording? all lights on all settings good I can not see live view front camera Thanks

BlackVue   DM

Hi Mohammad, This could be for a number of reasons, the most common would be the SD card has become corrupted.
The easiest way to resolve the issue would be to contact our support team so they can facilitate some diagnostics and provide a suitable solution.
Feel free to call Mon-Fri 9.00-5.00 AWST
Best Regards

Tan H.
Tan H. · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My front camera when view on my smartphone. Show rainbow colour. Rear view working. Any ideas?

ANGRY MUCH
ANGRY MUCH

Have you tried slightly point it down while you're on view with your phone and see if there is still rainbow. It could be the sun reflecting on your window, if you still see rainbow could be your lense. If it is in warranty get in contact who you got it from and send it back.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Tan, Thanks for your question.
As others have previously stated, you can try re orientating the camera to reduce the direct sun exposure, however if this doesn't have the required effect you are welcome to contact the BlackVue support team. We may be able to offer a repair option even if the camera is out of warranty.
Feel free to get in touch 9-5 Mon-Fri AWST
Best Regards,
08 9267 5167

Mark · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Can I have it powered up all the time .

BlackVue   DM

Hi Mark, Thanks for your question.
In short the camera can run continuously, however this is dependent on a suitable power supply.
BlackVue offers 3 power supply options:
1. Power Magic Pro (PMP) This allows the camera to run of the car battery with a voltage cut off, ensuring the car will start upon return. Typical run time approx 4 hours.
2. B-112 Auxiliary battery will allow 6 hours of run time.
3. B-124 Bluetooth auxiliary battery will allow 17 hours of run time.
The above run time are based on a fully charged battery, the battery need approx 40 mins to fully charge.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Mark

Thank you, I'll look into one of these

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Select a listing for your question
BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2019, 2018 and 2017. Learn more