BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

68 questions from our users

Abubaker M.
Abubaker M.asked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I used to have internet in my car and connection was ok. But now I don't have the internet in my car and it does not get connected to my Samsung S8+. I have tried different ways to connect it wirelessly but the app keeps crashing can you help me please? Do I always have to have the internet to coneect to the dash cam? Thanks

Hi Abubaker,

The BlackVue cameras will not require an internet connection unless you are trying to connect via the cloud.
If you are connecting via local WiFi to the system just open your phones WiFi settings and select the BlackVue network.
Once connected open the BlackVue App and select WiFi.
If there is any error messages during this process please advise so we can assist further.
We can also be contacted on 08 6267 5167 or emailed at support@blackvue.com.au

Jan p.
Jan p.asked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Why is the light not going out on my back BlackVue camera

What light?

Hi Jan,

If there is a light on your BlackVue system then it would indicate that the camera is currently receiving power.
If you are able to advise which light specifically then we can advise what it is indicating.

David C.
David C.

Hi Jan, the lights mean your device is on and recording it the gps is currently active and the WiFi function is also active. Without knowing what light, it’s difficult to answer however seeing any light is a good sign.

Cyberstalker
Cyberstalker asked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Recently purchased a car with this camera,I removed the Blackvue sd card and the camera hasn't recorded anything since 2018!
The front white light is on and the blue and red lights are also on,when I try and press the button to turn the Wifi on/off nothing happens as well.
So in other words the power is on but there's no one home,help please?!

Hi Cyberstalker,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If the system is showing lights but they are solid then it does confirm power is coming in but the camera is freezing on startup.
This could be caused by the cameras SD Card or the camera itself.

We would advise powering the camera with no SD Card inserted to try and isolate which component is the cause of the issue.
If the camera boots and says "No SD Card" then it would indicate that the SD Card was the cause and we would advise getting a new SD card.
If the same issue persists then it would indicate that the camera is the cause.
If it is the camera please let us know so that we can assist further to resolve the issue.

If assistance is required with performing these steps please reach out to us on the number below.

Patrick V
Patrick Vasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My DR650GW 2 Ch is wired with the PMP. Has been working for 3 years with no issues. Recently, when in parking mode, it shuts off after 4 or 5 hours. Even when I have motion detection set to the lowest. I records for 5 hours then shuts off. The next day when i drive the car again and i look at the live view or view my files, the time an date is not synced anymore. I will have to reset the settings in the app and also reformat a couple times via the camera to have it synced again. This happens every day, it is no annoying. The correct date is important as if you have to track an incident or prove something in court, having the wrong date will not win you the case. Any advice please? I am at wits end with the camera.

Aaron B.
Aaron B.asked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi , i'm Aaron , what needs to be done for my camera to work properly , when the ignition is turned on , it keeps repeating not to turn off the power? thank you

PhilR123

sounds like the micro SD card is not formatted properly. Do you know how to format the card?

Hi Aaron,

If the camera is getting into a loop when trying to intialise the SD card then this could indicate a faulty SD card. We would advise trying an alternate SD card to see if it resolves the issue.

Tan H.
Tan H.asked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My front camera when view on my smartphone. Show rainbow colour. Rear view working. Any ideas?

ANGRY MUCH
ANGRY MUCH

Have you tried slightly point it down while you're on view with your phone and see if there is still rainbow. It could be the sun reflecting on your window, if you still see rainbow could be your lense. If it is in warranty get in contact who you got it from and send it back.

Hi Tan,
Thanks for your question.
As others have previously stated, you can try re orientating the camera to reduce the direct sun exposure, however if this doesn't have the required effect you are welcome to contact the BlackVue support team. We may be able to offer a repair option even if the camera is out of warranty.
Feel free to get in touch 9-5 Mon-Fri AWST
08 9267 5167

Markasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Can I have it powered up all the time .

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your question.
In short the camera can run continuously, however this is dependent on a suitable power supply.
BlackVue offers 3 power supply options:
1. Power Magic Pro (PMP) This allows the camera to run of the car battery with a voltage cut off, ensuring the car will start upon return. Typical run time approx 4 hours.
2. B-112 Auxiliary battery will allow 6 hours of run time.
3. B-124 Bluetooth auxiliary battery will allow 17 hours of run time.
The above run time are based on a fully charged battery, the battery need approx 40 mins to fully charge.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Mark

Thank you, I'll look into one of these

ShagShag
ShagShagasked

Hi there,
In June 2016, I purchased two DR650GW-2CH for my wife and myself. Now I'm having issues with them.
About a week ago, mine stopped working, only the blue GPS light is on and it doesn't record anymore.
My wife's one when I remove the power it switches off without shutting down.
Could you please help?
Thanks!

Hi ShagShag,
Thanks for your question and sorry to hear that your camera is having these issues. Can I suggest trying to format your microSD card in a PC and double check that all the file shave been deleted.
Furthermore, feel free to call our support team on 08 6267 5167 and they should be bale to offer some more extensive troubleshooting.

BlackVue Australia.

Raybinasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Are Blackvue going to address (with a firmware update) the totally oversensitive "Motion Detection" as used for the PARKING MODE on the DR650GW -2CH units. I believe they have the same issue with nearly all of the models including the latest range. Even when set to the very least sensitive setting the camera still records almost full time to the SD Card- which is pretty useless when in Parking mode. It will pick up a blade of grass moving at 100Metres!!! and record it!!! why can't this be addressed?

Hi Raybin,
Unfortunately the manufacturer has advised us, the Australian Distributor, that they will not be releasing firmware updates for the DR650GW and DR650S range any more. We are equally frustrated at this decision, but it is out of our control. It may be worth emailing them and giving your feedback directly, they may take it on board and reconsider the decision to not release further updates. Some customers have had positive results by turning motion detection OFF, but increased the G sensor sensitivity.
BlackVue Australia.

Tassie Devil
Tassie Devil

Hi Raybin,
I think BlackVue Australia has answered your question. I am not a rep, agent etc. for BlackVue. I just happened to have bought 2 Dash Cams for our cars a couple of months ago and left a feedback for them. Now I keep getting questions of all sorts about problems and stuff that I know nothing about, but just give contact details of BlackVue Australia.
Sorry I cannot help. :(
Regards
Tassie Devil.

Blackvue,
Well, i guess that says it all. I can waste my time banging my head against an unmovable brick wall or i can continue to write honest reviews on every available consumer website and social media page that i can regarding the total unsuitability for purpose that their product exhibits.
The 3 major functions that would be required of parking mode: ( in my opinion)
1) Record to SD card activity near your car- for the purpose of recording possible malicious scratch events- NOT GOING TO BE POSSIBLE IF YOU TURN MOTION DETECTION OFF!
2) Minimise the possibility of "REAL EVENT" Overwrite on the SD Card- NOT POSSIBLE AS THE UNIT RECORDS PRACTICALLY 100% OF THE TIME
3) Record events such as collision damage- YES IT CAN DO THIS BUT MAY WELL BE OVERWRITTEN DUE TO THE OVER-SENSITIVITY OF THE MOTION DETECTION FIRMWARE.
I am just one of many whom are complaining about this- it is time for everyone to write as many reviews in as many places as possible- i for one would not ever consider buying or recommending one of the BLACKVUE systems and have currently persuaded many to avoid buying one of this brand.

Sharon Igawaasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I recently bought the DR650GW-2CH with the magic box. Everything was working great after installation. I had access to my iPhone app and was able to set everything up. Now there’s no voice prompt, I can’t access my phone app due to no connection, the red recording light doesn’t come on unless I disconnect the cord to the camera and plug it back in. After starting the car, I always heard the camera say something, now it’s nothing. I tried holding down the button on the side to reset it but nothing. I tried downloading the newest firmware too. Can you please help me?

Hi Sharon,
Thanks for your question, there sounds like there are a couple of things in play here.
1. No lights on the camera would indicate there is no power getting to the camera unit, this can be for a number of reasons; e.g. low battery voltage, poor cable connection, Power Magic Pro boot switch is in the off position. Obviously if there is no power to the unit you will not be able to connect to the camera with your smart phone.
2. No voice announcements can be due to them being switched off in the settings, it is possible the camera speaker my not be working correctly.
For the best support please contact the BlackVue Australia support team on the details below so we can get you back on the road ASAP.

Hi,
1. Actually the lights are on, but sometimes just the blue light only. When that happens, I pull the plug out and insert it back in. That is when I have both red and blue lights on. There is power to the unit, it’s just not working properly at the moment.
2. The voice command was on all this time and suddenly it stopped. I didn’t change the setting.

Now I’m not able to go to settings using the BlackVue app. On my phone WiFi, I usually see the camera choice for WiFi but now it’s not there so I can’t connect to it.

I’ve had this camera for 8 months.
-Sharon

Winston Tan
Winston Tan

Hi Sharon
My unit DR650GW-2CH also have the same identical problems your unit is having
Speaker is not working even though blue and orange lights are both on the unit. I try to activate the wifi by pressing the wifi on-off button by wifi won't work and try pressing on the same button for 20 seconds in order to reset the unit but to no avail just hope someone out there can help us with these issues

XC40
XC40asked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have a DR650GW-2CH fitted with Power Magic Pro and I want to upgrade to either the DR750S-2CH or DR900S-2CH. Can I just swap out the camera units from their brackets and insert the new cameras to be up and running, or do I need to replace all the cables?

Luko

Just swap out the units I believe. If you ask Blackpvue online they will,confirm.

Hi XC40,
Thanks for your question.
The DR650GW may have a different coax cable depending on the age of the camera. The window brackets are also camera specific, the power supply remains the same across the above models. Feel free to get in touch with our support team to who can confirm if you will need to replace the coax cable if you provide the serial number of the camera.
Best Regards

landscape1uk
landscape1ukasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi, I have had my Blackvue DR650GW-2CH for sometime now and have only recently started to have a problem with the front camera ( getting a rainbow effect) on the recording, only with the front camera,,,PLS Help.. ..

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Landscape1uk, Generally this is due to the camera sensor failing. However you may be able to resurrect it with a firmware update. If that doesn't work our support team will be able to facilitate in getting the camera repaired. Office hours 9-5 Mon-Fri WAST

Pedroasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I've bought a car with a DR650GW-2CH camera and can't access camera because the password 'blackvue' doesn't work. How can I reset the password?

Hi Pedro,
Thanks for your question.
The best way to reset the password is via the BlackVue PC Player. Simply insert the SD card in to the PC > Open the PC Player > Settings > WiFi > Password Reset
Please find a link to the help center below with step by step instructions.

Perfect, it worked!

Nate82
Nate82asked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have a VW 2016 amarok. I left the lights on, the cars’ battery Went dead flat. Charged battery but BlackVue no longer turns on with ignition. How do I fix it? Car battery has full charge.

Luko

Sorry Nate I have no idea. If you email blackvue Australia they will provide the answer. Cheers

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Nate, are you using the Power Magic Pro? or just powering the camera via the 12v outlet in your vehicle? While the engine is running, check the PMP (if fitted) to see if the Green LED is illuminated, also try removing the power cord from the camera for 1 minute, then plugging it back in.
Thanks,
Tom.
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

CLEGGY
CLEGGYasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My blackvue keeps on asking to check my SD card why?

Hi Cleggy,
This notification means that there is an issue with the SD card.
Generally the SD card will need to be formatted to resolve the issue, BlackVue recommend to do this ever couple of weeks or so for best performance.
If the SD card is more than 12 months old, it may have reached the end of its serviceable life and need to be replaced. As with all SD cards they have a finite number of write cycles, BlackVue dash cams run through these quite quickly compared with other technology due to running times and high quality video recordings so it is important to use the correct type of card in your camera. If you continue to hear the "check SD card" message after formatting the SD card, the card may need to be replaced. All BlackVue retailers can facilitate in supplying the correct type of SD card.
Please find the instructions on how to format the SD card below:
Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.
Auto BlackBox

Sallyasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

We have a DR650GW-2ch with a Magic pro (set to infinity and 12 volts)
Is the front white/blue light (seen from outside) meant to keep flashing or after a while is it supposed to stop?
Also when we park in our garage at night - parking recording files stop after a few hours - until we 'start the car'
Also the dashcam will say 'powering down' whenever a door/hatch is opened (say you put something in it then return to the shops and come back later on) it will not have recorded anything until the car is actually started up again?
Any help would be appreciated Sally

Penrith DS
Penrith DS

The blue led light can be turned on or off in the firmware settings if you don't want it flashing a security light. You may need to check your voltage at the fuse where the power wire is linked. If you say your files are stopping after a few hours this could mean voltage is dropping below the 12 volts set or wires could be around the wrong way if not recording in park mode. If the unit says powering down it is turning off. Check your wiring connections are correct. Ps if you want your card to last longer disconnect power wire from the camera at night. The only problem is the date settings will change if being shown (firmware selection)

Sally

Thank you for your comments - however:
We don't wish to turn the light off (it is a good way to know if the unit is working or not !!!)
The cars battery voltage has been checked as is exactly as it should be
Why would the voltage drop (switching off the unit) is it not designed for use in a car ?????
The auto electrical company has re-checked all the wiring and is as they have done on many other vehicles
I don't want to disconnect anything - I just want it to work

Sibron
Sibron

I would have said your car is not charging the battery fully, but you have had a sparky look at it already, perhaps the power supply is coming from somewhere with volt drop. Your camera is saying all the right things, and its because the power is (or it thinks it is) getting below 12V at the supply to the magic pro, that it is shutting down.
I set my magic pro to 12V because my Ranger has "smart charge" and doesn't always top up the battery to it maximum. But it lasts all night and well into the morning most days.
Perhaps the Magic pro is faulty. You would need to put a multimeter on the supply wire once it has shut off. If it is over 12V, ask Blackbox for a new Magic pro.

PKG
PKGasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I am having the same issue of connecting to cloud and I am following all the right steps but the live view icon is not turning blue,any suggestions?

Jose G
Jose Gasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

How long after formatting the SD Card does it take to initialize? My dash cam Dr-650-2channel keeps saying “ please do not turn off the power- initializing the SD Card “ for over 20 minutes

Ilona V
Ilona V

I am having the same problem. How long did yours take to initialize?

Katie A.
Katie A.

Did you ever find out this answer as I am currently having the same issue and it’s driving me nuts!

Frankj S
Frankj S

I have encountered this same problem today but it doesn't look like anyone has responded to this problem. Any news?

Ana W
Ana Wasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I connect to the BlackVue app vía WiFi but when I try to load recordings I get the message that WiFi signal is too weak. Updated Firmware and disconnected auto join (as per blog recommendations) Reformatted sd card. Any thoughts?

Hi Ana,
Weak WiFi can be caused by a few different factors, some of the more common ones are:
1. Low power, if the voltage is getting towards the lower end required, this can cause a weak connection, make sure the car engine is running before downloading any files.
2. WiFi interference can cause a poor connection. If there are many WiFi networks in the area it may be an option to drive around the corner to reduce the number of interfering networks.
3. Distance from the camera unit. The mobile device should really be within 3 meters of the camera for a good connection.
If you are still experiencing problems after exhausting the above fixes, feel free to get in touch with our tech support team.

Sharon Igawa

Was this issue ever solved?? When I press the WiFi button on the cam, it doesn’t say anything. When trying to connect to WiFi, the camera is not listed to connect.
When I first received the product, the connection went smooth but after a few months it stopped working.

Michelle
Michelleasked
Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

The camera will start recording and say "Blackview for your..." and things will be okay but then just a mile or so down the road it will say "Restarting". There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why or when it will restart. At times it will do this 6-10 times with a minute apart. What is going on?

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Michelle, Sorry to hear you having issues with your camera.
This scenario normally means the SD card has run through is servicable life and can no longer write information to the card quickly enough, causing the camera to restart. The best thing to do is replace the SD card by either purchase or warranty replacement if less than 12 months old.
All BlackVue SD cards have a 12 month warranty and are available from our authorised dealers. https://www.blackvue.com.au/dealer-locator/
Please only use compatible SD cards that are "MLC Class 10 Endurance". BlackVue only recommends genuine or Auto BlackBox SD cards.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
Best Regards

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S questions

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH