Bosisto's Sensitive Laundry Powder

Bosisto's Sensitive Laundry Powder Questions & Answers

Debbie
Debbie

Can i use it to wash a sheepskin baby rug

Wendy A.
Wendy A.

Is this a non-detergent based l auhdry product?

Robyn

Can this product be used to wash baby clotbes

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Robyn Yes it can. However if you're looking for a specific baby laundry liquid, we recommend this one by our sister brand, Euky Bear: external link

It's only online at the moment, but the brand do have sales and free shipping offers if you sign up to their newsletter. Kindest Regards, Bosisto's (and Euky Bear)!

Robyn

Thankyou for your answer. That is most helpful

Janet
Janet

we have developed a rash is this possibly caused by the laundry powder?

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Janet Sorry to hear this. You'd be best to see your GP to discuss possible causes of your rash - there are many possible causes including infections and food allergies as well. Bosisto's Sensitive Laundry Powder has been dermatologically tested as kind to sensitive skin, so we wouldn't think it's likely to be the cause. But speaking to your GP would be the best idea. Kind Regards, Bosisto's Team.

Mystery solved
Mystery solved

Yes this washing powder caused a facial rash for me. It didn't affect anyone else in my family and it took me 5 years to work out what was causing it. So it may be worth stopping the product for a while to see if rash disappears.

Becc
Becc

Obviously you could be allergic to something in this powder, butt of course you could also have been allergic to other powders too. That doesn't mean it's a bad product. I don't and will not use anything else but Bosito's

Stuart H.
Stuart H.

Going by the reviews of the soap powder, are the people using cold water or warm water? I read in CHOICE that the cold water in Australia is actually to cold for cold water washing. They stated this after testing numerous products both liquid and powder.

Shannyn
Shannyn

I wash in hot and cold but only have cold going through the dispenser (machine heats the water) but prior to a change in their product I never had an issue with the product, it's only been in recent months.

Immortelle
Immortelle

Same. Most machines now only have a cold fill option.

Frank

I am interested in changing washing powder - my partner has a soap sensitivity - AND i prefer to by Australian -
However reading the comments in the reviews it would seem that in the last year you have deviated from what was considered an excellent product, if not the best?
Have you resolved the the issue ?

Sonia
Sonia

Frank, I don’t believe they have.
I used this product on and off for a couple of years and it was great.
When I bought it a few months back it didn’t dissolve it left a hard lump of powder my dispenser draw.
I had to throw out the entire box.
I think the have changed their formulation, they should have left it alone it was washing everything just fine.

Heather
Heather

Hi Frank. No they haven't resolved the issue. I've sent emails etc. Yes, it's very disappointing. If I have to, I throw a scoop in the actual front loader drum, rather than putting in the dispenser, where it seems to seize up. Clearly, they have changed the formula, and what's worse, have stopped putting batch numbers on their boxes (which won't help them if they want to track the problem batches). In the meantime, I have bought the Bosistos washing liquid, and having no issue. So may well stick with this from here on. Good luck.

Hi. Thanks for the response - will look at the Liquid
Regards

Brian S.
Brian S.

is this product garden friendly?

Bosisto's   DM

Hello Brian, The Bosisto's Sensitive Laundry Powder is grey water and septic safe. Thanks, Bosisto's

Jason
Jason

Can I wash my dog with your sensitive laundry liquid with eucalyptus oil

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Jason Unfortunately we can't recommend that, because we haven't tested this for use on animals. We would hate for your dog to have a reaction to any of the ingredients. You could also ask your vet for advice, we are happy to provide an ingredient list if you email cservice@fgb.com.au.

Bev .c
Bev .c

Hi is Bosisto's laundry liquid sensitive grey water safe as we have a bio cycle for our septic system

Dear Bev,
There is nothing on the label that says that Bosistos is grey water safe. I am not sure if it is grey water safe, so if I was you, I would not use it for a septic system. I would try other brands of septic system safe washing liquid or washing powder, or make my own washing liquid.
Regards,
Anonymous

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Bev I am informed that our laundry powder IS safe for grey water/ septic systems. We don't highlight this on our box because our marketing focus is sensitive skin rather than eco. But this information will be going up on the new version of our website that's currently being created. Many thanks, Bosisto's

Sheila Moor
Sheila Moor

Where can I buy your powder for eczema sufferers? I live in France

Anonymous762

Hi Sheila, It may be sold to France online. Otherwise, you could make your own washing liquid. I have heard that washing soda or white vinegar can work quite well. I tried the white vinegar, but it is not quite at good at cleaning grime out of garments as washing liquid. All the best with your washing.

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Sheila Unfortunately Bosisto's doesn't have distribution in France. Sorry! You could try online, but we're not aware of a retailer that sells there. Kind Regards, Bosisto's

OZCAN
OZCAN

Is this Laundry Powder safe for Septic Systems?

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Ozcan Yes, it's suitable for use in septic systems.

Jenny P.
Jenny P.

I've recently undergone a whole life style change to improve my health. One of the changes is reducing the products with dangerous chemicals. I was wondering what the ingredients are for this laundry detergent? Thanks Jenny

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Jenny We're happy to send you out an ingredients list if you can drop us an email at cservice@fgb.com.au. Many thanks, Bosisto's

MaggieClare
MaggieClare

I really like so much about your washing powder. However, Im looking for alternatives now due to the plastic bag that you package the powder in. Im trying to eliminate single use plastic where ever I can. Ive been successful in the kitchen, and the laundry - with the exception of the ziplock bag inside the box. Would you consider eliminating this bag? A lot of other brands just have the powder in the box, could it be possible that you do the same?

Bosisto's   DM

Hi MaggieClare Thankyou for reaching out and we appreciate the opportunity to explain why we include the plastic bag!
We need to use an inner plastic liner because of the eucalyptus oil in our formula. We use real, 100% natural essential oil which is sensitive to exposure to the air. Without the protective liner it loses its aroma and potency.
We're hoping to move away from the plastic bag but our R&D team have not yet found an alternative material that works and won't price us out of the market in terms of production costs. Rest assured we are still working on it! It's very important to us to strive for sustainability and we've also been signatories of the Australian Packaging Convenant since 2006.
In the meantime you can recycle this bag at soft plastic recycling bins found at most supermarkets.
Hope this explaination helps and let us know if you have any further questions!
Kindest Regards,
Bosisto's.

Lachlan L.
Lachlan L.

Hello - I only buy your product as a second choice when my preferred one isn't available. The sole reasons it's second choice is the plastic spoon and plastic bag that it's packed in. Any chance of not using those in the future?

ladyscottau

Stain removal of acrylic yarn

Where can I buy it in south South Australia

Bosisto's   DM

Hi ladyscottau You can usually find this at most Coles and Woolworths, but often need to look hard as we only have one facing in most stores. If you're still having trouble give us a call and we can try and find a specific store in your area. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours.

ellep
ellep

why no ingredients listed I know you say you don't have to but I feel customers need to know. also is this able to be used as grey water post laundry

thanks

Bosisto's   DM

Hi ellep We're more than happy to email you a list of ingredients, no problem. Contact cservice@fgb.com.au to request. We're currently developing a new website and our full ingredients list for our laundry and cleaning products will be published on that, too.
And yes, the formula is suitable for grey water use.

hellen rogers
hellen rogers

I have lichen scerllosis and contact dementitus from a possible product either bossitos sensitive or aware washing powder , also an allergy to lime stone is there a risk

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Helen Bosisto's Senstive Laundry powder would not cause or exacerbate either condition you mention. It is independently dermatologically tested and proven non irritating to sensitive skin. The product also does not contain lime stone. If you have any other specific questions our R&D team would be happy to answer if you'd like to email or call us? Freecall 1800 655 841 or email cservice@fgb.com.au.

RudolphandHermey

Hi I'm on the hunt looking for a new powder to use to replace my last batch of old stock biozet. Is this product frangrance free? Does it clump at all and leave any small reaidue on clothes

Andrew Hadfield
Andrew Hadfield

Hi Rudolph,
This powder has always just left my clothes with a fresh smell, maybe a faint hint of eucoliptus, but not noticeable.
And no clumping or residue (although this would/could be caused by overloading your medicine).
Def recommend it.

RudolphandHermey

Thankyou I'll definitely give this a go. I tried omo sensitive which had no fragrance but leaves bit of residue.

dottydandy
dottydandy

Hi Rudolph, when dispensing bosisto sensitive laundry powder there is a refreshing smell of eucalyptus but when washing completed a very slight aroma and I mean very slight aroma on items washed. There is definitely no clogging of powder in dispenser and no residue on clothing (which has always been a problem with all other laundry product I have used). I have found that on heavy stain I have had to use a small amount of bosisto laundry powder to help the removal of the stains. I have found bosisto a little expensive when not on special but the benefits for out way the extra cost. AND it is Australian owned!!!!

Bosisto's   DM

Thanks Andrew & dotty! Great info. Rudolph, if you are on Facebook jump on and Like our page "Bosisto's Australia" so you can find out when the specials are. There's another laundry sale on at Woolworths at the end of the month. We also sell bulk 10kg buckets online, if you end up being a big fan!

Jul

Does bostitos sensitive laundry powder contain formaldehyde or any formaldehyde releasers

Happy Chap

Very unlikely. Can't upload pictures here by the look....would have uploaded a picture of the box cover.
It says "Free your home from harmful chemicals with Bostistos range of cleaning products."
"No fillers, zeolites or sodium lauryl sulphate, bleaches, dyes or synthetic fragrance"

Jul

I have a box too but cant find out the ingredients anywhere researched but they just wont say what the ingredients are which bothers me I have allergies to formaldehyde methylisothiazolinone and some essential oils I get very bad dermatitis on hands and arms.eco store lists all ingredients and because of that I cant use there products because they have limonene in them which I am allergic to .

Jul

So why would a product not list ingredients unless there was something harmful in it . Bostitos actually says they dont have to list ingredients someone else on this forum has also asked the question about ingredients and that was the answer they were given WE DO NOT HAVE TO STATE INGREDIENTS .

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Jul No, our laundry powder doesn't contain any formaldehyde or formaldehyde releasers.
Laundry powders and cleaning products in Australia aren't required to list ingredients on the label, that's true. However we're more than happy to give out our MSDS to customers who are interested - just email us at cservice@fgb.com.au. We're introducing new labelling this year that will be much more clear on what's not in our laundry powder, including Palm Oil, SLS, SLES, fillers, fragrances and other typically harmful chemicals.

Freecall 1800 655 841 if you'd like to have a chat!

Jul

Its not what is not in it that I am bothered about its what is in it .

Jul

Noticed you never said it did not contain methylisothiazolinone which I and many others are sensitzed to and it makes for a very miserable life if you are unfortunate enough to be a victim of this nasty toxic preservative.Shame on you if you use this in your sensitive laundry powder

Bosisto's   DM

Hi Jul Sorry to hear you suffer these allergies, it must be terrible and we understand needing to be vigilant.
Did not actually notice your enquiry about methylisothiazolinone as it wasn't in your original question.
No, it does not contain methylisothiazolinone.
The ingredients are Sodium carbonate, Sodium metasilicate, Sodium tripolyphosphate, Citric Acid anhydrous & Eucalyptus Oil. The MSDS gives more detailed ratios if you'd like to email for that to be sent to you.
Hope this helps.

Jeanette M.
Jeanette M.

can bosistos sensitive laundry liquid be purchased in the uk?

Happy Chap

Just looked online. They seem to sell the eucalyptus oil but not the laundry powder. Perhaps buy online and ship to UK?

Get an answer from our members and Bosisto's representatives