Crossray Infrared

23 questions from our users

Mary TB
Mary TBasked
4-Burner

Still getting familiar with our new 4-burner gas Crossray bought online due to pandemic. Already we can state it's the best brand we've ever owned. Just wondering how people line their drip trays. Can't find anything that fits just right, or a foil that is sturdy enough.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Mary, thank you for your comment. Would it be possible if could write a short review on the product.

Also, you can use regular foil or sand to line the drip tray,

Luke J.
Luke J.asked
Infrared

Hi what size are the grill grates?

Hi Luke,
thankyou for your message , the Grill grates to suite the CROSSRAY BBQ is 28cm W by 40cm H
if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me
b.paris@thermofilm.com.au

Brett
Brettasked
2-Burner Trolley

Can these BBQ be connected to Natural Gas?
I read somewhere that as a built in it does have an option as built in on a flat benchtop....
Thanks,

Brett

Alistair Black

Not sure check the Web site

luke j.
luke j.asked
Infrared

Hi is there anywhere I can have a look at the 4 burner in Brisbane?

Alistair Black

Check Bunnings they have some models

Hi Luke,

You can visit Bayside BBQs & Outdoor Centre located in Tingalpa, 4173.

Dave
Daveasked
Infrared

How much smoke do they make? Are they good for apartment balconies

Hi Dave,

These BBQ can be used on Balconies the smoke will emit depending on what is being cooked. We also have an Electric version for balcony locations. I have listed the model number below:

TCE15F

If you require further information, please feel free to email sales@thermofilm.com.au

Dave
Daveasked
2-Burner Trolley

Is this ok for apartment balconies? How much smoke?

Hi Dave,

TCE15F

Noula
Noulaasked
Infrared

How easily can this be converted to natural gas?

Michael H.
Michael H.

I am not sure. they have now brought out an electric version. I dont feel its too hard to convert.

Hi Noula,

You can purchase a national gas conversion kit, a licensed plumber will need to do the conversion for you.

If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact sales@thermofilm.com.au

Chris
Chrisasked
4B Outdoor Kitchen TC4K-04

Hi there, what is the composite bench top like? Is it plasticky or more like a manufactured stone? Thanks.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Chris, the composite top is more like a stone top.

If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Sales@thermofilm.com.au

Robbie V.
Robbie V.asked
4-Burner Built-In

Hello. I'm really impressed with your reviews but am wondering if there are any plans to manufacture a 6 burner built in?
I'm also struggling to find the dimensions of the 4 burner built in.

Thanks in advance
Robbie

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Robbie, our 4 Burner CROSSRAY BBQ has a total cooking are of 5474cm2. This is equivalent to a 6 Burner Traditional BBQ. You can also visit out www.crossray.com.au website and download the in-built manual for more information.

ChrisG
ChrisGasked
4-Burner

We were considering an Ooni or Rockboxx gas pizza oven to complement our existing reliable, but very old 4 burner gas barbecue. Can anyone that cooks pizzas advise the typical time taken on the Crossray to cook a pizza, and how do they compare to wood fired pizzas. Also do you cook pizzas on a metal plate, or a stone on top of the grill plates. Thanks Chris Healesville Vic.

Peter Barton
Peter Barton

Hi Chris. I have the CrossRay 2 burner bbq. I do pizzas on mine . I use a pizza stone.I bought a pizza rack from Bunnings that holds 3 pizza stones, so can do 3 pizzas at a time. It’s best to keep the stones up off the grill plate. I get the bbq to 300c in 10 minutes. Then i put the pizza on the stone and only takes 5 to 6 minutes depending on how thick the base is and how much topping. Pizza are very nice. I still think wood fired pizza are a bit better. But I love cooking on my CrossRay. Especially thick ribeye steaks.

Ozzi S.
Ozzi S.asked

Why doesn’t my knobs have led lights on my crossray 4 burner

Matthew

Because they did not include them in the design, I have never seen them on a barbie. Do you cook in pitch black lol

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Ozzi, thank you for your enquiry.

The 4 Burner CROSSRAY BBQ had 2 designs, the older models had LED lights interrogated into the Knobs. The new models recently released were designed with a full front drip tray. For the design team to design the full front drip tray, we had to delete the LED lights from the BBQ.

Domenic Racoasked
4-Burner Built-In

How do you remove and replace the infrared burners on a cross ray four burner barbeque

Matthew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPoMjdgIl68&ab_channel=GrillTechs this shows you how to replace but not same barbecue, ring the head office on 0395623455

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Domenic, you can remove the burners by unscrewing the middle bracket. After the middle bracket is unscrewed, the burners should be able to be pulled out. If you require further information, please email sales@thermofilm.com.au

Domenic Raco

Thankyou that is very helpful as it will allow me to thoroughly clean it when necessary

Alex
Alexasked
4-Burner

where can I buy a 4 burner Crossway in built near Tweed Heads/Gold coast?

Matthew

You can order it in from Bunnings special order, but they will charge 40 bucks for delivery, look online for a free delivery o0tion.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Alex, you can purchase the CROSSRAY from our website. I have listed the website below for your own reference. www.crossray.com.au

Doug T.asked
2-Burner Trolley

What is the cooking area n the 2 burner v the 4 burner - grill plate area that is? thanks

Scott C.
Scott C.

Doug- not sure of the physical measurements, but we used to use a Webber q or a standard 4 burner- am using the Crossray 2 burner and it will comfortably cook 6 tenderised chicken fillets on the top heating rack- which was just really for keeping food hot with our old 4 burner- leaving the actual grilling area for steak etc; overall we feed a family of 4 with the top rack for chicken and veg; kebabs; grill plate for steak:

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Doug, Thank you for your comment. The 2 Burner will have 2 grill plates and the 4 Burner will have 3 grill plates on the bottom cooking area. I have listed the grill plate dimensions below for your own reference.

Grill plate: 395mm (L) x 280mm (W)

If you have further questions, please feel free to email sales@thermofilm.com.au

Aussie F.asked
4-Burner Built-In

Is there any retailer in western sydney that can cook me a steak on a crossray before I purchase?

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi, you can try the BBQ store in silverwater or tuckers BBQ.

Aussie F.

Do you do product demonstrations from time to time? If so, whereabouts? Also, will you be attending meatstock next year?

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi, usually we use to do cooking demonstrations from time to time but ever since covid-19 pandemic happened. Unfortunately, demonstrations have stopped.

We also wouldn't be attending meatstock next year.

Have you contacted The BBQ Store or Tuckers regarding a demo?

carly
carlyasked
4-Burner Built-In

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a built in BBQ. Does this one have interchangeable hot plates? I only see the grill in all these reviews. The reviews are also all within the last year or so. I am wondering what the SS quality is - 304 or 316? I'd like to know if there have been any issues with rust over time.
Thanks, Carly

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Carly, our CROSSRAY BBQ does have interchangeable hotplates available but the hotplates need to be purchased separately. The grill & hotplates are made from caste iron enamel. Caste iron enamel is the best material to keep in heat. To prolong the life of the caste iron, you will need to place oil on the grill or hotplate when not in use. If you require further information or assistance, please email sales@thermofilm.com.au

Jan B
Jan Basked
4-Burner Built-In

Can Crossray 4 burner built-in run on Natural Gas?

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Jan, The CROSSRAY 4 Burner can certainly be run on Natural Gas. All our units are designed has LPG units, to convert the BBQ to NG you will need to purchase the natural gas conversion kit. If you require further information or assistance, please email Sales@thermofilm.com.au

Helena K.
Helena K.asked
4-Burner Built-In

Hi. How do you clean out the ashes at the bottom of the BBQ? The self cleaning will reduce the all the "stuff" to ash, but over time, I am sure the ashes will build up. How do you clean out the bottom of the BBQ? Is there a tray that can be pulled out to remove the ash?
I am yet to purchase one, but I want to know how easy it is to keep clean.

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Helena, the CROSSRAY BBQ will also have a large pull out tray behind the heater which can be taken out and cleaned.

Weenyasked
4-Burner Built-In

What is it like for slow cooking. e.g. Brisket. What is the temperature if you had one burner going?

HEATSTRIP A.Crossray

Hi Weeny, the best way to cook brisket is to leave 1 burner on low and place the meat on the top cooking rack.

Thank you.

Victoria R.
Victoria R.asked
4-Burner Built-In

We are looking to buy a Crossray BBQ but would like to see one displayed and are wondering who stocks them in Perth, WA. Victoria

Jeff
Jeff

You'll need to put the question to Bunnings, as they are the only outlet selling them apart from purchasing directly from crossray. Don't know why they aren't on display and I had the same question 5 months ago. Ended up just bitting the bullet and getting the 4 burner one after weeks of researching other brands and watching the crossray cooking videos.

The Thompson's
The Thompson's

Victoria we viewed and bought ours at a " Harvey Norman " store. Bunnings don't display them and can only be bought via "Special Order". A'lso, don't hesitate to contact Crossray direct for any questions, as they are a pleasure to deal with and very helpful. p.s. We are still over the moon with our Crossray BBQ.

Get an answer from our members and Crossray representatives

Crossray Infrared