Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

29 questions from our users

Boodhun Ramcharrun
Boodhun Ramcharrunasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Hi i have bought a dyson v8 absolute+ about 1 year ago. The rottory heads stop working at all. I have 3 different heads and all doesn't s not spin at all. Power checked going out from the bare unit about 20.6v but when head connected does not spin. Additionally the vaccuum also sometimes does not operates when the spinning heads are connected, but work when other non spinning heads are connected. All heads and vacuum cleaned and nice inside. Monthly cleaning done. No dusts or head. Any ideas?

KLadasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Our Dyson V8 Absolute plus cuts out after a couple of minutes. I put it on and then straight off the charger and it works again, abeilt less working time. I have to keep doing this and the cleaner works for less and less time until the battery eventually runs out. There are no blockages and the filters are clean. The cleaner does not pulsate or surge while operating, it just cuts out. Has been doing this for a few weeks now. My Dyson is 2 years old.

Sue P.
Sue P.

I am having this exact issue and it is less than a year old. For an $800 vacuum I expected much more. Very frustrating having to walk back to the utility room just to insert the power port for it to do it again and again.

Norma M.
Norma M.asked
V8 Absolute Plus

My V8 is pulsing despite thorough cleaning of the filters and no blockages. I have had it about 2 years. Is it likely the battery needs replacing?

Michael Masked
V8 Absolute Plus

I have a V8 for about 3 years now.

My original battery died and Dyson exchanged it, that was about 2 years ago.

The new battery now displays the following behaviour:

Seems to charge very quickly, however it only runs for a maximum of 3.5 minutes on extra power (and lately if feels it has reduced even further).

Also in some cases it just cuts off power intermittently and works again (feels like it's chocking but I cannot see why).

In some cases, when it stops after 3.5 minutes, and I plug it in power for a couple of minutes it runs again for a about 30 seconds.

Great machine, but the battery has been a problem. Any help?

Michael

Michael M

Actually I just found the receipt. I bought it in September 2016. So it's only 2.5 years old.

Wayne E.
Wayne E.

They were a pleasure to deal with. All you can do is ring. They might replace it.

Kerry
Kerryasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Hello is there much difference between the V8 absolute plus and the V8 animal? I do have a rag doll cat.

MICHELLE
MICHELLEasked
V8 Absolute Plus

I just purchased my v10 but I cannot get any blue light on. It is totally dead and wont charge. Any ideas?

Sang
Sang

The phone number given is incomplete. So much for the help line.

Kam
Kamasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Hi! We have had the dyson v8 for just 2 years, however the battery life has reduced dramatically, why is this happening?

TheHendersons
TheHendersonsasked
V8 Absolute Plus

I bought a V8 Absolute and it won’t even switch on. No blockages and the battery is fully charged. Any ideas?

Karen71
Karen71asked
V8 Absolute Plus

I keep getting electric shocks on the edge of my palm where it charges on the handle. Any ideas?

Trish T
Trish T

Is it while you are using it or when you take it off charge? Shouldnt happen during use as it is only a rechargeable battery.

ozcan
ozcan
Dodgy 30
Dodgy 30asked
V8 Absolute Plus

Hi, I own a V8, it has never really operated well. Cuts in and out and now it won’t charge at all. Dead as a doorpost. Lucky for me I already owned a DC37 which I can use as backup. I’m terribly disappointed as I was hopeful the V8 would be kinder on my back when vacuuming. Does anyone else have the same issue? My V8 is just over a year old. Kim

Micki
Micki
Anna C
Anna Casked
V8 Absolute Plus

my Dyson V8 will not work on high setting when the stick is attached to it. Any help?

Sandie M
Sandie Masked
V8 Absolute Plus

Can I mount my v8 in the garage? I’m worried about the cold winters in Ontario. Also, once it’s charged, should I unplug it or keep it on the charger to extend the battery life?

Janelle H
Janelle H
Eddy
Eddyasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Is it safe to leave the dyson v8 plugged in all the time or should it be un plugged after full charge

JBE
JBE

Ours is permantly plugged in and attached, never had any issues

neil
neilasked
V8 Absolute Plus

The charger plug will not go all the way into the charging socket on the unit. Any ideas?

queenpat1
queenpat1

Just ring Dyson. Their customer service is brilliant and they are sure to help you

RongHua H
RongHua Hasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Hi. I have a dyson V8. It is on throughout . I can't stop it. Anything wrong with the on button? How do i stop it. Thank you.

Florence
Florence
wikiradasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Got my new dyson v8 absolute plus yesterday. With no attachments connected and the power switch not pressed, If I flip the motor-head upside down or move it around, there is a strange rattling sound inside as if some screw has come loose and moving around. Is this normal? I could not isolate where exactly inside the sound is from. Removed and reinserted the HEPA filter and also opened and closed the bin, but the sound is still there when I flip the unit.

Sam
Samasked
V8 Absolute Plus

Is there a way to extend the battery life of the absolute plus? The battery always drains before I finish my work and I then have to wait for another 5 hours until I can finish vacuuming my apartment, which is realistically the following day or the day after due to my busy life.

Is it possible to purchase a second battery and swap them when the first one drains? or perhaps, is there a way to use the absolute plus while plugged in to the electric power?

Sen0rphil
Sen0rphil

Are you using it on Max power mode? Try the lower setting which is plenty for most uses. That should give you a round half an hour of use

Jackie M
Jackie Masked
V8 Absolute Plus

Hi purchased the v8 only had it 2 weeks and it isn’t charging , what could the problem be?

Brendan
Brendan

If its 2 weeks old take it back. It will be under waranty.

Margoasked
V8 Absolute Plus

I have the V8 Dyson. I contacted you and discussed the fact my vacuum when plugged in comes on with two blue lights and after about fifteen seconds all lights go out and it doesn’t work.
I’ve just replaced the battery via Dyson and under warranty and it’s still doing the same thing and is not working. As this is my ownly vacuum cleaner it is causing me some angst. Help please as I love this cleaner!

Mira

I am impressed that Dyson is taking the complaints seriously. They are a good company and I am sure they will deal with the issue.
Regards,

Margo

They have Mira and brilliantly, so happy with their excellent Customer Service.

liS
liSasked
V8 Absolute Plus

I am getting an electrical shock from the handle. I do not want to worry about this everytime i go to vacuum how is Dyson accommodating people for this design flaw?

Shanice

Return for a replacement! That should never happen with any appliance. I'ts not a design flaw as its not affecting all dysons.

Mike
Mike
Shanice

Im only incorrect if they are confusing electric shock with static. Haha.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

Other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

See all Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2019, 2018 and 2017. Learn more

Other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners