EvaKool Ridge Ryder DC42

EvaKool Ridge Ryder DC42 Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

Jared P.

Jared P.asked

Hi guys, I have had this fridge for a while now and it has served me very well on camping trips but now it's stopped working. All the lights are on but the fridge doesn't get cold at all. Anybody else had this problem and know of a solution? Seems such a waste to just scrap it.

Hi Jared
Ive owned one for a number of years
Just before the warranty ended I had that problem
I sent it back
They said it just needed a flush and a clean
But count the flashes if the indicator light is blinking it should be a fault code if you google it
If they are on the deck they suck in a lot of crap that block the cooling fins
Hope it helps

Shane

Shaneasked

Have a DC146 L upright fridge/Freezer was working fine but now only freezer works.

Ryan D.

Ryan D.asked

Does anybody know the refrigeration charge in a 42ltr fridge

EvaKool
Evakool I.EvaKool

Hi Ryan, the charge is 50gms. Kind regards, Tracey- EvaKool Warranty Manager

Daveasked

Hi about to do away with cigarette plug on 12v fridge cord and replace with a Anderson plug as there was a fuse in the plug should I be putting a inline fuse in and what size fuse

Hi mate
Yes wire it from the battery with a fuse and your Anderson plug
Check the cable length and the amps draw for cable size and you won't have problems. Voltage drop sites on the web
So many of these problems come from lose plugs and long runs of thin wire that won't handle the loads
Cheers
I should add put a heavy fuse to suit the wire you are using on the battery end and another rated for the fridge on the other
Mine have 10a for the fridge

Thanks Andy

Ryan H

Ryan Hasked

Hi one of the walls seems to have stopped cooling. Any ideas?

Mat

I think you’ll find only one side has elements which frost up at the top section and u hadn’t noticed before is all that is. Being summer you’ll have to adjust the temp to around-4 / -6 but test it ain’t freezing stuff in the rack over a 24hr period and adjust to suit. Good luck

Robyn S

Robyn Sasked

We have just bought a 22 litre. When I adjust the temperature the blue bars don't change. Are they supposed to? It is difficult to tell the temperature. Any advice would be great. thanks.

Boydasked

My DC42 won't work on the 12 volt side of things. Works well through a 300 watt inverter . Is there a part that I can replace to rectify this?

Fuse in 12v plug lead may be blown

Boyd

s for a reply , The cigarette lighter plug on the original plug lead has from the start been replaced with anderson plugs,simply ciggi plugs don't do the job. The 12v side of electrics has checked out "dead". Is there a module or replacement board that can rectify situation.

davew

I would be getting in touch with Evakool Boyd. I think they still have a tech support number. Cheers - Dave

Skinny

Skinnyasked

Where do I find warranties for this item?

Mat

Ask where purchased or visit Evakool.com

Hope this helps! Mine still does it’s thing! Good luck!

Try Supercheap Auto.

Get an answer from our members and EvaKool representatives