Hayward TigerShark

4 questions from our users

Danny

Dannyasked

TigerShark

The bottom cover keeps coming loose and all the debris it picked up falls to the bottom of the pool. Very poor design. Do you have any ideas to eliminate this problem ? Maybe something to wedge under the clip

Miranda Marron

Miranda Marronasked

TigerShark QC

my Tigershark (TS)seem to struggle to climb my step/ledge that runs the length of my pool and into a shallow area that is still deep enough to cover the tiger shark with water. The TS is completely cleaned out so not too heavy to climb and has had this issue since we purchased last December. Is there a way to fix this?

Jurek
Jurek

Well, I have to ask, did you check back with the pool shop that you bought it from?
In the meantime, there are a couple of ways of adjusting the water flow through the machine.
Both described in the manual.
The 1st is the restrictor plate on top of the machine. If the machine does not climb, removing it may help.
Next we have the "high velocity inlet". having this in place increases the velocity across the gap, so the suction is greater, but the volume of water is decreased.
So hard to predict if this will help. No harm in trying with it installed or not.
I have found that running the machine for 4 hours gives best results (rather than 2 lots of 2 hours).

Rasheed

Rasheedasked

TigerShark

Should the tiger shark be left in the pool after it has finished cleaning and the filter has been cleaned? Thanks.

Andrew
Andrew

No... it is best to keep it out of the pool and out of the sun, and whilst I don't do this every time myself, it is a good idea hose it out after use. Sun and Pool chemicals will affect the life of the machine -- it is plastic after all.
The arm on my machine did break off recently -- lucky it was still under warranty so they replaced it.
The other reason not to leave the machine too long in the pool is because you will be leaving the leaves which has collected under water also... this will cause phosphorous build up.
My machine is still keeping the pool very clean though -- so still happy with it.

gfzw
gfzw

Totally agree with everything Andrew said. Mine is 3y old and never had an issue. The reason to keep the caught leafs out of the water column extends to skimmer box and filter too. The smell often attributed to clorin, is really the smell of cloramin, i.e. the result of clorins action on the amino acids in leafs, rather clorin itself.

Frances Chauvet

Frances Chauvetasked

TigerShark

How much do they cost and where can I purchase one?

Georgia McCarthy
Georgia McCarthy

Hi Frances, Check out their website: http://www.hayward-pool.com.au/prd/Cleaners-Robotic-TigerShark-QC_12202_12051_1026899_-1_40508_401385_C.htm

JennyRules
JennyRules

Hi Frances, have seen them here: http://idealshop.com.au/p/hayward_tiger_shark_qc_robotic_pool_cleaner