5Honda CBR500R

Honda CBR500R Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Honda Motorcycles? Claim your listing.
Darren P.
Darren P.

What’s the difference between cbr500r my15 and my16? It came up while getting quote for insurance thanks?

Reggie U.

Hey guys I have a cbr 500 r 2015. When it'd colder it seems to run fine. But when it get warm and I'm in 5-7 rpm it's surging really bad. I have tried cleaning the filter but not alone off deference. Any thought????

D15

Yep not normal. I am not a mechanic but it needs checking out by one. I imagine Honda would be familiar with this problem on this model .

Reggie U.

Yea I kinda want to try and get it sorted my self with some help. It just doesn't make sense it runs fine than will start surging and won't go past 100 -140

D15

Checked the forums and there was 4 x things it could be. It worked out for most guys that the chain and sprockets needed replacing. Under $350 job.

Reggie U.

Not sure if a chain or sprocket would make the engine surge ?

David H

I've been riding for 35 years, have had some serious sports bikes, I'm thinking of dialling it back a bit, would I be happy with a cbr500r or would it get boring.

D15

If you want excitement stay with what you have, if you want a bike with exceptional fuel consumption, very little servicing maintenance required and will beat every cars still at the light as you creep to the head of the line, then cbr500r might be for you.
I think you still need to work out what you are really looking for in a bike at this season in your life.cheers

David H

Thanks for that, my favourite bike got taken out while riding years ago, if that hadn't happened I'd probably still be riding it, nothing has come close since. O well

cam b.
cam b.

is it 4 stroke?

Lance
Lance

Kloe M
Kloe M

I am just looking at getting insurance for my 2016 CBR500RA and when finding my bike on most insurance sites it will have the option of the bike as MY15 or MY16 and I am just wondering how I find out which one my bike is? Even though mine is the 2016 model I have read they may still have a "Model Year" that is different.

Travis
Travis

I have a 2015 Honda CBR500R I am thinking of taking my slip on exhaust off (just for sound,THE LOUDER YOU ARE THE SAFER) and putting on a K&N air filter. Will me doing that burn my exhaust valves?

Yazz
Yazz

No it will not affect it at all.

Brad
Brad

Hi mate, no it wont affect the valves, only might frustrate your neighbors. I would recommend replacing the stock exhaust with a slip on, they are relatively cheap off ebay and will make the bike sound a lot better (much better then without any muffler). Cheers

Jeremy C
Jeremy C

I am 5'8'' and 132 lbs, is this bike right for me? Would it be too heavy?

johnsonb21
johnsonb21

I suggest you go for a test ride. As soon as I got on my bike I knew it was for me...

enve
enve

No..i am 5`4" and weigh 67 kg and i love it

GGeorge
GGeorge

what is the mandatory service interval for cbr500r and approximate service cost?

Mammoth
Mammoth

6000 for a minor and 16000 for a major service. Major can be between 400 to 800.

Nikov Joshi
Nikov Joshi

How much does this cost if you are looking to buy a brand new one?

Mambott
Mambott

Your can get a 2015 CBR 500r ABS for $7000 or under because they are making way for the new Version 2016 model ,,the ,2015 rrp was $9280 ,,the 2016 CBR 500r has adjustable front suspension and LED Driving Lights ,,,I prefere the 2015 looks but the 2016 mods that you can actually do to the 2015 model : )

Peterh
Peterh

I want to buy a magnetic sump plug for my honda cbr500 r 2014 model what is the exact size? Some is saying 12mmx 1.25 or 14mm x1.25?

brian
brian

Not sure maybe you can ask Honda Australia spare parts devision

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Honda Motorcycles? Claim your listing.
ProductReview.com.au award logo

Honda CBR500R is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023.