Honda CR-V

64 questions from our users

David M.

David M.asked

CR-V

I've just sold my 2016 CR-V VTi Limited edition 2.4l which I loved, so I'm now in the market for a new vehicle.
I'm considering the 2020 CR-V VTi X MY21 with the 1.5 turbo but I'm reading lots of reviews about engine problems , vibrations, oil dilution.
Honda dealer said the issue is only in USA but it is the same engine.
Has anyone had any issues with this vehicle.

Honda HelpersHonda

Hi David, Thanks for your post on your Honda 2016 CR-V, we are pleased to hear on how much you loved your vehicle. In reference to the oil dilution concern, we would like to offer the following advice;

We have received advice from Honda Motor Japan that last year Honda China issued a local recall action for the CR-V Turbo model manufactured in China. The recall addresses an issue that develops when the vehicle is driven for short distances in very cold environments (such as minus -20c) and the engine does not have time to sufficiently warm up. Under these conditions, the result is that fuel can enter the engine and mix with the engine oil. Please be assured Honda Australia has not received any reports of this condition in this country and in particular, we do not experience such extreme climate conditions in this country. If you have an opportunity, perhaps look at some of the positive reviews that our customers have posted on their CR-V purchase. We hope to have you return to the family.
Thanks Kiara

Milord

Milordasked

CR-V

We have the current generation Honda CRV, topping range with a panoramic roof but only with Apple Car-play, so no Android-auto.

The issue I have is that every day, hot or cold, no matter what time of day; the car's brakes squeal? Has any one experienced this with theirs?

We have complained about this to Honda and they say after each and every service, they have not found this problem. I have also noticed some strange noises with the steering column.

Thanks in advance.

Sandra E
Sandra E

No I have never had this issue and also connects to either android or apple.good luck squeaking noises are very irritating

Jashi T.

Jashi T.asked

CR-V

Has anyone have their fuel tank leaked mine is leaking under the car talked to dealer getting towed on Monday.

Guruasked

CR-V

Is the oil dilution issue in new CR-V VTI-L7 fixed? I really love this car and seriously considering to buy one when it’s launched in Australia.

AMQ

What you are describing is more of a market related and i heard about it when it was first launched in the US market l, looks the same yet completely different sources and calibrations and I think that issue is fixed already even there but not sure, in the Australian market that issue does not exist and it is the car is built differently, my car has done close to 45k and never had an issue

Honda HelpersHonda

Guru, Please allow us to answer this question for you - We have received advice from Honda Motor Japan that last year Honda China issued a local recall action for the CR-V Turbo model manufactured in China.

Guru

Thanks for clarifying this issue. Can you please confirm the price for Honda CR-V VTI-L7 that will be launched in October?

Joshua F.

Joshua F.asked

CR-V

what is the total distance on a tank of petrol have you gotten in a 2019 or 2020?

Honda HelpersHonda

Hey Joshua, Great Question! This will all be dependent of the style of driving you conduct in the vehicle, i.e highway driving versus stop start traffic. However overall the CR-V model is extremely fuel efficient. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out to a dealer or our customer service team on 1800 804 954. Thanks Kiara

Marcus S.

Marcus S.asked

CR-V

Please help! I have owned 2 Honda CRVs. One was 2004 I have the 2014. Both have the shudder that Honda have claimed they know about. Does this mean they are doing something about it. Was so disappointed when the shudder started on this one... couldn’t believe that it would happen again. I just think it’s not fair that they know about this problem and are still selling them.

Marty C.
Marty C.

Hey mate. I was a mech at a dealership. There was a common fault with shudder in diff. I cant remember exact models but there was a tech line out for it. Pretty much we would replace diff oil. Then sit in car on hoist raised off ground. Run run car forward for 10 mins at like 3000rpm. Then run in reveres for same. Then forward and back again. Then change replace fluid again.

Ajit S.

Ajit S.asked

CR-V RD1 (1997-2001)

Is honda crv 1996 model water pump running wit timing belt?

Sueasked

CR-V RM (2012-2016)

On occasions my remote control won’t work & have been unable to lock my car. On returning to the vehicle sometimes only 15 minutes later find the accessories, interior & side lights all on. The auto electrician & Honda dealership can’t find anything wrong.

Many
Many

Wow sounds like a nuisance problem, the best people that have direct access to Honda are the car dealers, specially the one where you get your car serviced.
I have contacted Honda direct and they keep palming me off to the dealers.
So keep hassling them and ask them for solutions, maybe to reprogram or replace your remote control.
Good luck!

Sue

Many thanks will follow it up

Thomas C.

Thomas C.asked

CR-V RE (2007-2011)

why my Honda SRV 2008 aircon working in the beginning and later the cooling cut off, only the fan working??

Marc
Marc

Ye mine is too. The air condition working fine when weather is cool but not in summer lol. Changed air con fan but does not work properly. And weird noise from power handle. Well it is old now.. thinking get a new car

toffey

toffeyasked

CR-V RD7 (2002-2006)

Accelerator cable is broken how to find out

shukrullah

shukrullahasked

2014 Honda Cr-V DTi-L 4WD MY14

I would love to know any Feedback about this diesel Honda CR-V?
It is UK built and runs with Diesel. In Australia is this easy to order a part if needed. will it take soon to have it.

Peter W.
Peter W.

I can't comment on the diesel, as I have a petrol.

Rizki P.

Rizki P.asked

CR-V RM (2012-2016)

Hi. I'm curious about Honda CR-V DTi-L Limited Edition 4wd Auto with 1.6 turbodiesel & ZF 9 Speed auto. Has anyone reviewed it? I heard the 9 speed auto itself has bad reliability. I haven't heard anything much about the known problem specifically for that version.

Nigel P.

Nigel P.asked

CR-V RD7 (2002-2006)

My CR-V RD7 shakes badly between 20km/h - 40km/h. When I accelerate to about 80km/h, the shaking goes off. What may be the possible cause?

Gulzyee
Gulzyee

Broken engine mounts? If you put the car in neutral and rev the engine do you feel the shaking? If yes, engine mounts may be the likely cause. If not then it could be front drive shafts.

Asha L.

Asha L.asked

CR-V RM (2012-2016)

Does anyone facing AC problems in 2016 CRV...we are facing cooling issue along with bad smell from the AC slots.... is anyone aware of this??

M.W.C.

M.W.C.asked

CR-V RM (2012-2016)

Why does my 2015 CRV continue to fail to start even after new battery replacement and continued dealership service assessment that the vehicle is ok but I am the one that keeps getting stuck with a car that fails to start. The vehicle cannot be relied on.

alan

alanasked

RW VTi-LX (2017-2020)

i am puchasing 2019 lx awd and are concerned about oil dilution problems.has anyone had any problems.

AMQ

This issue was in the American made CRVs and I think it has been fixed by a software update, it is a different make all together, engine same size but different make, and different calibration, the Thai made is trouble free, I think some where recalled to replace the fuel pump and that is it

Hi Alan,
For your information, Last year Honda China issued a local recall action for the CR-V Turbo model, to address an issue that develops when the vehicle is driven for short distances in very cold environments (such as minus -20c) and the engine does not have time to sufficiently warm up. Under these conditions, the result is that fuel can enter the engine and mix with the engine oil. Please be assured Honda Australia has not received any reports of this condition in this country and in particular, we do not experience such extreme climate conditions. We hope this has assisted in your decision making process, Good Luck! Thanks Kiara

murray d.

murray d.asked

CR-V RM (2012-2016)

the top half of the drivers seat has bent back and can't get it to straighten up

Paul

Paulasked

CR-V RD7 (2002-2006)

Fluctuating tacho needle at 3000rpm and loss of power when going up hill at only 60kmh

John k

John kasked

RW VTi-S (2017-2020)

Are there any steering problems reported

Jess1987asked

CR-V

i have a 2018 honda CRV 1.5litre. the car has an oil leak and in the oil compartment in the car the oil is low but it smells of fuel. anyone has this issue? the car has only done 10,000km and is 6 months old....

Austine00
Austine00

Hi Jess,
Although my CRV is barely a week old, I suggest you take it back to your dealership and see if they’re able to help.

Your car is still very new to develop such an issue as oil leakage. Please let me know how you go.

All the best

Jess1987

thanks for your response. its currently at the dealership getting repaired. they tell me the torque seal gasket is damaged/ broken and is causing the leak but they brushed off the reasoning why the oil compartment in the car smells of fuel. i am reading though this seems to be a common problem overseas that apparently has no fix...

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs