Honda UMK425 Loop Handle

MPNs: UMK425LNU, UMK425ULSTUT and UMK425ULTUT

4 questions from our users

JMCasked

UMK425 Loop Handle

UMK425E. Engine will not stop after running for about 30 minutes. It is very difficult to stop. Have had this from new for quite a number of years and this is the first time I've had this issue. Is the engine stop switch at fault?

X M.
X M.

Sounds like your stop switch has faulty connection. Remove the red button and look underneath to check for debris. Mine stops the second it is pushed.
You could try turn the choke on and pump primer to flood the engine to stop it if desperate, but this is not recommended.

JMC

Thank for that. I took the switch out but could not take it apart so I sprayed it liberally with electrical contact cleaner, reassembled and it now works perfectly. It is a very good product in general if you keep up the maintenance routines.
Cheers

Lois

Loisasked

UMK425 Loop Handle

Seems I have a fuel leak somewhere - not the bulb as that’s been replaced. Anyone have any ideas where I should look?

Ben
Ben

Could be a split in the tank, or the fuel line. Does it leak when the tanks half full? On an angle, and if so which angle? Does the fuel stream out or simply drip? If so from which component does it run from? Is it a heavy smell of fuel or just a damp patch that collects dust? You mentioned the bulb being replaced, is it an old or heavily used machine, and has someone overhauled it and not fitted a fuel component properly? From working on older cars, I used to trace fuel leaks back from the fuel tank until I found the source, perhaps try that troubleshooting approach. Too many ifs at this stage to point the finger at one definite thing.

Jen R

Jen Rasked

UMK425 Loop Handle

Hey, can anyone advise the best width of trimmer cable for the UMK425? I just use it home but I have a big yard with a lot of concrete edges. Thanks.

AndysFarm

Use the orange line. 2.4mm. Cuting against rock or concrete will need more frequent bumps to spool line out as it will wear more quickly

Vovey

Voveyasked

UMK425 Loop Handle

What are the differences between a made in Japan model and one made in Thailand ? What does a Honda store supply?

AndysFarm

Sorry I cant answer this. Best to ensure you purchase from an authorized Honda dealer. Maybe they would know