Kia Sportage

Kia Sportage Questions & Answers

KM, QL, SL, NB
Brand Manager for Kia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

120 questions from our users

Ian asked
DOUG H.

I would think that depends very much on the service history and how well it was cared for and even the roads it spent its life on . Also how many ks a year you do is a factor to consider Its a good idea to get a good mechanic and a panelbeater to drive it and run his eye over it if you have no real experience with cars . There are a lot of suv's out there i would not go near but this is my second kia sportage and my 3rd will be a kia and perhaps the sorrento good luck

Aileenasked
Sportage QL GT-Line (2017-2021)

Just purchased a 2021 Kia Sportage have just been told someone had an experience with catching fire parke in a garage ? Is this a cooking thing to worry about happening

DOUG H.

For a start it does not apply to diesels only petrol models (and a quick call to your kia dealer providing the rego or the vin no will find out if you have to put it in for a no cost recall which i believe takes a 1/2 hour. I am fairly sure of the tens of thousands in aust none have had a problem but it is good Kia is pro active and on the job

Aileen

good to know thank you gives me reassurance

Winston B.
Winston B.asked
Sportage

What is the average miles/gallon?

John C.asked
Sportage QL (2015-2021)

I have a 2016 Si Diesel 6 speed transmission 30k kms. Does anyone have issues with xmission slipping between gear changers? Only happins occasionally. I will ask if there is a software update nxt service.

John de
John deasked
Paul38
Paul38

I have a GT line diesel and except minimal clatter at idle no noise at all! Awesomely swift and silent!

Kazzie
Kazzieasked
Sportage

Has anyone had a problem with their 2012 Diesel Kia Sportage Platinum, with the Panaromic Sunroof leaking? I only noticed just recently that there was a little water mark on the roof just above the back left hand passenger seat. Would love to hear if anyone has had issues if any?

Jason N.
Jason N.asked
Sportage QL (2015-2021)

How do I turn off the audible speed camera warning?
Are the headlights adjustable, I’m constantly getting high beamed by on coming traffic because they think I’m on high beam?

Engima2
Engima2

Sorry Jason, I don't have these items fitted to my model....

Kylie
Kylieasked
Sportage SL (2010-2015)

I have a 2014 sportage which was regularly serviced. No oil or water leaks.
Whilst driving I heard a knocking noise coming from the engine. I stopped and called NRMA roadside service. It was found that the engine had seized. I had no prior warning of any problem. What can I do?

Juan PY
Juan PY

Hi Kylie,

My brother had the same problem. 2014 SL Sportage with 86,000 km (53,400 miles) seized at 90km/h. I will have the engine opened up and a proper diagnose carried out with experts. The local Kia vendor was not much help. Not interested in knowing what really happened, apparently. They just blame the oil pump; early failure they say. I think the SAE viscosity of the engine lube oil chosen by the vendor for our climate (sub-tropical, Paraguay) is not right. I will get to the bottom of this.

Coldrew
Coldrewasked

Is it possible to have Navigation assist installed in a 2019 Si Sportage

Shah S.
Shah S.asked
Sportage

Hello All, I am going to buy an used Kia Sportage 2016 GT Line, odometer 130+K. During inspection I have noticed a knocking sound from front right side, I could even feel the knock it while driving at low speed. With high speed the sound is not noticeable. Is this repairable? will Kia warranty cover this? Do you suggest buying this car? Has anyone experienced this, could you share your experience. Thanks

Linda R.asked
Sportage

We have a 2019 Sportage 2 litre petrol and have just bought a 13 ft caravan tow weight around 1350 kg . Does anyone have trouble towing with the Sportage . I’m worried it won’t have enough torque for hills

macko

Yeah have to agree i say it will struggle in hilly country.

Oh dear

Clemo

You really need the diesel for towing anything but a trailer.

Sharniqua O.asked
Sportage SL Platinum (2010-2015)

I’m thinking of buying my first car, the 2012 Kia Sportage platinum auto 4x4. I would like to know if it’s reliable when travelling on dirt road? The km is 182835 and what should I be concern about buying and travelling?

macko

Just check that the vehicle has been serviced on time. Reliability is one of there good points Travelling on dirt is no problem for them Find a tyre that is more suited to dirt roads.

Hi Macko,
Thank you so much, it’s very helpful. Cheers

rb8asked
Sportage QL GT-Line (2017-2021)

Hi. I see the gt line has almost every feature, but does it have a speed limiter? Also is the digital speedo a decent size.

Alan
Alan

Mine has neither...I have a SLi, just a
regular Speedo.. not aware of àny "speed limiter"

Clemo

The speed limiter is atatched to your right foot. The digital speedo is accessed thru the menu and will stay on; good size.

rb8

Sometimes the foot is not properly attached to the brain. The speed limiter in my car has saved plenty on speeding fines. A very handy feature if you want to use it.

Bob E.
Bob E.asked
Sportage SL (2010-2015)

Hi thinking of buying a 2009 4 wheel drive deisel 2 litre sportage 90000 miles what are your thoughts please?

I loved the diesel engine. Just stay away from AWD

Anuj
Anujasked
Sportage QL (2015-2021)

Hi,I do have 2019 Kia Sportage si Ql..Which petrol should I inject in it 95 or 98??

John C.

It's set to run on 91 so premium fuel won't make much difference. But it will to your pocket.

Neel
Neelasked
Sportage

My KIA Sportage GT Line 2016 has experienced failure of the electronic parking brake switch 4 times. Luckily the 7 year warranty has covered the replacemrnt cost, since I purchased the car in April 2016.
I am wondering if this is an inherent design/manufacturing fault.
If so can the manufacturer rectify this problem?

Bridgd

Neel - I have found the 7 year warranty not worth the paper it is written on. When I got my brand new Kia the wipers were perished and I had to fight to get them replaced! I am not happy at all. I think there are some inherent faults but Kia won't fix them. I looked into my consumer rights to have the car taken back - it was way too hard as Kia will not work with you. Tell you one story before you sign for the purchase, but a different one after! I made the decision to sell my Kia - yes lost money on it but ultimately you can't put a price on your life. I will never step foot into a Kia vehicle again!!

victor manuel v.
victor manuel v.asked
Sportage SL Si (2010-2015)

Does the Kia sportage FWD SI 2010 has a timing belt or timing chain?

Chain.

Michael
Michaelasked
Sportage QL (2015-2021)

Hi how do I knock of my tyer ligh in my kiasportage it a 2015?

Red Griffin
Red Griffin

Assuming you have had tyre puncture?
If you have a button on the dash you hold it for 10 seconds to reset. As On my Cerato.
If there is no button you can’t reset until the tyre is repaired. Once repaired it will reset automatically. As on my Seltos.

Adrian
Adrian

T j snkuou

Lindsey T.
Lindsey T.asked
Sportage

When I turn a corner the car make a low beeping! It only happens when I turn left and sounds like the passenger wheel! I have put air in my tyres but still beeps on corners. Any help?

Hank K.
Hank K.asked
Sportage QL GT-Line AWD, 2.4L Petrol, Automatic (2017-2021)

how do i keep the radio and bluetooth (Phone) to stay on longer after you stop the engine

Clemo

Push the start button without touching the foot brake.

Kia Sportage