4Kia Sportage

Kia Sportage Questions & Answers

Michelle J. · Sportage

Hi I have the new Kia Sportage Gt line, it is almost unsafe how the car engages your break when it senses another car behind it when reversing. How do I turn this off?

AdrianK
AdrianK

I've had the Sportage for over a year and haven't had the problem you mention. Or at least I haven't regarded it as a problem. I just get the normal audible warnings escalating until I break. It did stop me reversing into my recycling bin once by breaking for me. Maybe yours is cutting in too soon - might be worth having Kia check it out. I'm not aware of a way to turn it of and I wouldn't want to anyway.

Michelle J.

Thank u, its due for a service so I will mention it then

Josephine T.
Josephine T. · Sportage

Im looking for a 2020 Kia Sportage pls ?

Gaz
Gaz · Sportage NQ5 AWD 2.0L Turbo Diesel GT-Line (2021-2024)

Is the diesel GT suitable for low km driving. Are there any issues with the filters .

Robert

How low are you talking. With diesel you need to have a nice drive say around 15 mins minimum highway speed fortnightly to burn the DPF. If you are in constant stop start traffic and do less than 15k a year I suggest a petrol if buying new due to cost difference. But diesel are nicer to drive hence why I like them and buy diesels.

Hans S.
Hans S. · Sportage QL (2015-2021)

Does this model include forward collision - avoidance assist?

The GT Line does at low speeds

Anthony B. · Sportage

I have a 2015 kia sportage diesel. I have 2 issues with it and both related to the audio system. I have asked kia deaIership to update the sat nav as changes to roads are not updated when using it, they said there is no updates?, the other is the the sound when taking a phone call is very low. The highest volume setting is too low, and most times I can't hear clearly due to engine and road noise. I have to pull up to hear clearly. Are there any fixes for these issues?.

Robert

Have you checked that the volume on your phone is at max when connected to Bluetooth? Sometimes this may help. If not maybe buy hearing aids :)

Anthony B.

Volume on my phone is set maximum, no I don’t need hearing aids.

David A.
David A. · Sportage QL GT-Line (2017-2021)

Is there any major differences between the Sportage GT-Line model built MY2018 and the MY2021 model?

Lilian V. · Sportage

Hello has anyone had the problem am having with my Kia Sportage 2017 ,I updated my Navi and it blocked now not even the radio works can I do something can anyone help please?

Damien
Damien

It should be still under warranty. Bring it back to kia, they should sort it with no charge

george infanti
george infanti

Try taking out the card and reinstall it.

AAA
AAA

Sell it as they are lemons

Tried taking it out but no success, no guarantee so they asked 5,ooo to fix it

Rambo
Rambo · Sportage NQ5 AWD 2.0L Turbo Diesel (2021-2024)

I've had the SX for 3 weeks and so far love it. Sold the 2015 Sli AWD diesel to buy it. Still getting used to the new technology but there is one somewhat annoying feature. The keeping in the lane feature (as far as I can tell) can't be turned off. Well it can be but next time you start up it defaults back to the assist setting where the steering is taken over. I know this is a good safety feature but I want to decide when I want it and when I don't. Yes I can change the settings every time I get in the car on the screen or on the steering wheel but I dont want to do that forever.

Esmond  Lucas
Esmond Lucas

Hi Rambo,
I own a Sportage and do not have this feature in it, sorry and hope someone can help you.

kevbigy
kevbigy · Sportage QL (2015-2021)

The NQ 2022 sportage gt line is fitted with ISLA (intelligent speed limit assist) I have watched a Kia released video say this system has both visual and audible warning to let the driver know when he is over the posted speed limit. I have set the system exactly as indicated in the video however the audible warning does not work. No settings are grayed out onthe set up screen. I suspect that there is a computer glitch in the system. Any thoughts on this. It is not comprehensible that this feature is not available on a top of the range Kia when this feature has been fitted to kia and Hyundai vehicles for years

Trout1
Trout1 · Sportage QL (2015-2021)

How do I get speed warnings on my 19 plate Sportage?

Ian
Ian  · Sportage QL Platinum AWD, 2.0L Diesel, Automatic (2015-2016)

Is 196000 kms to many

DOUG H.

I would think that depends very much on the service history and how well it was cared for and even the roads it spent its life on . Also how many ks a year you do is a factor to consider Its a good idea to get a good mechanic and a panelbeater to drive it and run his eye over it if you have no real experience with cars . There are a lot of suv's out there i would not go near but this is my second kia sportage and my 3rd will be a kia and perhaps the sorrento good luck

Aileen
Aileen · Sportage QL GT-Line (2017-2021)

Just purchased a 2021 Kia Sportage have just been told someone had an experience with catching fire parke in a garage ? Is this a cooking thing to worry about happening

DOUG H.

For a start it does not apply to diesels only petrol models (and a quick call to your kia dealer providing the rego or the vin no will find out if you have to put it in for a no cost recall which i believe takes a 1/2 hour. I am fairly sure of the tens of thousands in aust none have had a problem but it is good Kia is pro active and on the job

Aileen

good to know thank you gives me reassurance

Winston B.
Winston B. · Sportage

What is the average miles/gallon?

John C.
John C. · Sportage QL (2015-2021)

I have a 2016 Si Diesel 6 speed transmission 30k kms. Does anyone have issues with xmission slipping between gear changers? Only happins occasionally. I will ask if there is a software update nxt service.

John de
John de · Sportage QL GT-Line AWD, 2.4L Petrol, Automatic (2017-2021)

What is the interior cabin noise rating

Paul38
Paul38

I have a GT line diesel and except minimal clatter at idle no noise at all! Awesomely swift and silent!

Kazzie
Kazzie · Sportage

Has anyone had a problem with their 2012 Diesel Kia Sportage Platinum, with the Panaromic Sunroof leaking? I only noticed just recently that there was a little water mark on the roof just above the back left hand passenger seat. Would love to hear if anyone has had issues if any?

Jason N.
Jason N. · Sportage QL (2015-2021)

How do I turn off the audible speed camera warning?
Are the headlights adjustable, I’m constantly getting high beamed by on coming traffic because they think I’m on high beam?

Engima2
Engima2

Sorry Jason, I don't have these items fitted to my model....

Coldrew
Coldrew · Sportage QL (2015-2021)

Is it possible to have Navigation assist installed in a 2019 Si Sportage

Shah S.
Shah S. · Sportage

Hello All, I am going to buy an used Kia Sportage 2016 GT Line, odometer 130+K. During inspection I have noticed a knocking sound from front right side, I could even feel the knock it while driving at low speed. With high speed the sound is not noticeable. Is this repairable? will Kia warranty cover this? Do you suggest buying this car? Has anyone experienced this, could you share your experience. Thanks

Linda R. · Sportage

We have a 2019 Sportage 2 litre petrol and have just bought a 13 ft caravan tow weight around 1350 kg . Does anyone have trouble towing with the Sportage . I’m worried it won’t have enough torque for hills

macko
macko

Yeah have to agree i say it will struggle in hilly country.

Oh dear

Clemo
Clemo

You really need the diesel for towing anything but a trailer.

Get an answer from our members and Kia representatives

Select a listing for your question
Kia Sportage