Kia Sportage

Kia Sportage Questions & Answers

QL (2015-2019), SL (2010-2015), KM (2005-2010) and NB (1996-2004)

92 questions from our users

Rubes

Rubesasked

Sportage

Is Kia looking at the numerous complaints and designing another passenger seat that is able to be refitted to replace the very low, un-adjustable front passenger seat. A headrest that leans back a little more would also be appreciated.

Jofoasked

Sportage QL Si AWD, 2.0L Diesel, Automatic

When the car is at operating temp I get an annoying buzz from under the dash left side 1600 rpm. No buzz when cold or at other rpm. Any ideas?

John

Johnasked

Sportage

How do you know your sportage is a platinum

Bernhard Johannsen

Bernhard Johannsenasked

I have a Ql 2018 2 LITER FWD
While slowing down to stop and at other times as well I can hear a distinctive noise coming from the back. It sounds like a tiny compressor which runs for a few seconds and stops not very loud but a few of my friends asked what it could be?

Pardeep

Pardeepasked

Sportage

Recently, I bought a Kia sportage 2013 platinum series 2, 2.0cc petrol, I used it for local only and it consume 13 ltrs per 100 KM. Does it sound alright ? I recently done service air filter s.plugs changed.

Tanvir
Tanvir

My one is diesel engine and I am ok with the mileage. It seems like as u drive locally only that's why it is consuming more gas.

A511276
A511276

My Sportage is 2litre petrol only 6 months old and has shown anything from 7 to 25 litres per 100 km - every reading relates to the last trip taken , and is not your overall average petrol use. 13 ltrs per 100 km sounds right for short local trips in traffic . On a long open road trip the reading should be in the low 7’s.

Mustaq

Mustaqasked

Sportage SL

I bought my 2011 Kia Sportage platinum diesel turbo 2.0 L from auction. Driving for last 3 years with NO real issues. Recently it went very sluggish in lower gears no pick up etc. Engine light came up.

Diagnosed P0404 and suggested by NRMA that the Throttle body and EGR VALVE IS CLOGGED.

Throttle body and Turbine pump+ Mass Airflow sensor all were found very dirty nearly clogged. Cleaned with recommended cleaner sprays for each area now nearly new.
Started using BP Ultimate diesel has lowest sulphur recommended. Added diesel fuel additive to tank and replaced fuel filter.

After all that improvement noticed but not 100 % yet.
Engine light comes back after reset.

I am told EGR VALVE NEEDS proper cleaning. Could not do it with my mechanic he feels is bit too complicated to take it out for cleaning.
Any one can suggest how to clean my egr valve without opening/ dismantling from engine?? Mustaq nsw

Brenda
Brenda

Far too complicated for me to answer, sorry. I bought my car new. Good luck, someone else may be able to help you. Maybe write direct to Kia?

mcgrathglenn

Talk to the Kia people online, an see what they say, I don,t fully trust the N.R.M.A, at times, not fully happy with there mechanics, If Kia makes it then they should know about it, only a thought!!

Wilko
Wilko

Too much city/suburb driving is NOT good for diesels. Its not what their meant for! Common problem with all c ity/surburb diesel cars. Should have got the petrol version.

Lyndsay47asked

Sportage

Does my 2018 plate Sportage have a tracker installed? If so, do I need an app to trace where it is?

mcgrathglenn

It comes with a G.P.S, but no tracker that I know off, I got the Si Premium, The Si has no G.P.S, only the Si premium/ SLi an the G.T, but no tracker. Maybe if you ask Kia, they will help you, like they did with me, Very nice people. I hope this helps?

Ok great
Thank you. Big help

Kane

Every car manufacured after 2016, by law, has to to have a tracking device built in which cannot be disabled except by highly specialised experts ..

Graham C.

Graham C.asked

Sportage QL

i have ql sportage gt can i turn down the overspeed voice volumn?

dont know Sorry

Marie M.

Marie M.asked

Sportage QL

Have a Kia Sportage GT line 2L Diesel beautiful car but has a problem in heavy traffic, slow driving situations with sensor alerts triggering effecting the driving of the car. Have to pull over (if possible), turn the car off for awhile then restart it. Have taken pics of the dash & taken it to the kia service near me but they can't find the problem. Been doing this for 2 years. Disappointed to say the least.

Kane

I d just ignore the sensors

Dooley

Dooleyasked

Sportage

I have a Kia Sportage 2017 , When we purchased this car new the salesman told us each time we had the car serviced they would check if there are any GPS updates and if so they would install them free for the first 7 years as long as we keep getting the services on time . Now I am told the updates cost $250.00 . Can someone please tell me if this is right ???

Kane

I dont know but u would suggest you weite a letter to Kia Head Office and tell rhem about the dealers service delivery .

Eco-Clean

Eco-Cleanasked

Sportage

2012 2ltr diesel low klm had a rubber burn smell after driving 80klms.

Jofo

I don't have an answer for your problem, but maybe you could try the Kia Forum?

Sometimes they have brand specific usful info.

was it a hot day?

Michal U.

Michal U.asked

Sportage QL

I don't seem to be able to disable voiced warnings for a red light camera. No matter the settings, the car voices warning at 300m mark and beeps when near. Anyone knows how to stop these warnings?

Kane

there a way to reset all of the electronics by turning the car on and off and leaving the key in accesories for a number of hours or something like that I cant remember exactly now Maybe an honest auto electrician could tell you , or even Kia service centre?

Nicci Steve H.

Nicci Steve H.asked

Sportage SL

Changed battery and now the engine lite has come on .
Need assist to remove or will it disappear on its own please

Kane

did u change it properly , like the manual says?Or did you do it the way most people change a battery , like in the past ?It matters You have to follow the earthing instructions exactly and did you get a battery that Kia advises , not a shop, It matters The shops will tell you its the right battery when its not at all ..

Cas

Casasked

Sportage

Radio is very loud when turning on the car, not this loud when I am driving as I always have to turn it down can I fix it

Helen R.

Helen R.asked

My fuel cover fell off

Jimbo P.

Jimbo P.asked

Sportage

Using my previously paired phone, I now get this message in the car: "For your safety Bluetooth is blocked during drive. If you are in Parking status, you can connect to Bluetooth." What does this mean?

Aimée S.

Aimée S.asked

Sportage SL Platinum

So my sunroof has decided it doesn’t want to close ....
I got it partially closed

Help

Rodney B.

Rodney B.asked

Sportage QL

How do I get the NAV system to beep when I exceed the speed limit? I see the Speed sign on the display flash red when I go from a 100kph to 80kph zone, or when my speed creeps over the 50kph in town, but no audible warning. Sportage MY19 GT model. Thanks in advance.

Sharon

Sharonasked

Sportage

My 2016 Kia Sportage has stopped producing sound when I use my indicators, and also sound has stopped when I open my door? No welcome sound. Anyone had this problem? I have checked the manual and Googled it with no results

Tbow
Tbow

I had the same issue and you need to have the technicians trace a cable that gets caught between dash and firewall. Should be covered under warranty but takes a while to find and diagnose.

milkoasked

Sportage QL

Have KIA Australia solved the mapping problem with the 2ltr diesel which they knowingly sold me with this problem

Kim N
Kim N

Not sure what mapping issue you are referring too, can u advise.

milko

from cold start between 70&80 kph a series of jerks and vehicle labouring in gear coming up to say a roundabout once vehicle reaches operating temp problem gone apart from a frightening couple of thuds at a 110kph on one trip

Ozigray
Ozigray

I have a similar issue with my 2016 sportage diesel. Kia has initiated 3 sotftware updates so far which are supposed to have fixed the problem. They have certainly improved the issue, but it’s sill there at low speeds, around 50kph. Doesn’t do it all the time and Kia say they can’t do anything until they see the problem and get some data downloaded while it’s happening. Problem is it is intermittent so difficult to get it to do it while they have their computer connected. Very frustrating given that I have had this problem for 2 years now and still not fixed. They won’t even try until they get data. Very disappointing!

Get an answer from our members and Kia representatives