11Lavilin Underarm Deodorant Cream

Lavilin Underarm Deodorant Cream Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Samantha Saunders
Samantha Saunders · Underarm Deodorant Cream

Hi, I’ve been using Lavilin for the past twelve months and love it. In the last month I have been getting bumps under one armpit, like 2/3 pea sized lumps that are painful but come and go. It may not be Lavlin but I was wondering if anyone has had problems with possible blocked pores

Lavilin Australia   DM

Hi Samantha, It's unusual that it has been fine up until the last month and it is only on one side. Check if anything else has changed in your routine etc or if there is anything going on with the sweat ducts. Lavilin shouldn't be blocking pores and you should still be able to sweat as normal. It would be best to stop using stop using Lavilin or any other product until they resolve. Let us know if you find some answers.

Tracy3
Tracy3 · Underarm Deodorant Cream

Has anybody with eczema tried this? My daughter has it and reacts to so many things but the other eczema safe deodorants are not working well to stop odour

Lavilin Australia   DM

Hey Tracy, We have had quite a few customers who have eczema get good results with Lavilin in that it does not flare up eczema and in some cases reduced it. Make sure to check out the body wash, anti-dandruff shampoo, and women shampoo of which there are samples she can try. I find the women shampoo even more gentle on the scalp than the anti-dandruff shampoo.

Monika C.
Monika C. · Underarm Deodorant Cream

Skinsafe review gave Lavilin a hig thumbs up but did note thst is was not teen safe re hormone changes. Can you please respond to this. Thanks.

Lavilin Australia   DM

Hi Monika, Thanks for your question. Lavilin has been used by many teenagers in Australia with great success and thankful mums who can now hug their teenagers without passing out. Lavilin does not affect teenagers hormones as it targets the bacteria on the surface of the skin and allows the body to sweat naturally. The skinsafe review is for the old range on the US market where it is saying that Lavilin is not teen safe. The new Australian Total Odour Protection cream formula doesn't have exactly the same ingredients as the old American cream range with some of the preservatives changed to safer natural ones as per the latest research.

The_Boffin · Underarm Deodorant Cream

Lavilin people - do you know if people generally get better results if they are switching from conventional antiperspirants, conventional deodorants, or from natural/homemade deods? Or is success more dependent on individual body chemistry? I've been getting by with homemade concoctions for about 10 years now, which work waaaaayyy better than any store-bought product I've tried, but I do get irritation so keen to try something different. Also, can you say what fragrance is used? And which product has the least fragrance?
Thanks :)

Lavilin Australia   DM

Hi The_Boffin, generally it is easier to switch over from a regular antiperspirant, and for most it settles in straight away. Only a few never have it settle in. However, sometimes is can take longer to start working after some of the harsher deodorants due to the long term effects they have on the skin and more perseverance is needed. Clinical grade antiperspirants tend to wipe out all the stink and non stink-producing bacteria on the skin’s microbiome so can take a while for a diverse range of microflora to re-inhabit the microbiome. Many natural style of deodorants tend to either be very high pH or high in alcohol (esp with bicarb or magnesium hydroxide or DE) and when left to sit on the skin, work away at corroding the skin’s protective acid mantle. Prolonged disruption of the acid layer can compromise the skin’s ability to heal back to normal acidic pH. Bicarb is the No.1 irritant in deodorants, basically because of this reason. When bicarb is applied to the skin once it can take up to 2 weeks for the protective acid layer to heal back. Some people heal back faster, so transitioning over to Lavilin is no problem. Because Lavilin is much gentler on the skin it can potentially take longer for it to keep the more prolific odour-causing bacteria at bay after coming from these types of products. The best way to transition over from these harsher deodorants is to give the skin a total rest from all deodorant products for a few days, or even a week, to allow it to start to heal and for a more diverse range of bacteria to begin to inhabit the microbiome. Then when using the Lavilin deodorant, it might need to be applied more often in the beginning before being able to stretch it out over days. We offer extra support for those who are taking longer for it to start working. The fragrance is a very mild paraben/phthalate free one that disappears soon after applying. The Sport is marginally stronger than the Men’s fragrance and the Women’s is the mildest of the creams. There is a fragrance-free version coming in a few months.

The_Boffin

Thanks for such a thorough, informative answer. I will give it a try.

Folksey
Folksey · Underarm Deodorant Cream

Is it easy to apply for teen boys and men with underarm hair?

Lavilin Australia   DM

They should find it easy as they only need a small amount just spread around the center of the armpit after a warm shower and it spreads quite easily.

Andrea B.
Andrea B. · Underarm Deodorant Cream

I’ve been using the cream for about 12 days now and have to say it - I smell still. Any help would be good as I do like the idea of Lavilin and wish it to work for me.

Barbara
Barbara

My suggestion is to give up now. I persisted 4 months and no results. The company offered to send me the foot deodorant which they advised is stronger but months later I still haven’t received it.

Lavilin Australia   DM

Oh no, so sorry to hear you did not get to try the foot deodorant Barbara :( We would love to resend you some. Sometimes they go missing in the post. We can send it this time with tracking to make sure you get it. Just email or messages us and I will be sure to get it out to you if you are still keen to give it another go :)

Lavilin Australia   DM

Hi Andrea, we would love to help get Lavilin working for you. How long are you lasting? What deodorant were you using before? Sometimes there can be a transition period for Lavilin to get the bacteria under control. You can try applying morning and evening for a week and then see if you are able to stretch it out. We can also send you some of our foot samples which are slightly stronger and can be just what is needed to get the bacteria under control on the charmpits. If you would like to try them just message or email us at hq@lavilin.com.au
:) Cheers Pete

jen
jen

Hey, it didn't work for me either .tried everything including more applications a day... I got my money refunded. Good luck

Get an answer from our members and Lavilin Australia representatives

Select a listing for your question
Lavilin Underarm Deodorant Cream

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Lavilin Underarm Deodorant Cream is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more