2Softly Pure Soap Flakes

Softly Pure Soap Flakes Questions & Answers

Unhappy

Followig your insructions I now have all my washing covered in slime how can I get rid of it?

klong999
klong999

I have used these soap flakes for years, I only use half a cup per wash and find this is plenty, I know the instructions say to use more but my washing is bright and clean and visitors have commented on how fresh my laundry is.

I bought a half cup baking measure so I don't over use. I place the flakes in a deep plastic bowl that is only used for this purpose. I cover the flakes completely in boiling water around 2 and a half cups, and ensure they melt for around 3-5 minutes before I tip it into my front loader washing machine on top of the dirty laundry Do not let the hot water mixture sit for a long time, use it immediately. You seem to be using too much or not melting the flakes. Have you cleaned out you machine using a washing machine cleaner on high temperature, this is recommended when using these flakes every month or so. This has taken time and effort to get the measurements and usage right. I have been using Softly for many years, prior to the new name they were called Lux flakes.

Sweetheart,

It would be very pleasing to me if you could answer my query.

All my love.

Tim

The other Brian
The other Brian

Had the same problem some time back when I didn't use the solution soon after it dissolved After 15 mins, depending on cooling rate, it starts to thicken initially to 'slime' then hardens entirely to consistency of 'butter'. I would guess that if the wash was delayed or done on Cold this would also occur somewhat.
I would: Re-wash the entire load on a hotter temp if possible with a 2nd final rinse.
If still slimy long soak & in bucket of warm water & hand plunge till 'slime gone. I found the "slime" / 'butter' hardened product is still soap & will dissolve.
It's imperative to use while still in solution.
I'm using a front loader: The 1/2 cup per wash worked well for full / dirty load but reduce amount to suit load as it's seems to create more suds. Even less was effective on a longer 'Eco' wash.
Hope this helps - a different Brian

mandy h.

Is lux going off the market

Where can I buy lux.

Joolz59
Joolz59

Are the soap flakes vegan?

Bartek G.
Bartek G.

What is the actual size of the CUP please?

Rosie
Rosie

I am allergic to Sulphur.is there Sulphur in lux flakes

Washer woman
Washer woman

Why has it now been rebranded and fragrance added? This has been my go-to for no allergy washing for years. Are we to be subjected to more perfumed products when the product has always been safe for allergy sufferers? Not happy. Please explain why?????

Teal L.
Teal L.

Hello. I would like to know if this product is vegan. Thank you.

Julz
Julz

Have you stopped making lux flakes I've been to Woolworths stores and told it's been deleted tried coles and the shelf is empty

Doug
Doug

Where can I buy lux?

brian

Bought the lux soap flakes from Woolworths supermarkets in the laundry isle where the other laundry detergents are

brian

You could also try coles supermarkets in the laundry detergent isle

K. B.
K. B.

Where to buy Lux pure soap flake?

Rick
Rick

Woolworth i think has them purchased by someone else i sure if you ask at shop they will point you in the right direction

Rockchic
Rockchic

where can I buy this product, Lux pure soap flakes?

Krys-pete
Krys-pete

Most supermarkets have it in their laundry powder departments

brian

Bought it from Woolworths in the laundry detergent isle

bert
bert

can you wash rain proofed jackets with lux flakes without ruining the rain proofing?

Jufo
Jufo

Hi Bert,

I'm no 'washing doctor' however, I do know that the rain proofing on most jackets is a chemical coating added onto the surface of the fabric. So, I feel that if you wash it in any kind of soap, it would like come off and therefore would no longer be water-proof.

If it's got a stain on it, I'd carefully sponge it off. If it's just a bit 'whiffy' hang it out in the sun for a day. But, probably the best thing to do, would be take it to a dry cleaners and get their advice, they are 'washing doctors'.

Hope that helps.

Julie

brian

There's no such thing as rain proof jackets.

The only real waterproof jackets are the plastic work gear jackets which were manufactured using nylon and wouldn't recommend placing in a washing machine instead would actually recommend using a sponge and some sensitive dishwashing liquid

Solar flare
Solar flare

I have heard this product is good for severe sunburn when dissolved in warm water , then left to cool then applied to burnt area. Is there any truth to this rumour?

Sylvia81
Sylvia81

I have always trusted cooling the skin off ASAP. Soaking in a bath of tepid for up to 30 minutes. If you are older than 26 years you can take some aspirin as this tricks the brain into lowering your body temperature therefore the damage caused by the bodies reaction to the burn is reduced. A normal recommended dose is required. Caution is asked if you are on blood thinning medications. If you have never taken aspirin before please check with your medical adviser first. The second stage is to apply aloe vera gel to the burnt area ,but NOT over broken blisters or skin, then, only after scarring has occurred. As the burn heals you may apply rose hip or vitamin e oils or creams. Some people ask if the aloe vera plant sap is as good as the purchased product ,a good question . The bioavailability of the purchased gel appears to be more effective. The above process is also useful for minor burns.

Apple_Violet
Apple_Violet

30 years ago I suffered a severe burn as a child.

The burn dr suggested soaking in Lux flakes (dissolved in warm water) every day, as he had heard positive things about it.

To this day I have zero scarring

brian

Sorbelene moisturiser or vitamin e cream is even better for sunburn

Get an answer from our members and Pental representatives