Mad Paws Questions & Answers

Verifiedmadpaws.com.au🏆 2024 Award
Karen S.
Karen S.

Hi is the cost advertised by sitters per night or per dog? If it is per dog its very expensive when really looking after two dogs doesn’t require double the work.

Mad Paws   DM

Hello Karen, It would totally depend on the sitter than you chose, some charge double and some charge nothing. I hope that helps.

julia
julia

How are the clients screened? My 18 yr old daughter is thinking of joining & staying overnight in clients homes, I, as her mum, am curious as to what protocols for safety are in place, for younger carers?? Thanks

Leon
Leon

Very little about customers

Annette Worthington

Why won’t the quick quiz work I have
managed to get to the last to quiz questions and it won’t respond it doesn’t
work I have tried all questions & still won’t
Accept it

It was supposed to say the last 2 questions of the quick quiz that won’t
work I have tried every answer for the quiz

Maxy
Maxy

How much did you charge to stay at my house with my dog for 5 nights please ? I live in Willaston sa

Clair
Clair

Hi Maxy. I don't do pet sitting at the home of the client. I only host pets at my own home. You can search for pet sitters who will come to your home by selecting that option in the app. Alternatively you can take your pet to stay at the sitters home. I am in Willunga, but there may be sitters nearer to you.

Greg S.
Greg S.

It would seem that Mad Paws reviews tell a story and although initially I was keen to look into this company .I will look elsewhere - which in our area finding someone to look after your dog during the week / holidays is proving very difficult .

Paloma S.
Paloma S.

I have trouble with the app, I cannot answer the second question of quiz as appear only 1 option and its wrong. The second question is taking the place of third question and I cannot even tick it. Can u please fix it?

Also I want to know if my profile was accept? Tks

Mariana

Can I please get a contact number for a pet sitter in doreen as I'm not on social media & I'd like to book.
THANKYOU
[personal details removed]

Mad Paws   DM

Hi Mariana, We'd be happy to help! If you call (02) 8046 6536, our Customer Experience Team will help you find a local Pet Sitter.

Thomas from Mad Paws

Susan
Susan

When will you stop ignoring my repeated calls and help tickets about the app not working on android. It's now been over 2 months, 6 help tickets and 2 phone calls, during which I was told I would receive a call within 48 hours. Absolutely disgraceful service.

Mad Paws   DM

Hi Susan, I’m sorry for the issue you’ve faced with the app. If you could email your ticket details directly to me at thomas.derricott@madpaws.com.au, I’ll chase it up with the Customer Experience Team.

Helen
Helen

if the client paid 115 for three days sitting why did I only receive 92.00?

Jens.
Jens.

The sitter sets a price and there’s a fee on top for
administration.

Mad Paws   DM

Hi Helen, We're glad to have you on board as a Mad Paws Pet Sitter! As we highlight in our T&Cs during the Sitter signup process, Mad Paws takes a small fee from each booking.

This covers:

*Premium Public Liability Insurance to protect all bookings through the Mad Paws platform
*Paid marketing to bring you as many clients as possible
*Maintenance of the Mad Paws website and app for both Pet Sitters and Pet Owners
*Access to our Customer Experience Team for any booking-related issues

Shirley

Hi, I had a review published 3 days ago (Shirley, Balmain) & wrote of my concerns about a dog minder at Cromer. I am still concerned for the dogs; does a Mad Paws make contact with with that pet sitter to give them feedback, or is my review just left online, hoping that they will read it. It is a very distressing situation & reading a few of the questions in your Q & A section, I can see that a few people have raised concerns about their dogs being looked after properly.

Sandra A.
Sandra A.

Mad Paws do read your concerns. I have not had a problem as the people we used were amazing and treated my dog just like she was their own.

Shirley

Well Sandra, perhaps you should hear what's going on all day & maybe their treatment of their own dog (s) is totally unacceptable. Dogs are social animals & being left all day on their own to bark incessantly (one can only guess about the fouling inside) is not what I would consider amazing or kind.

Shirley

Sandra, one more thing....you mention a "Tania" as your dog sitter. I was talking about a "Lisa M"....perhaps a different person? FYI, I haven't yet received a response from Madpaws, so HOW do you know they read the negative comments, or really care?

Mad Paws   DM

Hi Shirley, thanks for taking your time to express your concerns. At Mad Paws we have over 20,000 Pet Sitters across Australia. As you can see from our our 4.7 rating from 1,380 reviews, pet care is something we take very seriously. If you could email us with more details of your concerns at service@madpaws.com.au, we'd be eager to investigate further. Warm regards,

Michelle79

Are consumers of mad paws allowed to put cameras in our hones to verify how our pet is being looked after? I don't see how a meet and great gives real peace of mind, Anyone can act nice to get the job. Is there no qualifications needed to pet sit?

Mad Paws   DM

Hi again Michelle, We completely understand your desire to keep an eye on your pet while you're away. However, for legal reasons, you'd be required to confirm with your Sitter before you filmed them.

As I mentioned, in addition to providing photo updates, your Sitter only receives payment once you've confirmed a completed booking. This means you have the opportunity to assess that your pet is happy and healthy before Mad Paws releases payment.

You can also learn more about our four-step Pet Sitter verification process at: external link

Once again, feel free to email us at service@madpaws.com.au if you have any questions!

Michelle79

How do we know if these people really do look after your pet and are certified. The odd photo doesn't really prove you can trust them with your fur baby.. how can you assure us they are safe? I would be looking to hire on an ongoing basis 7/7 while I'm working away.

Mad Paws   DM

Hi Michelle, Thanks for your query! All of our Pet Sitters undergo a four-step vetting process before being allowed onto our platform. To maintain quality, we only approve one-quarter of all Pet Sitting applications.

Before contacting a Sitter, you can also read the reviews they've received from previous Pet Owners. This gives you an objective insight into how each Sitter cares for the pets in their care.

You also have the chance to organise a Meet & Greet with any potential Sitter. This allows you to assess a Pet Sitter in person before locking in a booking. That way, you can see how they interact with your furbaby and ensure they're the right fit.

Finally, Mad Paws Sitters don't receive their payment until you've confirmed you're happy at the end of the booking.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to email us at service@madpaws.com.au.

Chloface
Chloface

Hi, I was thinking to apply to mad paws but a few questions crossed my mind. Do you have to have pet insurance? Is there a certain age you have to be to apply? If the pet runs away or does something upsetting because of their own behavioural problems or something else, does the company take care of it, or do I have to take care of it, or is it all on the owner? If the worker is bullied by the customer, or vice versa, what will you do to make sure that doesn't happen? thanks!

P.S Can you please add in mice to the options?

Michelle79

20 days ago you asked this question, mad paws still have not replied.. I'm guessing my 2 questions won't be answered either, so mad paws you just lost a pertential long term client in me...

Mad Paws   DM

Hi Chloface and Michelle, Sorry for my delayed response - I've been out of office visiting my in-laws!

Chloface, we'd love to receive your application to be a Sitter. In response to your questions, all Mad Paws Sitters receive Public Liability Insurance, which covers any damage or injury to a third party or their property whilst a pet is under a Pet SItter’s care. It falls to the discretion of each Pet Sitter to decide whether they want to obtain further insurance.

While all Sitters must be at least 18 years of age, younger pet lovers can create family accounts. This allows younger Sitters to share Pet Sitting responsibilities with their parents.

Before a booking, we encourage all Pet Sitters to host a Meet & Greet with their would-be furry client. This allows them to ensure that they're fully able to care for the pet for whom they'll be caring. That way, Sitters can avoid upsetting situations during their booking.

These Meet & Greets also give Sitters and Owners the opportunity to meet and ensure they get along. However, Mad Paws maintains a zero tolerance policy for any bullying of either Sitters or Owners. As correspondence between Sitters and Owners occurs via the Mad Paws platform, we have records of inappropriate behaviour. As such, we can take action to intervene when required.

Finally, we've organised quite a few Pet Sits for mice in the past! At this stage, Mice Owners often select "Guinea Pigs" then specify via message that they have mice. To make this clearer, we'll look to update our pet options soon.

M.m
M.m

Will you be able to look after my puppy for 8 weeks?? And how much would that cost?

Mad Paws   DM

Hi there, Thanks for reaching out to us! We'd love to connect you with a Pet Sitter for your puppy. If you could email us at service@madpaws.com.au with the area in which you live and the period in which you require a Pet Sitter, we'd be happy to send you some prices.

The Mad Paws Team

Susie
Susie

Hi, I would love to become a sitter. Could you please get in touch with me?

Kind regards

Susan Roberts

Mad Paws   DM

Hi Susan! We're delighted that you'd like to become a Mad Paws Sitter. Head to external link , press "Become a Sitter" in the top right hand corner and follow the instructions. If you need help at any point, you can reach out to us via service@madpaws.com.au and we'll help you to complete your profile, ID verification and online training.

The Mad Paws Team

Ash

Do not waste your time a terribly unprofessional company Mad Paws is Mad for your money just unable to be professionals and follow their OWN POLICIES stay away from this SCAM

Isobel S
Isobel S

How can you trust a stranger to be in your home and look after your pet when you know nothing about them? I am keen to make a booking but anxious to have a stranger in my home.

Sarah
Sarah

It is always recommended you do a meet and greet before the booking is confirmed. That way the sitter knows for sure that your pet is within their capabilities, and compatible with living arrangements if hosting, and you can meet the sitter beforehand so they are not a complete stranger. If you are very worried, look for sitters with lots of reviews!

Ash

You cannot trust strangers in your house and i have been abused by a customer after following all the protocalls for meet and greets and texts and calls , only to be told by Mad Paws im banned because i will not tolerate being bullied . Thanks Mad Paws you are both unprofessional and a scam .

Isobel
Isobel

Helps if said "sitter" has a National Police check :) I'm a sitter and got one just to give people piece of mind, even though I have a NY police check and FBI check that was required to become an Aussie resident ;)

KC C
KC C

Hi Isobel, it can be daunting to have a stranger come into the home. As a pet sitter, I make the owners feel as comfortable as possible by showing a copy of my police check, Working with Children Check (a more in-depth check), references, copies of my relevant certificates - pet sitting, pet first aid etc. I also mention on my profile that I don't have people in the home and that I don't drink or smoke, hopefully this puts the owners mind at ease. You can always discuss your concerns at the meet and greet and see what the response of the pet sitter is. If you feel uncomfortable, lock all valuables in a cupboard or safe and have people come by the home to check in on the pets and sitter - have a family member pick up mail, keep services like your cleaner/gardener/pool cleaner/handyman come to the home while you are away, this would hopefully deter some sitters from doing the wrong thing.

ChloeL
ChloeL

How safe is this site to use as a student offering to walk dogs?

Mad Paws   DM

Hi Chloe, Thanks for the question! Our website is extremely safe to use, both for pet owners and pet sitters. For a potential dog walker like yourself, there are a number of checks we have in place to make sure owners are both real and are able to pay you for your services. We check owner's identities, and require them to enter a valid and verified mobile and email before they get in contact with walkers like yourself. Then, we ensure that owners have paid for a booking before it begins, to ensure that you will be paid for the excellent service you provide. We also have a dedicated local Customer service team who is here to help if you ever need a hand with anything!

Hope this helps answer your question!

- Mad Paws team

Ash

Don’t bother using mad paws it’s a scam

glenn R.