Manduca Questions & Answers

Classic, Pure Cotton, Limited Edition, etc...

6 questions from our users

Rebecca D

Rebecca Dasked

Classic

How is the Manduca in Australia's 30-40 degree Summer?

Sean R.Manduca

Sorry we took so long to answer your question Rebecca. The feedback we get indicates that Manduca works well in warm climates - obviously wearing any baby carrier will be a little warmer than normal, but Manduca is made from natural fibres (organic cotton and hemp) that are breathable and naturally promote moisture wicking. It has a hood/sunshade that will help shade your baby too - and a large hat for you also helps.
Some other commonsense ideas are to dress lightly, keep baby and yourself well hydrated and to consider cooling pads that are available for babywearing from a number of sources.

Ksugarpie

Ksugarpieasked

Classic

Can this be used for child facing outwards of the body?

Sean R.Manduca

Thank you for the question. Manduca isn't designed to be able to face children forward. We believe that a baby learns most from watching their parent at very close range, and this improves their ability to read and sense emotions, and helps develop language skills. If you're interested in these thoughts, you could read our blog article here: http://www.manduca.com.au/#/babys-bq/4590158633

Margiemarchie
Margiemarchie

As Manduca official already answered...it's can't be used for facing forward baby.
If you are in Sydney...and you have Facebook account...feel free to join baby wearing group....we all talking about baby wearing alot...I guarantee that most mummies and daddies not recommended about facing forward baby.
These some reasons :
1. It's over stimulating for baby
2. We can't face the baby so we don't know what's going on to the baby
3. The more heavy the baby the more baby put pressure when you carry facing forward...it's not good for your back also for the baby

It's save facing forward it's just not recommended but Manduca definitely can't facing forward.
As I said manduca maybe not the prettiest baby carrier on the market but definitely the safest!!

jane

janeasked

Hi. My daughter has downsyndrom and her joint is hyper mobile. Do you still recommend this carrier for my daughter?

Rose
Rose

I would check with a physiotherapist.

jacque

jacqueasked

I'm looking a carrier for my 15kg preschooler. Currently carry my 2nd (9-month-old) with a sling. Was not able to carry 1st daughter by bare hand, will Manduca support her weight? My hipseat carrier make me feel like being crushed on the waist. Can Manduca distribute weight evenly to shoulder and waist?

mumof4
mumof4

Hi there,
I'm not sure what the official maximum weight for the manduca is, you could check their website, but I'm sure you would find it would work :) my 14 month old is just over 10kg and it's still very comfortable for me to carry her. I rarely have to adjust it, I just put her on my front or back and off I go. I plan to carry her for a long time :)
I hope that helps

D spag
D spag

my son is about 13kg, i feel comfortable. as he gets heavier though i will be crossing the straps accross my back when i wear him on the front. I feel i will be able to carry him in it for a while to come, the thick and wide waist band is very supportive for me.

goes to 20 kgs i have a 15 kg 21 month old in and he loves it and is supported so well ... there is also the manduca Xtend addition to create even more support for older ones (we dont even need that yet) :-)

Brooke

Brookeasked

I am a bigger lady. Are any big ladies using this comfortably? How long is the waist strap?

arsch
arsch

The hip belt has a maximum 140 cm diameter. And a minimum (for smaller ladies) 64 cm.

Workingmum
Workingmum

You can also buy a waist belt extender which makes it fit all sizes :)

Wisconsin12

Wisconsin12asked

Does the Manduca sun shade just sit over the head of the baby or is it meant to attach to the strap or something? I have one but the sun shade doesn't sit well above my newborns head and I can't see anyway to attach it. hmm.

Kmaree
Kmaree

There's a little hook on the straps that the elastic loops on the sleeping hood/shade hook on to. Here is a video that shows it quite clearly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEAtE_aPqrU. Good luck!

Get an answer from our members and Manduca representatives