2Maytronics Dolphin M600

Maytronics Dolphin M600 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPN:99996610-AU
Chris T · Dolphin M600

I bought a Dolphin m600 in November 2023. When I run it, it rarely fills the filter basket with leaves. I have run the robot 3 times a day and the pool floor is still not clean and the basket is always one third full of leaves. My last machine was a dolphin s40 and we didn't have this problem. I need some ideas as to why this is occurring with a new machine.

R Gibson
R Gibson

Chris, several things can cause this problem. First and most likely thing to check is the upper water exhaust vents on the unit. they are at the end of the dual tunnels in the lid. With a leafy pool, they can get clogged with leaf debris, which will severely limit the water flow and result in poor debris pickup. You can reverse flush the vents with a hose to clear the debris. Secondly, when emptying the basket, make sure that the fabric flaps below the basket are not clogged with leaves. Lastly, make sure the basket is firmly seated in the unit, if it sticks up even a little bit it can prevent the lid from sealing correctly, diverting the flow from the upper water exhaust vents and reducing draw of debris into the basket. Also check that neither of the two latch parts of the lid are broken, I had this happen over time and it prevents good sealing and can cause the problem you describe. Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me at danaallison1@att.net

Chris T

Thanks for your answer. Everything is clean and emptied. I took the unit to the service centre and the chap tested it on the computer and it came up with no errors. I went home and watched the dolphin move. (I have a large, irregular shaped 100,000 litre pool). The dolphin spends most of it's time at the bottom of the walls just spinning its tracks. For 2 minutes at a time. Then it goes to the other side of the pool and does the same at the other wall (pebble crete pool). No wonder the pool is still full of leaves and the basket is only half full at the end of a cycle. I have daily leaf litter, gum tree nuts and blossoms every day. I noticed that the basket also gets clogged with blossom "mud" and then blocks off the leaf collection chute (the black fabric). I am taking video of the dolphin and will ask for a refund from the seller. I don't think that this dolphin can handle my pool's requirements so I will look for another machine.
(BTW - I had the dolphin x40 for 6 years and it ran way better than this model. I wish I had repaired it, but of course, was talked into a new model by the sales masters). Cheers

Kate
Kate · Dolphin M600

How do I replace the white foam climbing rings on a Maytronics Dolphin Active X6.
I’ve purchased them but not sure how to put them on.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kate, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin Active X6.

Please reach out to our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 and we provide you with this information.

Many thanks and enjoy the rest of your day!

Tiernan F. · Dolphin M600

hi there i bought a m600 second time useing it i didnt watch the first time this time i watched for nearly an hour i watched it go up wall and do the same place 3 times on two differnt places i thought it mapped and dosnt do the same place

Maytronics   DM

Hi Tiernan, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin M600.

Our Dolphin robots use the CleverClean scanning algorithm to navigate the pool.

This unique intelligent scanning system, is programmed to study the different parameters of your pool and thus optimises its capacity to scan the entire pool floor and to clean the walls and/or waterline.

The recommended location to start the robot is in the middle of the longest length of your pool, to ensure the robot reaches all the points in the pool.

If there is anything further we can do to assist, please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

we have a 1m plage and will not go up to there

Mark · Dolphin M600

Has anyone had a problem with the app when setting to ultra clean on the weekly timer changing from 2.5 hours to 2 hours by itself and can’t change back unless you restart the system ? Also the filter icon I. The upper left corner comes and goes and not sure how to set the notification on my iPhone when the system is complete
Thanks,

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mark, Thank you for your feedback regarding your Dolphin M600. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial number available when calling.

Nikki
Nikki · Dolphin M600

Hi. Could you please tell me the differences between the M600 and the S200. Besides the app on your phone (which I'm not worried about having) why is the M600 better? Is the suction on the M600 stronger? Are the roller brushes better?
Thankyou

Maytronics   DM

Hi Nikki, Thank you for your enquiry regarding the differences between the Dolphin M600 and S200.

Please kindly contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 and we will go through the differences in depth with you.

Hi Nikki,
Somehow your question was directed to me.
I am not affiliated with Maytronics, I used to own a Dolphin M500 and was not over impressed with it.
The Dolphin M500 did the job as I believe that the M600 and the S200 also will do the job.
I found the company Maytronics difficult to communicate with.
I found the service Maytronics provided me was lousy.
I found that my M500 kept breaking down and kept needing replacement parts.
I decided to replace my broken Dolphin M500 (that cost me $2,300.00 when I bought it) with a pool robot from ROBOTEK. I purchased the the ROBO PLUS V2 and it is a terrific pool robot, better yet the service from ROBOTEK is the best. The staff at ROBOTEK will bend over backwards to make sure that you are happy with their pool robot. (you cannot ask for more than that) and the bonus price is that the ROBOTEK pool cleaner only cost me $2,300.00 as well.
By the way I am also not affiliated with ROBOTEK
You will not be disappointed with a pool tractor from ROBOTEK my pool is 8 meters x 4.5 meters and the ROBO PLUS V2 is doing the best job maintaining the cleanliness of my pool.
I suggest you look into purchasing a ROBO PLUS V2

Rhi
Rhi · Dolphin M600

We have just purchased an M600 and tried it on a regular and an ultra cycle. After both there is still visible dirt around the edges of the bottom and the bottom of the walls as if it is is not cleaning the curve where the bottom meets the walls. Brand new machine so filters clean. Any thoughts on why it is missing this as I thought it was meant to map the pool so nothing was missed!

Hi Rhi,
I am also only an end user of a Dolphin Tractor.
I have no idea why your M600 is not performing in the manner you expect it to perform
But here is my recommendation.
If the retailer advised you that your M600 was supposed to perform in the manner you described above for the pool you have installed or if the literature that came with your M600 mentions that your M600 should perform in the manner you described above for your style of pool then I strongly advise you to return the product and insist on a full refund and try another product. Maytronics are not to the only company that make good pool tractors.
I have read the reviews in the “productreview” for RoboplusV2 and 99% of their customers were extremely pleased with their purchase.
I contacted my public aquatic pool centre in my area and I was told by the pool caretaker that they switched from Maytronics pool cleaners to ROBOTEK pool cleaners and told me that they were extremely impressed with the performance of the ROBOTEK pool cleaner.
It is now up to you what you decide to do.
Hope I was of some help.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Rhi, Thank you for your enquiry regradng your Dolphin M600. Please kindly contract our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial numver available.

Many thanks!

Casey B.
Casey B.

How many foam wheels go on a M600?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Casey. There are two white, foam-like climbing rings that are on the Dolphin M600.

Debbie
Debbie · Dolphin M600

Hi, I have a M600 and just noticed the two foam wheels are falling apart. Can I take it somewhere to get them replaced? It is just less than 1 year old? Thanks Debbie

Maytronics   DM

Hi Debbie, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin M600. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial number available. We will provide you details of your nearest spare part dealer.

vahid
vahid · Dolphin M600

Hi
Is DOLPHIN ULTIMATE that is sold by Swimart same as DOLPHIN M600 ?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Vahid. That is correct, it is the same model with regard to functionality and build- As these models vary in the way they are distributed, their colours differ.

Ian B · Dolphin M600

On M600 which filter should I use on a pool that sand has been spilt in it

Maytronics   DM

Hi Ian, thank you for reaching out in regards to your Dolphin M600. A Dolphin robotic pool cleaner can be equipped with fine spring filters (100 microns) that remove large debris (leaves, grass, twigs) and/or ultra-fine filters (50 microns) that clean small particles (e.g. sand, dirt).

Spring filters should be used for initial spring cleaning (early in the season).

Ian B

Which filter is the fine filter the one that looks like a car air cleaner or the one that looks like plastic

Maytronics   DM

Hi Ian, The Ultra-Fine filters are the pleated, corrugated looking ones. These are suitable to collect small debris (such as dirt, sand, dust).

Andrew V · Dolphin M600

Hi,
I am comparing the M600 and M700 units. The filters for the M700 are described as Fine and Ultra fine whereas the filters for the M600 are described as Fine and for Coarse Debris. Could you please confirm what the difference is between the two unit's filters as my pool has a lot of fine silt that I want to make sure is filtered correctly.

Cheers.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Andrew, thank you for your enquiry. The Dolphin is shipped with the Fine (screen mesh) filters installed. The Fine filters collect large debris (such as leaves, grass, twigs).

Inside the box is also The Ultra-Fine filters (pleated, corrugated) which collect small debris (such as dirt, sand, dust).

You're more than welcome to request a free demonstation on the link below:
external link

Andrew V

Hi and thanks for this. Can you please confirm that both the M600 AND the M700 have the Ultra-Fine filters (pleated, corrugated) - that is, there is no difference in the filters provided with the M600 and the M700?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Andrew, I can confirm that both the M600 and M700 come with the Fine and Ultra-Fine Filters. If you require any further information, please call our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Andrew V

Perfect, thanks for this!

Mark · Dolphin M600

Does the M600 climb better then the M400
Also how do you adjust the angle on the wall for the M600 there is no handle to angle?
Do the wonder brush work on the M600 or is it not needed

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mark, Thank you for reaching out to us however as you are located in the US and we are in Australia we suggest that you contact our US Team as they are more familiar with the models being supplied in the US.
Please contact our US team on the toll free number 1-888-365-7446. The friendly team can assist you further with your questions.

Many thanks - Customer Care Team Australia

MaryJane
MaryJane · Dolphin M600

Please clarify which filters to use for daily cleaning.
~Mary Jane

Maytronics   DM

Hello MaryJane. Thank you for choosing to purchase a Maytronics Dolphin M600. The below information will assist you to choose which filter will be effective to use:

Depending of the models, inside the box are the Ultra-Fine filters (pleated, corrugated) which collect small debris (such as dirt, sand, dust).

If we can assist you any further please let us know or simple contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2
Have a great day!

Marc D.
Marc D. · Dolphin M600

i recently built a M600. It frequently does wheelys when it drives straight ahead. the basket is empty at that moment. how come?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Marc, Thank you for reaching out regarding your Dolphin M600. There may be a few reasons why your M600 is doing wheelies. Our Customer Care team will be able to go through more in depth troubleshooting with you. If you can please call 1300 693 657 opt 2 and have you robot's serial number handy we will be able to assist you further. Many thanks!

joe l. · Dolphin M600

Hi, please let me know the difference between that M600 and M700.and whywhy should I buy this or that ?

Edward A
Edward A

M700 is the new model. I bought before this came out so I was comparing M600 vs M400. M600 was already top of the range so I didn't want to pay any extra to go higher. FYI, Poolwerx sells the Active X6 which is the M600 equivalent (they rebrand the official models but they are the same thing). They were selling it for $2700 for Aus Day which was a great deal compared to M600 retail $3200.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Joe. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin M700 differs from the M600 as it a model that has been launched for Maytronics' ten year anniversary. The Dolphin M700 has three extra features available in the smartphone application and is the only model with a four year warranty. It is also part of the Maytronics for Life program.

The Dolphin M600 has a three year warranty with the option to add on an additional year at the time of purchase. This model also has full smartphone compatibility with the exception of the three extra features that the Dolphin M700 has. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

joe l.

Thanks, but what are the extra three features , you have kept referring to and belong to M700 ?
thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe Apologies - the extra three features are:

Temperature Indicator
Out of Water Indicator
Filter Status

Musa · Dolphin M600

I have been looking at buying the M600 or the M700 and was going to ask a local pool store to send someone to do a sure inspection, but after reading all of the poor customer service reviews I am now reluctant to throw away my hard earned money in case I have a problem with mine. I have not read one single review where it wasn't a drama created from the manufactures side. It seems that it has always been that the pool store that came to the rescue in the end.

I don't know how. Should I still bite the bullet and buy a $3K+ robot??

Pete
Pete

I was a bit unsure about spending 3k on a pool cleaner. We have a pebble create pool and is a pain in the neck to clean. I was totally blow away the amount of dirt the m600 picked up. Once you set it up, its easy to run with your phone. After every use i hose it down with fresh water and store in the garage. Had it about 2 months now so far so good. Hipe this helps.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Musa. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin M600 and Dolphin M700 models are the newest launch of models within the Dolphin space. They are both popular due to their functionality and build as well as their ability to be compatible via wifi or Bluetooth connectivity for access to more features. Maytronics recommends a demonstration with your closest agent to gain insight as to how a Dolphin can perform in your pool in the long term. The agent will be able to demonstrate as to how to set up and use the robot as well as its features. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Musa

What is the actual difference between the M600 and the M700?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Musa If you would like one of our Customer Care team members to reach out and go through the different specifications of both the M600 & M700 and any other questions you may have please send an email to : customercareau@maytronics.com and we will contact you.

damata6365
damata6365

Buy the S200, the reviews are correct Bluetooth and WIFI hit and miss.....spending more time to pair the unit at the moment.
I brought the M600 and regretting it already

Musa

damata6365, how long ago did you buy it?

Musa

I ended up purchasing the M700 today :)

Maytronics   DM

Hello Musa. We are so glad to hear that you decided on the M700, how exciting!

Robot · Dolphin M600

I purchased the M600 and received an extra year's warranty (total 4 years). However, the app only shows 3 years. How do I get that corrected??

Maytronics   DM

Hello, thank you for reaching out. When an extended warranty is purchased, it can take some time for our system to reflect this and in turn, update into the My Dolphin Plus application. In any case, please ensure to retain your proof of purchase of which should document the extended warranty.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Robot

I contacted customer care team over a month ago and they provided the following response:

Yes, your request was sent through to our National Admin Manager on the 11th November.
Once actioned, it will take approx. 24 hours to be displayed in your app. Please rest assured all details are in our system for the extra 1 year extended warranty.

It is clear to me that this has been overlooked.

Trinity
Trinity · Dolphin M600

I’ve done a lot of research and was considering the 2021 Dolphin M600 but it appears to be overpriced @ $2999.00 for what it is. It seems the 2020 Dolphin Sigma is arguably as good as the M600 and for a more reasonable price however, it does not seem to be available in Australia. Why?

Gordon
Gordon

Find a local dealer, and you should get a 10 to 15% discount. Which you wont get if you buy it online directly from Maytronic... apart from that i finally have a very clean pool so was thrilled. btw it can get heavy to lift out until the water drains .. but i wouldn't buy a different one.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Trinity. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin Sigma is specific to the US market. This model also has differing features than the Dolphin M600 and does not come with a caddy. The Dolphin Sigma has a 3 year limited warranty of which is only able to be claimed within the United States as its warranty does not transfer to Australia.

The Dolphin M600 is dual drive, like the Dolphin Sigma, however it also has the Power Stream mobility system that the Dolphin Sigma does not have. Whilst these two models have similarities, they are also different.

Please feel free to visit us at external link  to find our closest agent or, contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Lash
Lash · Dolphin M600

RE Dolphin M600 / Ultimate / Active X6.
Hi there, I would like to know if the cleaner can operate in the dark (at night)? The reason is that I want to run it at night during off-peak, non-solar feed-in time, and have heard that the machine scans the floor for items to pick up rather than mapping the pool and doing every line, and the run time is dependent only on the time selected (1.5 / 2 / 2.5 hrs). Can the scan feature work in pitch black? And if i have a smaller pool, will the 1.5 hr time pass all lines and scrub the waterline all around faster, or will it priorities/miss areas? and do the longer-cleans run slower, ie scrub more? or does it run at the same speed, but just cover different floor/side amounts?
Also can you please tell me if the Australian model has a filter full indicator - and how that feature works - ie is it a notification thru your phone via the app, or is it a light on the machine itself? Will the machine stop working once full?
Also, have heard that the setting up of auto programming can only be planned for 3 weeks ahead. Was hoping to have more of a longer term set up, ie every third day during non-heavy leaf fall, and every second day during heavy leaf fall, with notifications for basket near 80% full. And the only tinkering needed is whether to increase/decrease the cleaning frequency. Is that feature here yet / coming soon?? Thx

Maytronics   DM

Hello Lash. Thank you for your post. We can confirm that the Dolphin M600 can operate in the dark as it uses current draw on its motors in order to learn the pool surfaces. We can also confirm that the Dolphin M600 can still complete all scans even when moved to a smaller pool and using a shorter run time. This is due to the pool being smaller and having the option to shorten its run time accordingly, The run time can also be extended if required.

The Full Filter Indicator is a feature that is currently being worked on and improved. Maytronics hopes to have this feature finalised soon.

The timer is unable to be set up indefinitely at this point in time. It is however, able to be pre-set for 3 weeks at a time and can be re-set for the weeks ahead once the three weeks is complete.

Sonya
Sonya · Dolphin M600

can you use the M 600 without WiFi?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Sonya Thank you for reaching out regarding the Dolphin M600 being used with out WIFI connectivity. The M600 can be used through Bluetooth which requires you to be located within 1.5mtrs of the Power Supply Unit, alternatively you can turn the M600 on manually from the Power Supply Unit which will allow the unit to complete a 2 hour cycle.

Cathy
Cathy · Dolphin M600

Hi
If we program the cleaner to clean the floor, walls and tile line daily, can we keep the Dolphin M600 and/or the Dolphin X6 in the pool all the time, except to empty the basket?
How does the Dolphin X6 compare to the M600? What are the main differences and which is the better cleaner, and why?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Cathy - Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin M600 and the Active X6 are the exact same machine, the Active X6 is rebranded for Poolwerx . Maytronics do not recommend leaving the cleaner in the pool for long periods of time. If you require any further information on any of our units please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 and one of our team members will be able to assist you further.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Select a listing for your question
Maytronics Dolphin M600