Mazda CX-5

76 questions from our users

Sasho

Sashoasked

CX-5

hi guys , i was just wondering has anyone has installed a catch can on Mazda CX5 turbo diesel 2.2 liter engine

Michelleasked

CX-5

Hi, I am looking at buying Mazda CX 5 2.0 sport 2020 but after reading reviews concerned at petrol consumption & using more because it doesnt have the power. I live regional but usually drive short distances & planning on a few trips up the coast & using for sleeping in the back. I had toyota corolla which was great on fuel but need a bigger car for carrying thins & sleeping in. Car brokee says it should be fine. Michelle

AbFab
AbFab

I’m a city driver but drove 140 klms today - no problem, quarter of a tank. Used to drive a Jeep Cherokee so the Mazda is a dream!

Thank you. Good to know.

jared b.

jared b.asked

CX-5

Have a 2016 limited edition.
Wanting to know if there is a way to view how many km I have left to go before I need fuel. Most new cars have this. But not sure. Thanks

Ay R.
Ay R.

Info button on the steering wheel will cycle through different options on the instrument panel screen.

Trishasked

CX-5

Purchased CX-5 November 2012 and have driven 65,600 kms and no off road, now the diff has failed and when inspected found to have water inside and completely rusted out! Has anyone else had this problem or know if this problem?

sccouple
sccouple

Hi Trish
Have not seen this problem with a CX5 before. However, saw that a number of new Fords and Toyotas in nth qld experienced similar problems after the Townsville floods.
Early 2012 saw huge amounts of rain and inundation in nsw. Dont wish to be a harbinger of nasties, but wondering if this is a coincidence.

Trish

Maybe, but I didn’t buy it until Nov 2012 and the dealer was waiting on it, but I will look into the weather patterns for that year. Thank you for the info

Sanasked

Hi fellow CX-5 Owners,

Hope you are all doing well during these times,
I have a Mazda CX5 2019 GT turbo version bought in July 2019. My family loves this car, but since Feb'2020 we are hearing water movement noises from the center console for few moments when I accelerate, moving the vehicle from stopped state. Also the noise is heard when changing gear position when car is ON, basically when the car/engine moves/rattles this water noise is audible from center console. This is bothering much for last 4 months. Has any body else had this issue and any fix you can recommend.
I have informed the dealer thrice so far in last 3 months but with no luck. Sorry for a very long post.

Let me explain each of those instance in detail:
1. First time - I reported to the dealer during the car's first service that 10000k/1 yr in March'2020, the dealer informed me that they drained all door and other places where rain/carwash water stored, but they could not replicate the issue of water sounds from center console. And asked me to monitor.

2. The issue was still there hence I took the car back to dealer after 3 weeks and a service person came along for a test drive to hear the noise, he could hear the noise and noted in service sheet, but again at the end of the day they said they checked everything but could not replicate the issue and asked to monitor again.

3. Now after couple more weeks again the noises are still audible more frequent and louder, took the car again to dealer, service person drove my car to test and he said he heard some noises but said they are not of water but of suspension (I thought he might be right and knows better than me about Mazda cars) left the vehicle for service, at the end of the day I got the car back but the water movement noises are still there. This time I could feel suspension was better as brand new car during first few months.
It is annoying me much, I am concerned if this water might be damaging any parts in the car. I would like to seek help from this community in this regard. Is there a way to escalate to Mazda directly or please suggest any options that I have since it's been 3 times already at the dealer with no help.

Appreciate your time.

Khurshed
Khurshed

Hi,
No idea how can I help. The dealer should fix this as they are also getting this noise/sound.or they should replace the car.
I bought Mazda Akera, having problem with the air conditioning since I bought. Cooling is not good enough. Dosen't correspondent with the adjustment what we made inside.
2. Few times had malfunction 306'camera
3. GPS never upgrade even they try few times
4. Overhead display also comes and go.
But car driver very good.

Thanks for your response Khurshed,

Peter

Peterasked

CX-5 KF Maxx Sport FWD, 2.0L Petrol (2015-2020)

can I use any type of grade petrol in my 2 litre CX 5 Mazda

Jasonasked

CX-5

I have a mazda cx 5 2016 sport maxx diesel awd. I bought it brand new. Initially the range of the tank was upto 990 km on a full tank, but lately I have noticed a decline in the range down to 700 km. Can you advise me what I can do?

Mr SS

Don't know why that is unless you were driving long distance on an open road getting great fuel economy. I have a 2017 CX5 diesel and driving around the city get about 7 liters per 100 kilometers which will show on your trip meter. The math is a 55 liter tank x (100/7) = 785 kilometers per tank.

Jason

Hi Mr SS, taking your maths into account, I'm currently getting 750 km. How can I get the 35 km back?

Gillian B.

Gillian B.asked

CX-5 KF Akera AWD, 2.2L Diesel (2017-2020)

Is the Mazda warranty for 3 or 5 years?

Gillian B.

Gillian B.asked

CX-5 KF (2017-2020)

I have a 2017 cx5 KF series is the Mazda warranty 3 or 5 years ?

Mr SS

Mine is 3 years, looks at your documents, ask your dealer.

D from Lindfield

D from Lindfieldasked

CX-5 KF Akera AWD, 2.2L Diesel (2017-2020)

Has Mazda solved its diesel engine issues In the 2019 Mazda CX5?
For those complaining about the engine how much highway driving do you do?

IKEA KITCHEN

IKEA KITCHENasked

CX-5

Have the black cloth seats (CX5 Maxx sport) been treated in any way?

Jodi M.asked

CX-5

Just got my 2019 Akera. I have terrible reflections from the dash (where the HUD is) to the windscreen. It changes in different light conditions, so sometimes “flickers”. Incredibly distracting. It is resolved by wearing polarised sunnies, but this really dulls the heads up active display. It also occurs with at night with overhead street and With tunnel lighting. In these intances glasses can’t be worn.
I didn’t notice it when I test drove the car (May have had my sunglasses on) and now it’s so bad I regret buying it. Apart from the reversing camera, I otherwise love the car.

Wiesiek
Wiesiek

I think you can adjust level of HUD intensity, with my super duper polarized glassed display is almost invisible

Jodi M.

Thanks. Yeah it’s not so much the HUD, more the trim around it that creates a box like efferct

Mickasked

CX-5

Who else’s Diesel engine has ceased to never work again?

Paul

Paulasked

CX-5

I have a 2019 CX5 Akera diesel. Sometimes the reversing camera monitor stays on for up to 30 seconds after moving the gear shift into Drive. It's only nuisance value, but can the reversing camera be adjusted to make it turn off as soon as Drive is selected?

Kevin G
Kevin G

Sorry Paul, my CX5 is a 2012 petrol model and I have no problem with the reversing camera.

Jodi M.

Mine does this. But it switches to forward camera. Guess it assumes you want guidance out of the parking space??

Timea L.

Timea L.asked

CX-5

I just bought a Mazda CX-5 diesel and on car sales it says it should be doing minimum 892km to a tank but I’ve been only getting 530kms ish I’ve filled up twice so I’m just wondering what’s going on or if it’s because it’s new??

Mick

Ours claimed it ran at 7.2l per 100km and it never was lower than 10.5l per 100km. Mazda lie

Joshua N.

You just can’t read fine print Mick. Straight off the Mazda website “ Fuel consumption figures are based on ADR 81/02 test results. They are useful in comparing the fuel consumption of different vehicles. They may not be the fuel consumption achieved in practice. This will depend on traffic, road conditions and how the vehicle is driven.” every manufacturer has this disclaimer. I easily get under 7/100 in my 2.5L petrol on the highway.... if there’s only two people, no extra weight and only at 100k’s. Around town it’s constantly around 10.5-12/100. Learn before you speak

Maggie3029

Maggie3029asked

CX-5 KF Maxx AWD, 2.5L Petrol, Automatic (2017-2020)

Can you retrofit the 360 degree camera into the 2017 CX 5 Akera?

Glenn L.

Glenn L.asked

CX-5

have a 2012 diesal i put my foot on it going up hill and I lose some power and engine light flashes it fine to drive other wise

Glenn L.

Glenn L.asked

CX-5

have 2012 diesel when I put door down going up a hill I lose some power and engine light flashes car fine any other time

Sophieasked

CX-5

I have a 2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring which has a 2.5ltr petrol engine with AWD. The fuel consumption is a fair bit higher than quoted at 11.4 L/100km and the tank empties very quickly. I am not happy with this. I'd be very interested to know what fuel consumption others are experiencing with this particular 2018 engine.

Masum Billah
Masum Billah

I've got 2.2 turbo diesel and fuel consumption is 5.8/100km on average. Very happy with the fuel consumption and I drive on the freeways almost everyday so diesel really suits me in terms of the performance and fuel consumptions. Can't comment on petrol and it's consumption though as I never owned one on mazda. End of the day fuel consumptions are based on where and how you drive, usage of battery etc etc.

Sophie

Thanks for your response Masum. I wish I could drive a diesel as the fuel consumption is half that of the petrol engine I have, however, unfortunately I live on the Northern Beaches of Sydney and due to a lack of freeways most of my driving is at fairly low speed on 60k roads and not suited to diesels.

Joshua N.

Your driving habits are why your consumption is so high. Cruising at highway speed will easily achieve 7.0L/100

Haris K.

Haris K.asked

CX-5

What consumption do you have on CX5 2.0 petrol?