Mazda CX-5

84 questions from our users

Rod W

Rod Wasked

CX-5 KF (2017-2021)

Is it possible to retro fit passive entry door handles to 2021 CX5 Maxx Sport, if so what company in WA can carry this out?
Thanks in advance.

Gary S.

Gary S.asked

CX-5

I have a Mazda CX 5 but when dash would not shut down, I couldn't lock the car. A free igbnition battery replacement didn't solve the problem and I had to order a new Selection Lever Part No MZB45-46-100D at a cost of $1160 fitted. Apparently as I was told by a service person at local Mazda dealership, the previous model would have fixed this problem by exchanging a simple microswitch, which is integrated into a more substantial part into the pre 2016 model. Can this be true? Do I have any redress with Mazda...or do we just give up on such seeming examples of design idiocy and apparent money making from we poor consumers? Gary Sydney Australia

Tush

Tushasked

CX-5 KE.II (2015-2016)

Any one heard about auto transmission failure in CX-5 AWD GT model 2015?

Tony T

Tony Tasked

CX-5

2020 Mazda CX-5 Akera. Tailgate will not open if iStop stopped the engine before turning the ignition off.

Is anyone else experiencing this

Kath

Kathasked

CX-5

I have a Mazda cx5 model 2014. Immaculate condition and all required services done to it. Mileage is 60k. Over the last 2 years I have had a new battery put in and each time the average fuel consumption has risen severely when it is replaced. Resetting info button for the consumption always give different readings. Any ideas..thanks guys

carol fraser

carol fraserasked

how many kls can i expect to get out of my mazda cx5 2.2 diesel 205 model

Wayne

Wayneasked

Considering buying cx5 Akera 2.5turbo any response would be good

David A.
David A.

Have a new CX-5 Turbo petrol. Great car cant fault it. Looked at Toyota and Subaru . The Mazda finish over all way better not full of hard plastic like the Toyota. Subaru not to bad but having a CVT transmission put me off.

Sophie T.asked

CX-5

Hi guys, I’m looking at buying a Mazda CX-5 2012 sports model diesel, only done 120,000 k’s. Wondering what your experiences are with it?

Nathan
Nathan

Hi Sophie, what do you plan on using it for? Family? Car seats? Bootspace?

Based on the reviews overall most people will have had a positive experience but it really all depends on your circumstances and what you hope to get from it :)

Sophie T.

Single parent, just around town with my dog in the boot m. The odd bigger drive 250 km.

Sasho

Sashoasked

CX-5

hi guys , i was just wondering has anyone has installed a catch can on Mazda CX5 turbo diesel 2.2 liter engine

Michelleasked

CX-5

Hi, I am looking at buying Mazda CX 5 2.0 sport 2020 but after reading reviews concerned at petrol consumption & using more because it doesnt have the power. I live regional but usually drive short distances & planning on a few trips up the coast & using for sleeping in the back. I had toyota corolla which was great on fuel but need a bigger car for carrying thins & sleeping in. Car brokee says it should be fine. Michelle

AbFab
AbFab

I’m a city driver but drove 140 klms today - no problem, quarter of a tank. Used to drive a Jeep Cherokee so the Mazda is a dream!

Thank you. Good to know.

jared b.

jared b.asked

CX-5

Have a 2016 limited edition.
Wanting to know if there is a way to view how many km I have left to go before I need fuel. Most new cars have this. But not sure. Thanks

Ay R.
Ay R.

Info button on the steering wheel will cycle through different options on the instrument panel screen.

Trishasked

CX-5

Purchased CX-5 November 2012 and have driven 65,600 kms and no off road, now the diff has failed and when inspected found to have water inside and completely rusted out! Has anyone else had this problem or know if this problem?

sccouple
sccouple

Hi Trish
Have not seen this problem with a CX5 before. However, saw that a number of new Fords and Toyotas in nth qld experienced similar problems after the Townsville floods.
Early 2012 saw huge amounts of rain and inundation in nsw. Dont wish to be a harbinger of nasties, but wondering if this is a coincidence.

Trish

Maybe, but I didn’t buy it until Nov 2012 and the dealer was waiting on it, but I will look into the weather patterns for that year. Thank you for the info

Sanasked

Hi fellow CX-5 Owners,

Hope you are all doing well during these times,
I have a Mazda CX5 2019 GT turbo version bought in July 2019. My family loves this car, but since Feb'2020 we are hearing water movement noises from the center console for few moments when I accelerate, moving the vehicle from stopped state. Also the noise is heard when changing gear position when car is ON, basically when the car/engine moves/rattles this water noise is audible from center console. This is bothering much for last 4 months. Has any body else had this issue and any fix you can recommend.
I have informed the dealer thrice so far in last 3 months but with no luck. Sorry for a very long post.

Let me explain each of those instance in detail:
1. First time - I reported to the dealer during the car's first service that 10000k/1 yr in March'2020, the dealer informed me that they drained all door and other places where rain/carwash water stored, but they could not replicate the issue of water sounds from center console. And asked me to monitor.

2. The issue was still there hence I took the car back to dealer after 3 weeks and a service person came along for a test drive to hear the noise, he could hear the noise and noted in service sheet, but again at the end of the day they said they checked everything but could not replicate the issue and asked to monitor again.

3. Now after couple more weeks again the noises are still audible more frequent and louder, took the car again to dealer, service person drove my car to test and he said he heard some noises but said they are not of water but of suspension (I thought he might be right and knows better than me about Mazda cars) left the vehicle for service, at the end of the day I got the car back but the water movement noises are still there. This time I could feel suspension was better as brand new car during first few months.
It is annoying me much, I am concerned if this water might be damaging any parts in the car. I would like to seek help from this community in this regard. Is there a way to escalate to Mazda directly or please suggest any options that I have since it's been 3 times already at the dealer with no help.

Appreciate your time.

Khurshed
Khurshed

Hi,
No idea how can I help. The dealer should fix this as they are also getting this noise/sound.or they should replace the car.
I bought Mazda Akera, having problem with the air conditioning since I bought. Cooling is not good enough. Dosen't correspondent with the adjustment what we made inside.
2. Few times had malfunction 306'camera
3. GPS never upgrade even they try few times
4. Overhead display also comes and go.
But car driver very good.

Thanks for your response Khurshed,

Peter

Peterasked

CX-5 KF Maxx Sport FWD, 2.0L Petrol (2015-2021)

can I use any type of grade petrol in my 2 litre CX 5 Mazda

Jasonasked

CX-5

I have a mazda cx 5 2016 sport maxx diesel awd. I bought it brand new. Initially the range of the tank was upto 990 km on a full tank, but lately I have noticed a decline in the range down to 700 km. Can you advise me what I can do?

Mr SS

Don't know why that is unless you were driving long distance on an open road getting great fuel economy. I have a 2017 CX5 diesel and driving around the city get about 7 liters per 100 kilometers which will show on your trip meter. The math is a 55 liter tank x (100/7) = 785 kilometers per tank.

Jason

Hi Mr SS, taking your maths into account, I'm currently getting 750 km. How can I get the 35 km back?

Gillian B.

Gillian B.asked

CX-5 KF Akera AWD, 2.2L Diesel (2017-2021)

Is the Mazda warranty for 3 or 5 years?

Gillian B.

Gillian B.asked

CX-5 KF (2017-2021)

I have a 2017 cx5 KF series is the Mazda warranty 3 or 5 years ?

Mr SS

Mine is 3 years, looks at your documents, ask your dealer.

David C from Mosman

David C from Mosmanasked

CX-5 KF Akera AWD, 2.2L Diesel (2017-2021)

Has Mazda solved its diesel engine issues In the 2019 Mazda CX5?
For those complaining about the engine how much highway driving do you do?

Mike
Mike

Not much really, does it matter ?

IKEA KITCHEN

IKEA KITCHENasked

CX-5

Have the black cloth seats (CX5 Maxx sport) been treated in any way?

Jodi M.asked

CX-5

Just got my 2019 Akera. I have terrible reflections from the dash (where the HUD is) to the windscreen. It changes in different light conditions, so sometimes “flickers”. Incredibly distracting. It is resolved by wearing polarised sunnies, but this really dulls the heads up active display. It also occurs with at night with overhead street and With tunnel lighting. In these intances glasses can’t be worn.
I didn’t notice it when I test drove the car (May have had my sunglasses on) and now it’s so bad I regret buying it. Apart from the reversing camera, I otherwise love the car.

Wiesiek
Wiesiek

I think you can adjust level of HUD intensity, with my super duper polarized glassed display is almost invisible

Jodi M.

Thanks. Yeah it’s not so much the HUD, more the trim around it that creates a box like efferct

Mazda CX-5