Miele Complete C3 PowerLine

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Questions & Answers

Cat & Dog (SGEA0), Turbo (SGDA3), Comfort TotalCare (SGME0), etc...
Listing monitored by Miele

52 questions from our users

SBC
SBCasked
Complete C3 PowerLine

Wondering if this has a HEPA Filter as it says "either"

Rebecca
Rebeccaasked
Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA0)

We have long pile carpet and our youngest has asthma and dust allergies so wondered if this vacuum works well on long pile carpet. We have an older (10 year old) Miele S5000 and it doesn't have HEPA filters and isn't wonderful on the longer pile carpet either.

Consumer concern
Consumer concern

I have rugs, floor boards. Not sure on long pile carpet.
Tho I would say it would work if on max setting.
Hope this helps

Chris
Chrisasked
Complete C3 PowerLine

Got this vacuum from appliances on line after reading great reviews, have owned now for a little over a month. on the first bag change i have extended the metal tube, only to find that when i have pushed the vacuum forward on the floor that this tube has shortened again, and not able to be locked into place. after trying to figure out what has gone wrong with this, i have emptied the previous bag and found two white semi circle plastic pieces, and two small metal square pieces. these have come out of the tube and are used to lock it in place.
Don't get me wrong, the vacuum other than this is great, very pleased with it, but very disappointed that after only using about 7 times this has happened.

Could someone advise what i need to do to get this replaced please.

Oskar L.
Oskar L.asked
Complete C3 PowerLine

hello, the vacuum is making an acute noise when you switch it off. Also air comes through the grid when the airclean filter sits when you vacuum. Is it about changing the hepa airclean filter?
thanks

Classy C.
Classy C.asked
Complete C3 PowerLine

I bought miele compact c1 from harvey norman , and they sell me extended warranty for $50 extra , i heard good things about these machines , how long they last and is it worth it to get extended warranty ? Tha ms in advance.

Penny S
Penny Sasked
Complete C3 PowerLine Cat & Dog (SGEA0)

I cant get my new C3 Cat and Dog vacuum to maitin suction aftyer fitting a new Miele GN bad(supplied by retailer)
It sucks for a few seconds then stops sucking-I have checked the hose and metal tube

Minerva C.

Never had that problem, but would suggest you contact the Australian Miele service centre and see what they recommend? Try this : https://www.miele.com.au/professional/customer-support-52.htm
Good luck

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Penny, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 (for our New Zealand customers please call 0800 464 353) or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/contact-us-3073.htm (for our New Zealand customers please use https://www.miele.co.nz/domestic/contact-us-3071.htm ) and our team can assist you as soon as possible.

If you believe your appliance needs a service, please use the below self-service page to book an appointment. Australia Service - https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au/ New Zealand Service - https://www.selfservice.miele.co.nz/

For further customer support please visit https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/customer-support-21.htm and for our New Zealand customers visit https://www.miele.co.nz/domestic/customer-support-21.htm .

Kind regards,
Miele Australia.

Jacqui F.asked
Complete C3 PowerLine

Hi all I’ve just bought this vacuum and am having trouble connecting the hose to the unit. I’ve followed the instruction manual and watched some set up videos. Any tips ? I’m normally a very capable person but this has me stumped

Minerva C.

The hose does not connect vertically, but on an angle. If you look closely at the sides of the hose connection, there are two connectors (one on each side) that you hold in with one hand. As you push them in (on that angle), if you don't hold the connectors too tightly, and give the link a small wiggle, they should click into place with an audible "click". The angle is such that the hose "leans" forward over the front of the unit (away from the controls at the other end). Everything on the Miele has an audible click when it goes into place. If it still doesn't work, you're either "aiming" it in the wrong place, or you've tried to force it in and have broken one (or both) of the connectors... Once you've done it, you'll always get it right... Good luck!

Jacqui F.

Thanks Minerva did the trick :)

Sonya R.
Sonya R.asked
Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA3)

Does this vacuum have an electric powerhead?

jono
jono

No it doesn't but it has 6stage electronic suction system which is good enough

JLo
JLoasked
Complete C3 PowerLine

Why won't the brushes on the head turn when I'm trying to clean them.They have done before for easy?

Maryanne Sterling
Maryanne Sterlingasked
Complete C3 PowerLine

I noticed the vacs are all bagged. Do you make any that are bagless as I do not want to have the continued added expense of running my vac

Ian

Hi i don't work for Miele so I'm not sure maybe have a look on the web site, but i will say i have noticed a big difference in the suction power by having a bagged machine and also Godfreys have there own brand of bag if you buy two lots you will get one free and that costs about $40 which should last a good year and maybe more

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Maryanne, thank you for your question. Please find the link below which lists our bagless vacuum cleaners online. Bagless vacuum cleaners - https://shop.miele.com.au/en/vacuum-cleaners/bagless-cylinder-vacuum-cleaners/. Kind regards, Daniel.

Amanda P.
Amanda P.asked
Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA0)

Are they good with dog and cat hair please?

Ian

Hi yes they are we have two border collies that shed hair continually

Amaliaasked
Complete C3 PowerLine Cat & Dog (SGEA0)

I have floorboards and tiles (no carpet), does this Complete C3 Cat & Dog vacuum cleaner work best for my type of house? We also have 1 German Sheppard dog and 1 cat which shed a lot of hair.

Ian

Hi yes the C3 will do the job we have wooden floors and tiles the same as you plus two border collies I vacuum daily with problem And no loss of power I have had the same bag in the machine for about three weeks and still going good

Hope that helps

Awesome, thanks heaps.

jaffakatie
jaffakatie

Having had all sorts of vacuums they all work fine on hard floors, even the really cheap ones. The test comes when trying to extract fine dirt/dust (that the dogs roll in and then bring in on coat and feet) and pet fur from carpet. The miele does a very good job with the latter.

Matt W.
Matt W.asked
Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort Electro (SGPA0)

Hi, the remote control on the telescopic hose. Has broken. Rendering the VC completely useless! Does anyone know where to get a new PCB, or replacement?

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Matt, thanks for your question. Can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Kind regards, Frank.

salata v.
salata v.asked
Complete C3 PowerLine

Do you have this vaccum cleaner in Harvey Norman Alice Springs?

lee
leeasked
Complete C3 PowerLine

miele compact c3 has the carpet indicator light flickering and no power happening. changed all filters and bags. Miele service says i need to drive it in for assessment - this is a big drive with no idea of cost so if you can help out with what this means that would be great. Just so you know Dyson service far superior and parts cheap and replaceable. Service centre for miele very poor. never buy a miele vacuum

David B.
David B.asked
Complete C3 PowerLine

Our C3 was running perfectly until yesterday. My wife reported a smell of something burning and then the unit wouldn't start again. Only one of the lights on the speed control lights briefly and then nothing. I've changed out all filters and made sure the hose was not blocked. Is this perhaps an issue with the cord?
Thanks.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi David, we apologise for the inconvenience. If you take the vacuum back to where you purchased it, they can assist you in resolving the issue. Otherwise, please call us on 1300 464 353 and we can also assist you. Kind regards, Joel.

Andrew M
Andrew Masked
Complete C3 PowerLine

Could the Miele rep please provide information on the power of the C3 model when operating in:

(a) "standard mode" (presumably 2.0kW?), and
(b) "energy saving" mode.

I can see that the C3 is rated at 2000kW, which is presumably the power draw when the vacuum cleaner is used on the standard setting.

However, I cannot find the wattage when the C3 is used in "energy saving" mode?

Usman
Usman

Avoid Miele. Their after sales is disappointing. Vacuum cleaner good for the period of warranty only. If you are looking for a product with two year life then buy cheaper brand and Save money for new one.

bevaau
bevaauasked
Complete C3 PowerLine

How/If the filter needs cleaning?

Michael B.asked
Complete C3 PowerLine

Hi, Ive just bought a C3 Cat & Dog and am also struggling with the bag full indicator. Even before using it with the Powerhead attached its saying the bag is 3/4 fullwhen on full power. Do I simply ignore this? Thanks!

ali

Hi Michael, it's nothing to worry; It shouldn't be like this; either the indicator is jammed because of dirt or needs a little bit adjustment. Watching this video will help you to understand the mechanism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mHGyy0sogQ
It's a simple fix. I am pretty sure Miele customer service will look after that for you.

Michael B.

Thanks ali. I dont think its jammed as when I turn it off it then shows empty. Its as if the moment I put it on the carpet (and short loop weave construction) suction is restricted or compromised and the indicator shows full. Is my carpet the issue? Thats said, I then move onto floorboards and its still displaying full. Perhaps I should blame its predecessor for inadequate hoovering and fine dust has blocked the bag?

ali

Ahhh this is something happening for us as well. This is my guess: I assume your bag is not new and is half full? If so, putting the vacuum on high power suction makes the indicator show full bag as the whole amount of air cant quit from the proper way which is bag to chamber. In contrast, low suction causes most of air flows through proper way so it shows empty bag as the air easily goes from the proper way which is bag to chamber.
This is my understanding, although Miele technician would be the best to ask.

Laura
Lauraasked
Complete C3 PowerLine

Is it good for the short hair carpet? If it is not the best, which one is the best for cleaning a carpet with long hair of a woman glued to the carpet?

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine