No Pong

Original, Bicarb Free

9 questions from our users

Ros M.asked

No Pong Original

Love this product but my armpits are turning blackish. Why is this? Not sure I'll be able to use it in summer with sleeveless tops

M Ng
M Ng

Try washing armpits with fresh lemons.

Janese H.
Janese H.

My sister has the same problem, she was thinking of trying the bicarb free one. Have you continued using it?

Ros M.

Yes I have for now as its really good but think I'll have to stop when I get into the sleeveless summer clothes sadly

Petaasked

I have been using No Pong original for 2 years now and have found it super effective. The last tin I bought seemed a bit thicker (maybe due to cold weather) but I was wondering if anything had changed in the ingredients as I have had a skin reaction in my armpits. I'm not usually sensitive to things. Thanks, Peta

Merry
Merry

Hi Peta
I am unsure if anything has changed in the ingredients, they are listed on the tin, so would assume they are the same. I am new to using this product and I am very impressed it does what it says, keeps odour away. As an aromatherapist, my theory with the skin reaction on your armpits and thicker in consistency is that maybe a particular batch wasn't mixed properly, for example sweet orange oil which is an ingredient, in too high concentration will cause a skin reaction. I had a small bottle of orange essential oil in my pocket one day and the lid was not on properly and it leaked causing a burn like redness on my skin and a stinging sensation which remained for a few days. Maybe use a little less in each application of your current tin and mix well in your hand pre application. Hope this helps.

Thanks Merry

Persis
Persis

Hi All,

I cannot rave about this product more. I sweat excessively which causes odor and I have finally found a product that works...but when I got my next shipment, it was a bit thicker and has now caused a severe irritation under my arms...almost like a burn.

Can we send it back and get another batch?

anon

anonasked

I just purchased No pong (bought 2 tins) and I have a red rash after 24hrs of using. Is there anything you would suggest to help or should I just stop using it/

Archie
Archie

I had a similar reaction so I stopped using!

Caitlin G.

Caitlin G.asked

Has anyone been experiencing pimples whilst using original no pong? Deep ones and also ones right on the surface... reaction or coincidence? Been using for over a month and they come on and off...???

Jodie M.
Jodie M.

I do also, they don't seem to bother me, just little ones here and there. they don't hurt and they don't seem to last long. I haven't tried the unscented one whether that helps.

Peta

Hi Caitlin, I stopped using No Pong and the irritation cleared up, then tried it again and the pimples and irritated raw skin came straight back. I feel that the last batch of No Pong is not the same as previous batches I’ve used

Francis S.
Francis S.

Same here feels like a clogged pore that got infected and I have it in both arm pits also redness.

Renée B.

Renée B.asked

Has anyone else’s armpits turned to a darker colour after using no pong? I love the fact that it works and is all natural, but unfortunately my underarms are now a dark brown in comparison to the rest of my skin. Anyone else?

mrsfetta
mrsfetta

Yes! This actually freaked me out this morning when I turned the lights on as I usually apply it in the dark before I leave for work! Not a nice look and won't be using at present til I can get rid of this damn stain :/

tjmckay

tjmckayasked

Has anyone tried this with merino shirts? I've had rexona anti-perspirant that leaves a white stain on the shirt...

purin
purin

This product is rather greasy - it won't stain dark shirts white so much as turn light shirts a dull grey under the arms. This can be removed to an extent with cotton by soaking in Napisan for quite a while - obviously not an option with wool. If your Merino is dark you'll be ok, but I'd avoid it with light colours.

M_E

M_Easked

No Pong Bicarb Free

Anyone found an effective way of removing the stains from clothes? I've got a few black dresses that now have white stains around the armpits.

Rain F

Rain Fasked

Is it a wet and sticky substance or is it dry? My boyfriend has been trying natural products but it either doesn't work very welll or gives him a rash as a result of it being wet, encouraging bacteria growth.

Sandy

Sandyasked

No Pong Original

I love the product don't get me wrong. Works like a dream, but the skin has discolored and is now quite dark. Had anyone else had this problem? I'm dark skinned, of Sri Lankan descent.

Dante
Dante

I my self similar skin tone to yourself and no issues with color. Honestly would be hard to tell being a hairy guy:) However for myself, if color did occur I would put up with it because of effectiveness of product. Cheers

Bailes
Bailes

yes me too love this product but have noticed my underarms going dark and I am of Asian decent and have olive skin will put up with it as I love No Pong works a treat just not sure about the underarms in summer ?? anyone else had this issue

Laura B
Laura B

My armpits have gone really dark since using it. I also stared using it since finding out I was pregnant and thought it may have been melasma. However after a bit of research I think it’s the bicarb reacting with my skin. I’m going to give the bicarb free version a go.