Oricom Secure710 Digital

Oricom Secure710 Digital Questions & Answers

370 questions from our users

Taylor N

Taylor Nasked

Is there like a reset button?
I've liked this monitor since I got it but lately it doesn't seem to alert us when our baby wakes. I hear him and the monitor doesn't even register ... Bizzare it's just started happening it's only 7 months old

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Taylor, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear and would love to troubleshoot with you to have the issue resolved. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Ally J

Ally Jasked

I have recently bought a secure 740
Can my 710 camera be added?
I’m having problems with synching

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Ally, thanks for the message. The SC710 camera is not compatible with the SC740 unit. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Bianca W.asked

Hi I just brought a second camera for my s710 monitor and it won't register it just keeps coming up with our of range on parent screen I have tried numerous times. Have tried camera setting 2,3 and 4 just incase but still nothing

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Bianca, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Bianca W.

I am in nz not Australia so that could be quite difficult are there any other options.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Bianca, please give us a call on our NZ number: 0800 674 266 (NZ 10am - 8pm). All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Louise H

Louise Hasked

My sc710 parent unit won’t turn on. Power light is orange. Have replaced the battery With a new one but unit won’t turn on. Unit is 2.5 years old.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Louise, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Alana G.

Alana G.asked

Hi there,
Can I connect a secure705 camera to a secure710 unit?
If so How do I go about disabling it from the 705 unit?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Alana, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and we can discuss your options. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Brooke G.

Brooke G.asked

My Oricom monitor lights up when my baby makes noise but the screen won’t return to ‘sleep’ mode when all is still and quiet. I have to manually turn it off. This is causing the battery to drain if I don’t have the parent unit on charge plus it’s annoying at night time if the screen remains lit. Any help to fix this would be appreciated :)

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Brooke, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss with you to have the unit working as you intend, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Tara W.

Tara W.asked

Hello, i have purchased another oricom secure 710 as my parent unit was playing up but I needed two cameras anyway as baby num 2 is nearly here. Anyway this new one I have plays the lullaby but won't go to a blank screen on the parent unit. I want music in the baby's room but I don't want to continue listening to music myself? My old parent unit worked fine for that so no idea how to fix this.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Tara, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Kendall

Kendallasked

I have 2 X s710 (2 monitors and 2 cameras)
Both cameras were paired with one monitor.
I would like to unpair them and have one camera per monitor. How can I do this?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Kendall, thanks for the message. Please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Nari

Nariasked

I have had my Oricom for over a year now and works well. Sometimes when I push the button to see if my son is sleeping okay I see a person but it goes quickly. I’m wondering if the camera has a delay in it when I turn it on? Coz it’s scared me a few times only happened twice to me.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Nari, thanks for the message. Could you please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Vanessa V.

Vanessa V.asked

Hi,
My 710 has started randomly dropping out. Just for a few seconds at a time then it reconnects but it keeps waking me up.
Why would it be doing this? Is it on its way out?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience, and for this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Scott

Scottasked

The sound on my baby monitor is not working and it won't come back on no matter how much I turn it up. The picture is fine and the microphone so I can soak is worrying but no sound comes through the monitor.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Scott, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Jonny

Jonnyasked

Hi, we have had this for just over (literally) 3 years and for whatever reason the monitor will not turn off when nothing is happening in the room. Currently have to put a black sock over it as it is on all the time at night and obviously keeps us awake. Any suggestions as to why the monitor won’t turn off? Thanks

Krik

Krikasked

Hi I have this unit which I love, one of my cameras has stopped working, the red light doesn’t even come on, I’ve tried a different cord and batteries but nothing... is there any trick I might be missing?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to assist. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Steven S.

Steven S.asked

I have an SC710 with two cameras attached. While they are scrolling/scanning between the two we have a constant background static buzz through the speaker that is too load for us parents to sleep through. Any thoughts?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Steven, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear that and would love to discuss with you. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Chloe G

Chloe Gasked

Can I pair my 705 parent unit to a 710 camera? Or can I buy a 705 camera?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Chloe, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and we can discuss your options. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Lauren

Laurenasked

My oricom monitor will often freeze. So I think my child is asleep as I see a sleeping baby in his cot but if I turn the monitor off and on to reset the footage updates to an awake child. It’s in vox mode.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Lauren, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to look into this for you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Elle G.

Elle G.asked

Our secure710 is only 6 months old and the last day or so the parent monitor is completely switching off and I Have has to hold down the power button to view our baby. It’s on the dock and is plugged into the mains.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Elle, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and for this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Danielle S.

Danielle S.asked

Hi, I have 710 with 2 cameras. Can you have it blank until one of them makes a sound? On scan mode it just stays on continually. Or if I put it on camera 1 or 2 then I can’t hear the other...

Blondie
Blondie

No it flicks between the screens leaving it on all night. You can't get a decent night sleep as it makes the room so bright.
Such a poor design, biggest waste of money.

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Danielle, thanks for the message. The Scan mode means that the screen will cycle between connected cameras displaying the video and audio feed for each camera, before progressing to the next one connected. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

gondy_2

gondy_2asked

Im wanting the screen to stay on, on the parents part of the oricom baby monitor it goes black after a few minutes and I cant hear anything or see my baby and I have to press the power button for it to show back up how can I make the screen just constantly stay on

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. you would need to adjust the VOX settings to off. As per User Guide page 11 of the User Guide:

4.10 Voice Activation
The sound detection sensitivity level (VOX) of the baby monitor can be adjusted. If the baby is a quiet sleeper,
the sensitivity level can be increased so that minor disturbances can be detected and transmitted to the parent
unit.
(1) Press <MENU> repeatedly until [VOX lllll / VOX OFF ] appears on the LCD display.
(2) Press <UP> and <DOWN > to adjust the VOX level to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or OFF.
(3) When the VOX function is on (level 1 to 5), the LCD display will switch off after a 1 min if the detected sound
is below the level selected.
(4) Press <MENU> button to confirm the selection. And press <MENU> several times until no menu icon shows on LCD, ie. back to monitor mode.
NOTE:
1/ Level 5 is the most sensitive and so will need to be the quietest before the LCD will switch off.
2/ The LCD screen on the parent unit will be switched back on when the sound level of the baby reaches the VOX threshold or when any key on the parent unit is pressed.
3/ The VOX function is not active when in Camera Scan mode.

All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Rachel

Rachelasked

Hi, my monitor camera screen keeps showing a green pixelated picture. Its fine on the menu screen but once it goes back to the camera it will show a broken up green picture again. Is there anything I can do to rectify it?

Oricom SupportOricom

Hi Rachel, thanks for the message. For this one, we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives