Pentair Rebel

Pentair Rebel Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Pentair? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

83 questions from our users

Allison H.
Allison H.asked

Hi, My Rebel is getting stuck at the bottom of the wall where ever i put it in my pool. We have recently had the pump replaced and it worked fine before that. I have tried changing the section level and have checked for derbies. Any suggestions?

Silly
Sillyasked

the filters are clean, great suction, no blockages, the cogs are all good, the valve in the skimmer box is fully closed to fast BUT the wheels are only turning 5 times per minute . Any advice please!

Persianasked

Cleaner constantly spins in circles; wheels turning in opposite direction. Remedial action ?

Alisa S.
Alisa S.

I’m having the same problem! What did you do?

Persian

The online video suggests buying their repair kit. Don’t! Frustrated, we replaced the Pentair rebel with new and different cleaner. Persian

Pam L.
Pam L.asked

My rebel keeps climbing walls too high and sucking air and resetting my pump it is annoying as it happens every 5 min how do I stop this

Robyn L.
Robyn L.asked

Why does my pentair cleaner keep turning in circles and then the hose tangles up?

Megan
Megan

Ours was two years old and was doing this - we got the tune up kit from a pool store as one of the wheels was only going on one direction. It now works well and was cheaper than buying a new one

Andrew W.
Andrew W.asked

why does my pentair keep turning in circles

Deeasked

The wheels have stopped turning and seem to be stuck, how do I fix ?

Peter
Peter
Dee

Thanks, there was debris stuck in the gears.

James.s
James.sasked

Hi we have a rebel 2 and recently when connected it will not move,if I take the hose of under water it sucks my hand in to the hose but when I reconnect the cleaner it does nothing and bubbles come from round the wheels

Ninka

It sounds like you have some debris in your turbine.
Open the top and inspect everything, removing anything preventing the turbine wheel from turning, that should fix it.

Annette G
Annette G
Adso
Adsoasked

Not a question.. but to share my troubleshooting tips.. still stand by my review, that Rebel Cleaners are the 'least-worst' of all the other cleaner options.. particularly for pools with really heavy leaf matter... They are all horrid in their own way...

I manage 2 pools, 1 has a Rebel Mk1 thats still killing it after 3yrs, my Mk2 is about 1.5yrs and was suddenly 'hanging in the deep end' all the time.. it could turn and go straight.. but it wouldn't explore.. even if I removed hoses to restrict how far it could go.

They have a 3yr warranty, so after reading this thread, I called support.. they try to use language to make it sound like its your fault, as if the pool jets are suddenly the problem, or how many hours did you use it.. get past that.. they will also ask for photos. But once you get past that, they sent out a Left-Hand-Drive replacement kit in the mail, honestly if the old one was worn, it was less than a finger-nail worn.. like barely even perceptible.. but damn I replaced it and it started working again... It actually starts climbing walls again, which I realise it must have stopped doing a long time ago.. so clearly the new parts makes it run like a new one again. This is a shame, but at least you have 3yrs of support...

Now, you dont actually want the Rebel climbing walls.. a) it wastes a lot of time, but b) it will generally go up and suck air and make your pump stall.. the tip is to cut something like a kids eraser into 2 halves, and stick one under each tyre, it makes it so the rebel will lose its traction on the wall and fall back down, and doesn't impact its movement along the floor.

Ninka

I agree, least worst is a good description. At least all the gears and shafts are available as spare parts so after 2 or 3 years, it can be rebuilt.

Chris
Chrisasked

Pintar pool cleaner staying in same area of Paul

Pod
Podasked

Hi, my pentair rebel 2 gears (or whatever makes it go) do not appear to be engaging. After it swivels to change direction, it then tries to go in a straight line but just continues to go in tiny circles/swivels.

Larry H.
Larry H.asked

Have replaced both left and right drives. Cleaner still only goes in a straight line. What else needs to be replaced. Thank you.

Ricardo Ross
Ricardo Rossasked

My pentair robot turns in circle I leave it 24 7 in pool what's the solution?

Simon T.
Simon T.asked

Hi, how can you tell the difference between a Rebel 1 and 2?

TheLoneRangerasked

On my Rebel 2, I fitted the Tuneup kit but now the stupid thing pirouettes on one wheel, runs forward a couple of feet then does 360 turns on the one spot before repeating the sequence. One wheel seems to lose traction even though it has new tyres. I have played with the the suction pressures, adjusted the suction pipe weight (plastic), checked for blockages, it refuses to even attempt to climb a wall - small pebbled - the drive shaft and everything was only replaced about 6 months ago. Going to take my chainsaw to it very shortly. Local Rebel dealer says he has seen the tyres run out of tread in less than 6 months and excessive wear on the drive shaft as well. I can adjust the suction from suck-yer-arm-off to no suction at all! Heap of junk it would appear!

Kathleen
Kathleen

check the kit model I fell for that and spent $150 on a tuneup kit but it turned out the kit was for the Rebel1 version hence does not work.

TheLoneRanger

Thanks for that, definitely Rebel 2, it worked fine for a few months but after fitting a new sand filter it has gone nuts!

TheLoneRangerasked

On my Rebel 2, I fitted the Tuneup kit but now the stupid thing pirouettes on one wheel, runs forward a couple of feet then does 360 turns on the one spot before repeating the sequence. One wheel seems to lose traction even though it has new tyres. I have played with the the suction pressures, pipe weight (plastic), checked for blockages, it refuses to even attempt to climb a wall - small pebbled - the drive shaft and everything was only replaced about 6 months ago. Going to take my chainsaw to it very shortly. Local Rebel dealer says he has seen the tyres run out of tread in less than 6 months and excessive wear on the drive shaft as well. Heap of junk it would appear!

Dianna
Diannaasked

My lil rebel vacuums with the rollers up. How do I make it vacuum with all of them down?

Jason D.
Jason D.asked

My rebel won’t come out of the deep end of the pool. Just replace both drive shafts and I believe it’s the wheels that need replacement. The wheels seem to be really sloppy. Should I just replace the hub which is a lot cheaper than purchasing two wheels for 100 dollars?

matt w.
matt w.asked

Hi can someone tell me why my rebel cleaner goes onto its side (on one wheel) it was working perfect now just does this continuously, only 5 months old. Thankyou

John T.
John T.

Buy the Pentair float which fits about 18" from the cleaner head on the vacuum hose. It will solve your problem.

Mick
Mickasked

Purchased my Rebel Pentair back in 2013 and have been reasonably happy with it. Have used the tune up kit on a couple of occasion to replace cogs, wheels etc. Have just purchased a new tune up kit but appear to have bought the Pentair 2 kit by mistake. from what I can make out from the adverts, it appears to have very similar, if not the same, components with the exception being the tyre tread. It is in the mail already so I’m likely stuck with it, so can anyone confirm, other than the tyres, what other differences there are with this kit and what likely won’t work/fit in my old machine? Thanks, Mick

Patriot
Patriot

My suggestion is to call the manufacturer or if you have a pool 'store' nearby perhaps they can help.

Other Suction Pool Cleaners