Philips L'OR Barista Latte

29 questions from our users

Kay

Kayasked

Hello
The machine was working perfectly well for a few months until last week when it didn't make any coffee at all and only dispensed water. I've descaled the machine the problem persists. What should I do?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Kay, thanks for reaching out. It's unfortunate to hear you're having some issues with your coffee machine, and we can imagine this must be quite disappointing. We'd like to have a closer look into this for you, so can you reach out to us directly? You can reach us on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand.

We look forward to hearing from you.

pcameron64

pcameron64asked

L'OR Barista Latte LM8018/90

The capsule loading mechanism is jamming when opening to either load or eject capsule - is this reparable or parts available?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for your question. We'd love to take a closer look at that for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ).

Karen G

Karen Gasked

L'OR Barista Latte

Which pods can I use please?

Khrome
Khrome

Any that are suitable to use in a Nespresso machine. Just look on the side of the box as there are several types of pods. L'OR have their own pods which are great.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Karen, thank you for your question! We'd like to inform you that the L'OR Barista coffee machine has been designed to work with L’OR Espresso single-shot capsules and L’OR Barista double-shot capsules, as well as with Nespresso capsules and aluminum capsules from coffee brands produced by Jacobs Douwe Egberts, such as Douwe Egberts, JACOBS, Jacqmotte, Jacques Vabre, Grand Mère, L'OR, Marcilla, Moccona, Saimaza and Senseo. Wishing you a nice rest of the week.

carmel.hunter.5

carmel.hunter.5asked

L'OR Barista Latte

I have loved the Lor Barista machine and it has worked perfectly untill now, problem is no coffee coming through with the water?
Tried all the trouble shooting suggestions and descaled

Philips S.Philips

Hi Carmel, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy you are satisfied by your L'OR Barista! However, it is unfortunate to hear that it is giving you an hard time lately. As you may have already read in our troubleshooting section, this kind of issue is usually due to a dirty coffee outlet or a misplaced or not filled enough water tank. Since you said you already tried following the advice and to descale the machine, we would like to look into it for you. Please, feel free to contact us via phone at this number: 1300 363 391. There, we will be able to collect more information about your appliance and assist you further. Looking forward to hearing from you!

ALP

ALPasked

L'OR Barista Latte

The lever/lid isn't closing on my coffee machine. I have cleared out all of the empty pods and still no luck.

Please help!

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, we're happy to see how we can help. We advise you to contact our colleagues via the below number for further assistance:

Call us
1300 363 391

Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST

Hope to hear from you.

jgl123

jgl123asked

L'OR Barista Latte LM8018/90

Hi, I was just wondering - what's the purpose of the grey plastic tool that was included in the box (15 cm long handle with scraper/wedge on the end)?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks fro asking. We like to get in touch and see how we can help. We advise you to contact our product experts directly via the below number for further assistance:

Call us
1300 363 391

Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST

Mayday

Maydayasked

L'OR Barista Latte

Has anyone experienced a bad plastic/ electrical taste in their new machine. I purchased one today and the machine smelled of plastic so I washed all plastc with warm soapy water, rinsed thoroughly, then ran just water through the machine using six chambers of water. Still bad odour not as bad as first chamber of water. Thought to try the water to make tea ( not wanting to test coffee pod as cant compare flavours, I know what my tea should taste like) and still it both tastes and smells bad. Was considering using vinegar but looking for advice first.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you are experiencing a plastic taste while preparing your beverages. Please have a look here for instruction on how to prepare your machine before first use: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/l/lm8018_90/lm8018_90_dfu_eng.pdf?_ga=2.77762452.164599613.1592810618-1305919570.1574845992#page=5. If this doesn't solve the issue, feel free to contact us through: (AU) 1300 363 391 or (NZ) 0800 658 224.

Bec S.

Bec S.asked

L'OR Barista Latte

From someone who doesn't drink coffee, I'm looking to purchase a machine for my dad's 70th and this one looks ideal. I'm just not sure how the pods work. Can you buy pods from anywhere and use them in this machine? eg. the pods you buy at Coles, or do I need to purchase a specific brand? Thanking you in advance. :)

Philips S.Philips

Hi Bec, thank you for your interest in our L'or Barista Latte. We recommend using the L’OR aluminum capsules, which are available online at www.lorespresso.com and in shops. However, you can also use other brands. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We hope your dad will enjoy his new L'OR Barista Latte machine!

Mars H.asked

L'OR BARISTA LATTE
Hi, I have just purchased this machine and would like to know if the Nespresso Vertuoline pods will work with this.

IIW
IIW

hmm i am not sure unfortunately. however i know the normal ones work

Mars H.

Thank u, I hope got an answer from Philip expert soon:)

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Mars. Thanks for your question. Those will not work with the L'Or Barista machine, as they are different from the regular Nespresso capsules. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know, or reach out to our Consumer Support team on 1300 363 391 (Monday to Saturday, from 7am to 7pm).

Sidney M.

Sidney M.asked

L'OR Barista Latte

Ive just noticed these machines have now been discontinued.. Any particular reason why?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Sidney, thank you for your question! If you have a look at our website, you'll see that there are various (online) retailers that still offer the L'OR Barista. For more information about the availability, please contact our colleagues at 1300 363 391. Wishing you a nice rest of the week.

A cap

A capasked

L'OR Barista Latte

Are Aldi coffee pods compatible with the l'or machine?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your question. The L'OR BARISTA coffee machine has been designed to work with L'OR Espresso single shot capsules and L'OR BARISTA double shot capsules, as well as Nespresso and most Nespresso compatible capsules. We hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us directly on on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ).

veeasked

James

They are a different shape to the original Nespresso Pods so I don’t believe they will work

vee

Thanks. Has anyone bought and successfully used the stainless steel reusable pods, specifically the ones with the stainless steel lid not the sticker.

Marcia

Marciaasked

L'OR Barista Latte

What other pods are compatible with this machine

James

Nespresso Pods are able to be used with this machine.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there Marcia, thanks for your question.
As James has mentioned, the L'or barista range can be used with Nespresso capsules, and most other Nespresso compatible capsules.
For further questions, please feel free to contact our Consumer Care Team on 1300 363 391 (Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm EST).

Jaemie C.
Jaemie C.

Do the Starbucks capsules work in this machine ?

Crystal Q.

Crystal Q.asked

L'OR Barista Latte

Why does the on off button flash fast after the water has been dispensed? Is this normal?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Crystal, thank you for reaching out. We advise you to contact our product team, as they could assist you the best way. You could contact them via: 1800 033 450 from Mondays to Fridays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We hope this information helps you!

ains1956asked

L'OR Barista Latte

Just purchased a new Phillips lor coffee machine. Followed the instructions to clean for the first time but no water is dispensed! Did all the troubleshooting tips still no good. Taking it back to the Good guys, disappointed!

James

Make sure that the water reservoir (the plastic tube) is seated properly otherwise it won’t work and no water will come out

ains1956

I’ve done that several times?

ains1956

I’ve noticed the push down lid where the pods go doesn’t close evenly?

Suzyasked

Hi guys,
Any reason you haven't introduced hot chocolate pods or which ones would be compatible with my L'OR Barista :)

Philips S.Philips

Hi Suzy, thank you for reaching out to us here.

We'd like to refer you to our product specialists for more information. You can reach them directly on 0800 836 761 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help. :)

Tompatae

Any Nespresso* compatible hot chocolate capsules will fit the L’OR machines and are available in supermarkets.
When I make hot chocolate I just use the milk heater/frother on my L’OR to heat the milk and use regular drinking chocolate powder in the mug, just as easy as a capsule and cheaper.

Thanks for that :)

Google Travelerasked

L'OR Barista Latte

I am very fussy with my milk temperature.
Can you confirm that the frother heats milk to 74C ?
Hope so - that is ideal for me.

SydneyPaula
SydneyPaula

Actually, although its small, the frother worked great and it did get the milk very hot. I didnt take the temperature of the milk but it was hot! I remember being surprised because I'm very fussy about my milk as well. I took my whole machine back after a couple days. I was too use to my big breville espresso machine so the coffee that came out of this machine was disgusting IMO. I tried a few different brands as well but I just didnt like it. If you're not fussy about your coffee then the machine will probably work great for you because the frother works great.

Google Traveler

Thank you for your input.
Much appreciated.

James

It creates a perfect temperature that mixes with the coffee very well and doesn’t make it so it’s boiling hot a good temperature so you can take a sip without burning your lips.

I have a seperate larger frother because it will do one cup at a time which is time consuming and takes time to cool down.

Very happy with the machine and if doing only one coffee it’s great to have.

Brett O.asked

L'OR Barista Latte

Didn't any one notice when the machine was first used it tasted like plastic

James

As part of the startup and first use they recommend you let the machine run without the pod in to clean out anything in the system. When I first used it I did that and didn’t have any issues myself

Brett O.

Thanks James and I did that even put boiling water thru it no pod and washed the water tank out still a plastic taste thanks for your help

Philips S.Philips

Hi Brett. Thanks for flagging this here. It's unfortunate to hear your new coffee machine isn't giving you the great tasting coffee you expected. We advise making a few cups of coffee with used pods to see if this improves the situation. In case it doesn't you can reach out directly to us on 1300 363 391 from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST for Australia. Hope this helps. :)

Karen

Karenasked

L'OR Barista Latte

Can the Philips L'OR Barista Latte use the L'OR capsules as well as the Espressotoria Vittoria Coffee Capsules??

I like to have many choices

James

The L'OR Barista coffee machine has been designed to work with LOR Espresso single-shot capsules and LOR Barista double-shot capsules, as well as with Nespresso* capsules and aluminum capsules from coffee brands produced by Jacobs Douwe Egberts, such as Douwe Egberts, JACOBS, Jacqmotte, Jacques Vabre, Grand Mre, L'OR, Marcilla, Moccona, Saimaza and Senseo. https://www.lorespresso.com.au/siteassets/redesign-2019/user-manual-lor-barista.pdf

Tompatae

Personally as I like my coffee strong I always use the excellent L'OR Double shot capsules, these are the only double shot capsules that fit the L'OR Barista machine and there is a great range of blends with a wide variety of flavours. If you are happy with a single shot capsule then you can use either L'OR capsules or any of huge range of Nespresso* compatible capsules widely available.

Renee Lasked

L'OR Barista Latte

I'm ready to purchase but confused with LM8014/60 and LM8018/90. What's the difference?

Tompatae

There is no difference functionally, both machines have the same specification and will make coffee exactly the same, the only difference is, or was when I bought mine, the LM8014/60 is high gloss black and the LM8018/90 is a matte finish with aluminium trim.

Hi Renee,

Tompatae is right, the only difference is the paint finish of the unit and it's parts. :)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Renee L

Thanks Tompatae, Philips AU team, matte it is. Great deal going on with redemption and cash back.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives