17Philips L'OR Barista Latte

Philips L'OR Barista Latte Questions & Answers

info
info · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

hi, my unit is brand new. wont brew anything out of the spouts like it should, water ends up under the unit as if it is brewing like normal. The tank is fitted correctly just wont brew coffee, water dispenses as the cycle runs, but not to the coffee cup, it all ends up on the counter under the machine.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your L'OR Barista. If the machine is brand new, it might be a faulty one. We'd be happy to have a look into this with you and find a fitting solution. Please feel free to contact us at 800 854 885 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST and 1300 80 58 65 (AU) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST. One of our colleagues will be happy to help you out. Kind regards,

Linda P.
Linda P. · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

Crema

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Thank you for your comment on the L'or barista LM8012/60. Do you have any questions or remarks about the product or its features? We would love to hear your feedback and suggestions. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 800 854 885 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST and 1300 80 58 65 (AU) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST. One of our colleagues will be happy to help you out.

midnightskye
midnightskye · L'OR Barista Latte

When I put a large pod in the machine, the lever closes smoothly. When I put in a small pod or it's empty, the lever is very hard to press down and pops up, unless you really heavily force it closed. Is this normal or is there a problem with the machine?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, thank you for your question! You should not have to use much force in order to close the lever of the L'Or Barista. We'd kindly recommend contacting our colleagues at +61 1300 80 58 65 (Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 17:00 AST) if you live in Australia or at +64 800 854 885 (Monday - Friday: 11:00 to 19:00 NST) if you live in New Zealand. Then they can see how they can be of assistance. Wishing you a good weekend! Kind regards,

Sarah
Sarah · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

The water is not dispensing through the machine. The water tank is in the correct place. I have tried the descaling instructions but the wayer does not come through the machine. How can I resolve this? Any ideas as I am losing patience with it? Sarah

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Sarah, thank you for your question. We regret to hear that your L'Or Barista is no longer dispensing water and that you're no longer able to descale the device. We kindly recommend contacting our colleagues at +61 1300 80 58 65 (Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 17:00 AST), so they can look into possible solutions. We hope that you can soon use your device without issues again. Wishing you a good week. Kind regards,

Jim C.
Jim C. · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

Lungo light is flashing quickly (by itself, not along with the other one that indicates decaying is needed). The machine no longer functions, even after powering off and on again and unplugging and attempts to reset do not work. The machine is effectively non responsive at this time. Model is 8112/60A

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Jim, Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that your espresso machine is not functioning properly, we can imagine how inconvenient this must be. This warning light is typically an indicator that the water tank is either empty or not positioned correctly - we therefore advise you double-check this if you haven't already.

Tracy B.
Tracy B. · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

Hello, where can I purchase XXL LOR pods. I'm having trouble with my machine not piercing the pods. It's a suggestion Phillips make to correct the problem, but it seems it is another problem in finding stockists.
Regards Tracy

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Tracy, Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that you're facing this issue with your L'OR espresso machine. If you were advised to purchase the XXL capsules, we unfortunately are not sure where you can purchase these as they are not sold directly on our website. We advise you to conduct a Google search (including your country of residence) to search for other potential retailers. For instance, have you checked Amazon?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us at 800 854 885 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST and 1300 80 58 65 (AU) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST. One of our colleagues will be happy to help you out.

Bruce R.
Bruce R. · L'OR Barista Latte

Are there any other brand coffee size capsules compatible with lor?

Carmela H. · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

Machine not drawing water from tank

Keith G.
Keith G.

Same issue. Tank is in correct place, but the machine is not drawing water from the tank. Tried everything I can think of. The valve on the bottom of the tank is fine. Any ideas?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Carmela and Keith, thank you both for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about the issues with you L'Or Barista. If no coffee or only a few drops of coffee are coming from the spout of your L'OR Barista coffee machine, this can often easily be the result of a Coffee dispensing spout cap that is missing, a clogged spout, build up limescale or an unpierced coffee capsule.

Make sure that the coffee dispensing spout cap is placed onto the coffee outlet. Remove the coffee outlet by pulling it straight down and reassemble the two parts to make sure it is in the right place, complete and free of clogging.

Beside this it is also possible that the internal circuits are clogged up with limescale, which could block the water flow. Descale your coffee machine regularly to prevent this from happening.

If you are using a small or normal-sized coffee capsule in your machine, it could be that it is not being pierced properly. To solve this issue, follow the steps below:

Open the lever and insert a (used) L'OR Barista XXL capsule
Close the lever and open it again to reset the piercing mechanism
Now insert the new small or normal-sized capsule

We hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday -Friday: 09:00 am -05:00 pm EST and 1300 363 391 (AU) from Monday -Friday: 09:00 am -05:00 pm EST. One of our colleagues will be happy to help you out.

Carmela H.

Thank you all good L’Or sent me new machine

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Carmela, Thanks for the update! That's great to hear. Feel free to get in touch with us again any time. :)

Carolina S.
Carolina S.

I'm having the same issue and I'm so frustrated.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Carolina, Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same issue with your L'Or Barista - we can imagine how disappointing this must be. We advise you to try the troubleshoots we shared in this thread if you haven't already.

melanie r.
melanie r. · L'OR Barista Latte

can i put milk pod in the lor barista

Oli C.
Oli C. · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

Hi! I'm wondering what capsules are compatible with the L'or barista sublime machine? I have a family member who religiously uses Aldi Expressi coffee pod machine and has a huge stash of their pods still to be used. He needs a new machine. I was hoping I could convert him to your Phillips brand L'or barista machine, i don't want his current pod collection to go to waste. Would these be compatible?

Mia R
Mia R · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

Hi, I have emptied out all the used capsules and a capsule isn't stuck, but the lever still won't close. I am scared to push too hard down on it, as I feel the plastic will break. Is there something else I can try? Thanks!

Kim
Kim · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

Hi just purchased the L’OR barista ..used 3 times ..now one of the double capsules refuses to release and eject and is completely stuck ..tried piercing a hole in the top of the capsule as per some advice on another page but no good ..tried resetting ..no good ..any advice please

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're having some issues to do this. Could you perhaps reach out to us about this? We're happy to assist. You can reach us through 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday -Friday: 09:00 am -09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday -Friday: 07:00 am -07:00 pm EST. Hope to speak to you soon. Kind regards,

Glenn Lambert · L'OR Barista Latte

Our machine won't heat the milk, the red light comes on and then turns off. We have done multiple resets, cleaned the frother etc.
We purchased the machine Oct 21, and have tried to ring contact centre which says its closed.
Any ideas n what is wrong ?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi, Glenn. Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your Philips L'OR Barista Latte machine. We are sorry to hear that the milk is not becoming warm enough and hope we can help! The milk is heated up to approximately 74°C to ensure the best froth and taste. Milk proteins start to break down and burn if the milk is overheated, so the machine will not heat up the milk warmer than this temperature.
If you need further help, we'd like to refer you to our colleagues for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They're always happy to help!

Glenn Lambert

Thanks for the response, the frother is not heating at all. I am in discussions with the support team.
They are about to send me a new frother, all my testing points to a machine issue.
Can’t complain about the service it’s great.
Glenn

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hello again Glenn, We're glad to hear you're receiving the support you need and arranging a replacement!
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us through 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Dean · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

Hi, our machine flashes the on and off light quickly after each time of use. This warning indicates that it has no water in tank, which is incorrect. I have descaled, but does not run all the way through and lasts about 4 seconds. So i have had to manually run it through. To get a Lungo serve, it has to be run 3 times. And the empty tank warning light flashes each time. I have reset the machine, and cleaned the water tank. Not sure what else to do?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Dean, thanks for reaching out. We'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help. Kind regards,

Dean

Hi Phillips Team, it has now been 3 months since this issue was reported. I called, and got a case number, and then delivered it to a repair agent and informed them that i was told that it was faulty and will be replaced. When i contacted the repair agent 1 month later, they told me they were still working on it. I then received a phone call from Phillips trying to replace it with another unit that di NOT have a milk frother, i declined and said i would wait for the correct replacement to be available. On the 11 Oct i received and txt msg saying that the replacement has been shipped, and it would take 5-10 working days.. The repair agent does not know anything !! We still have not received it.. Can you please chase it up?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Dean, thanks for getting back to us. We regret hearing the communication between you and the department that is arranging the replacement is not exactly going smoothly. We'd advise to get in touch with them directly as they have all the up to date information about your replacement. We assume you have their contact details as well? Hope to hear from you. Kind regards,

HCH
HCH · L'OR Barista Latte

New Machine is turned on all lights working. Coffee comes out hot. Milk frother spinning, blue light is on but milk is not heating up at all.

Kristin P.

If you ever need any help or have any questions, you can reach out to our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Monday to Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST. They will be happy to help you out.

Kristin P.

I don’t work for them- I just sent you this as these are the guys to help you out

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi. Thanks for sharing your comment with us. And thanks, Kristin. You are totally right. However, this issue can be caused by using non compatible/plastic capsules or by the stud plate stuck in the brew chamber. This could happen when closing the lever, the capsule drops and moves a bit the chamber stud plate in the undefined position, thus not holding the pod correctly. With a quick press of the plate you could readjust the position and solve the problem.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, we'd be more than happy to assist you further. You can reach our colleagues directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They're always happy to help!

Uliej · L'OR Barista Latte

Coffee pod is jammed,how do I get it out?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi, thanks for your question. You should be able to remove the coffee capsule if you pen and close the lever a few times with moderate force. Please make sure that your coffee capsules fit the size and model recommendation listed in the user manual. We'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Uliej

I tried everything suggested and it's now broken and I have to buy a new machine and won't be purchasing this brand again as I've only had it for a short time.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hello Uliej, We are sorry to hear this has happened. If the coffee capsules were compatible with your coffee machine, we'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Peter
Peter · L'OR Barista Latte

Is there a Chai latte option for the pods?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Peter, thanks for your question regarding the Philips L'OR Barista Latte coffee machine. You can view the available capsules on the following pages: Australia - external link or New Zealand - external link
Unfortunately we could not immediately see a Chai Latte option, however, you may find an alternative capsule that is similar or just too tempting to ignore! Maybe it is worthwhile to bookmark the above the pages in case a Chai Latte is added in the future ;)

Hussein
Hussein · L'OR Barista Latte

Hi, I went to use my Coffee machine the other morning and after pressing the power button to turn the machine on it the power point button just kept flashing and wouldn’t turn operate.
It normally flashes for 30 seconds and the all the lights turn on and machine is ready for use…
What seems to be the problem?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Hussein, thank you for your question. We're sorry to hear that your L'Or Barista won't operate. Please check if there's enough water in the tank and if the tank is properly placed. If that's the case and your device still isn't functioning properly, please give our colleagues a call at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'd be happy to assist you further. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Marta R
Marta R · L'OR Barista Latte

Hi! I bought some reusable coffee capsules for this machine however, although they look identical to the one-use only ones from l'Or, no coffee is coming through, only water. Is there a specific one that works best with this coffee machine? If so, can you please let me know which one/s so I can purchase them? thanks!

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Marta, thank you for your question. You can find the compatible coffee capsules for your machine on page 7 of the user manual located below: external link

In case you have further questions, we'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Kimberlee H.
Kimberlee H. · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

My Lor machine isn’t piercing the capsules. I’ve emptied the catcher compartments and there doesn’t seem to be any blockages. I can’t figure out why the machine has stopped piercing the pods? HELP PLEASE!!

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Kimberlee, thanks for reaching out to us. We regret to hear that you are struggling to figure out why your Philips L'OR is not working as it should. We'd be happy to help you resolve the issue. Allow us to suggest the following troubleshooting process:
Open the lever and insert a (used) L'OR Barista capsule
Close the lever and open it again to reset the piercing mechanism
Now insert the new small or normal-sized capsule
-This issue can be caused by using none compatible/plastic capsules or by the stud plate stuck in the brew chamber, leaving it in a undefined position. This could happen when closing the lever, the capsule drops a bit and move the chamber stud plate in the undefined position thus not holding the pod correctly. A quick press of the plate performed by the consumer could readjust the position a problem.

Shoud this not resolve the issue, kindly refer to our colleagues for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They're always happy to help!

Get an answer from our members and Philips Domestic Appliances representatives

Select a listing for your question
Philips L'OR Barista Latte