Renault Koleos

Renault Koleos Questions & Answers

HZG (2016-2019) and H45 (2008-2015)

97 questions from our users

2019 koleos life how do stop radio from going off as no good at the drive in

MMB

MMBasked

Koleos H45

Hi - I was going to drive my Renault Koleos (2008, 2.0L diesel, manual) up our fairly steep and short driveway, but immediately after starting the "injection system failure" and "stop" messages flashed up and the engine cut out. Most electronic functions failed. Next morning the error messages had "disappeared', but the car wouldn't start, battery seemed to lack power. I recharged the battery and tried again. Same result, the starter engine tries, but the engine won't start. The yellow engine warning is still on, but the "injection system failure" warning did not light up this time.
Now wondering whether to call a mobile mechanic (but could he fix this problem on my driveway?) or to get it towed to a European car dealership. I live near Sydney, Australia, not many Renault workshops arounds...
Thanks for your time,
Matthias

Ben A.

Ben A.asked

Koleos H45

When stuck in alot of traffic my clutch started to slip and my acceleration was bad

Miroasked

Hey everyone,
Wondering if anyone has came across this issue on the 2017 koleos.
•When the ignition is turned off and the car is parked! The head unit keeps turning on and off unless the lock button is pressed from the key fob also sometimes the display on the unit is off but radios on.
I wonder if there is a reboot that can be done?

Norman M

You can hold the power button on while the car ignition is on but you may need to visit dealer, its under warranty so don’t stress.

Miro

Thanks for the tip, I've just pressed and hold the screens back on, yes it is just wanted to do a bit of research before heading to the dealership.
Cheers

Firenzechickasked

Koleos

I have a 2012 Koleos and while still in the 5 yr warranty, the drivers external door handle has stopped working. Inside worked fine. Koleos replaced it but now another 18 months out of warranty the same thing has happened to the drivers side rear external door handle. Koleos say they know nothing about this occurring but it’s odd! We actually hardly use the rear door handle so wear and tear is not the issue. And it will cost several hundred just for them to look at it as it would involve opening the interior panels. Has anyone else had similar happen?

TeeJay

No but while under warranty, the boot lock ceased and as a result replaced by Renault. I have a 2013 privilege 4wd

Firenzechick

TeeJay my boot lock is dodgy too! I had it fixed by a wrecker when having some panel work done. It’s still not right though and somethings doesn’t latch to open straight away. Haven’t had Renault look at it though. They won’t fond anything even if they did!

Mariana P.

Mariana P.asked

Koleos

Hey i have a 2014 Koleos and i have a few problems with my little beast at first -
1) My front door some times has it moment and i cant open it from the inside but can open it from the outside, at this stage its not a manger concern cause it only happens some times
2) My Bluetooth is no longer working at all
3) and today my Air con and heater stopped working, i turn it on and no air comes out at all i put it on at the back and still not working.
Can someone please assist me with my issues please

TeeJay

You check the fuses. If not this you might need to go to an auto electrician. I haven’t had any issues as such.

Debra

Debraasked

Koleos

I have a 2008 Renault Koleos. Been serviced regularly and has had no problems up to this time. My Koleos has been sitting for 3 months, no driving or starting. It started first time without any issues, however all windows except the drivers window are not functioning. I cannot open them. Is there something I can do to fix this without going to an auto electrician. Also the wipers will not function unless I turn it to the highest speed.

gordon hayes

hello debra i cannot help you with this problem. i know a good auto electrician who can.

Mohammad K.

Mohammad K.asked

Hi guys,
I have renault koleos 2014 engine 2.5 4x4 petrol. i just go outside the city just about 100km i stope car. and then i start again after 10 min car start normal but when i put back gair it gives many alarms check exchast check air inlet and check injection and engine stop. and car system not going to off position. i reset battery but when connect battery car system Turn on directly. i cannot lock door also cannot start car. just on display showing check injection. i visit renault service center they said its ECU damage. and new ECU for this car very expansive.

can we use ECU from 2012 model koleos? as my car is 2014 model

anybody can help?

Superted2012

Superted2012asked

Koleos H45

I have a Koleos 2009 4x4 Privilege model and the Differential gear box has gone on it.
1. Is that a different unit to just a gear box ?
2. Also can I use an Nissan Xtrial Differential unit as a replacement as they share the same Chaise ?

Carrol W.

Carrol W.asked

Koleos H45

Hi Everyone. We have a 2010 Renault Koleos H45 Dynamique Wagon Automatic. Was driving it one day then a yellow light cme on and next day wouldn't drive. Long story short was told it needs new Transmission which would cost $10000.00. My question is does anyone know where I can get a refurbished one in Warrnambool. thank you in advance

Bonny N.

Bonny N.asked

Koleos H45

When I park my koleos 2015 after 3-4 hours it alway sound beep beep beep very loundly, I need to push some button of the car key to make the sound stop. what wrong with this situation can someone give me an advice please

Anne F.

Anne F.asked

Koleos HZG

I have had the soft wear updated twice in side two months & the maps show up as blue lines on a black background like someone forgot to colour it in. Its really heard to read. Anyone else had this problem?

Norman M

Mine is like that but only at night, i think there’s a menu option for auto day/night

robertm

robertmasked

Koleos

I have a 2016 Renault Koleos that I have had the bonnet completely replaced because it was moving about everywhere when experiencing wind pressure. The replacement isn’t much better. Has anyone else had this problem and had it resolved?

Norman M

They’re just light, i had an xtrail with the same issue now i’ve just learned to ignore it, same as when you can see it bouncing around whilst idling in drive without the air con on.

popo

popoasked

Hi i cannot insert my Renault Koleos card why

Dianne W.

Dianne W.asked

Koleos H45

Hi I have a Koleos 09 just wondering about when do I replace timing belt/chain which is it belt or chain thanks

no mneed to

Terence Sandowasked

Koleos H45

Hi guys I have a 2009 renault koleos 2.0l Diesel.I've had the clutch replaced but since then it's randomly cutting out with an exhaust emission on display. Driving fast and slow it cuts out. If it idles it will idle fine for a while then give a rough idle and go dead it won't start after it cuts out but I found if I disconnect the computer box it will start. Any help?

Mookie
Mookie

Sounds like when someone replaced the clutch they did not reattach the sensor wire to the oxygen sensor

Terence Sandow

Thank you any idea where I can I find it google doesn't show much on Renault koleos.

Jackie Hasked

HZG S-Edition

All of a sudden the volume control has stopped working in the radio. Can't turn up or down only mute. Neither the volume knob below main screen or buttons by steering wheel will work?
Can't find anything about this in manual either.

Kylie S.

Hi I was wondering if you had this fixed as it’s just happened to my car

Jackie Hasked

HZG S-Edition

The volume control has just stopped working all of a sudden. You can mute but won't go up or down. Neither the knob under the main screen or the buttons on below steering wheel work. Looked in the manual but can't find anything.

Gary H
Gary H

Sorry I can’t help with this.Just another Renault electrical issue.I hope someone can help because sure as hell Renault won’t be able to

Kylie S.

Hi just wondering if you found out what was wrong with the radio

Jackie H

Hi Kylie, not really I ended up having to book it into the car dealer workshop and they connected it to the computer and reset it and it worked properly again.

Ulricka P.

Ulricka P.asked

Koleos H45

I noticed on Sunday (after the end of daylight savings) that the time does not show on the screen anymore. It shows --:-- and it is also greyed out in settings. Whilst trying to find a solution, I pressed the home button and the navigation system turned itself off and all I could see was the Tom Tom logo flashing on/off even when the car was turned off. Anyway took SD card off, updated on PC, everything came back on again, except for the time. Everything else works fine. Anyone else experienced this?

Peter R.
Peter R.

My Megane did the same thing - no explanation yet ....

bills
bills

I also have this issue!

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives