Renault Koleos

145 questions from our users

Neville

Nevilleasked

HZG Zen (2016-2021)

I cannot hear the other person on the phone on my Renault Kelos Zen 2019. Neither can I hear the ringing. Volumes are all set. I also tried re syncing and it’s still the same.

John C.asked

Koleos

I was just about to buy a koleos when at the last minute I changed my mind and bought a Kia Sportage diesel instead. Phew!

Stevenj32

The Koleos is what it is, the worse part of it is the CVT transmission, so cant get used to it, it rumbles and shakes, its not smooth, only above 100kmh, I think you made the right decision on the Kia, we are selling ours in about 6 months, just before the warranty runs out.

John C.

I have the 2020 Sportage Sx diesel $42 k on road. Grunty when you need it to be, yet frugal when you don't. Highly recommend and no issues so far. Have heard the 8speed can hunt gears in cruise control highway speed but haven't noticed.

Martell

Martellasked

HZG Intens FWD Petrol (2016-2021)

All of a sudden the volume on my stereo won’t increase or decrease. I can hear the radio/music but it’s extremely low that I can’t even make out what is being said/played

Aboozar G.

Aboozar G.asked

hi
I have 2014 renault koleos ,The thermometer shows wrong temperature
why ?

Budgie

Budgieasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

Clutch/brake fluid leaking underneath from gearbox how repair

nima z.asked

Hi all,

I have a 2013 Renault Koleos Phase III, and I am having some issues with it recently. The most important issue is that when I turn the "lights on" while the engine is running, the LED lights on the instrument cluster do not illuminate, but the moment I turn off the engine the lights go on instantly.

The other issue is that the electric side mirrors stopped working suddenly. Also, the dual-zone air conditioning doesn't work and the knobs function separately even when the dedicated button is off.

I have checked all the fuses inside the car and inside the engine bay, but I did not find any faulty fuses.

I really appreciate it if you could advise what should I do to rectify these issues, especially the first and the second ones. Many thanks in advance for your considerations and I look forward to your responses.

Cheers,
Nima

Aboozar G.

Aboozar G.asked

hi every body
I have 2014 renault koleos, how i can update my car navigation system ?

nima z.

Hey, if you have TOM TOM as your navigation system, you need to go to their website and pay. You can update the system for free, but it will not update your navigation.

Peter C

Peter Casked

Koleos

Recently had a new battery fitted to my Koleos,( the correct battery)
Now my radio will not turn on and SatNav not working. Only shows current time on screen.
Checked all fuses and all okay.

Any suggestions?

Peter C

Elaine

Elaineasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

My daughter has a koleus 2009 and loves it very much but recently after stopping to go into a shop it wouldn’t start and was taken to a garage for attention since then they have not been able to find out why this happened and are now thinking of taking the engine out costing thousands!
The garage said they had checked everything and couldn’t find the answer!
Seemingly the mechanic said that the fuel was reaching the engine but the compression was only at half strength. Don’t know what to do can anyone help?

VSR

VSRasked

HZG Intens 4WD Diesel (2016-2021)

Really happy with the car but the positioning and size if the side mirrors creates major blind spots when turning, even in roundabouts. You have to move up your seat and look through the windscreen to check for any obstacles. I don't understand how this wasn't picked up during design and testing. Anyone else experience this?

Martin Vasilev

Martin Vasilevasked

Koleos

Hello,I have a Koleos 2019 2.0 diesel 177 hp 4wd Initiale Paris. The problem I have the last 7 days is with my r-link system. When I drive my car ,suddenly, without any sign or reason the multimedia (r-link) stop and the monitor become black. That moment stay for maybe around a minute-two and again without any sign, reason or any kind of my touch it starts working again without a problem...The car is working perfectly...What do you think about this situation, do you have any experience or solutions?

Alan G.
Alan G.

I have recently purchased a 2021 model and I have the same issues with the r link including the blue tooth system deciding to work when it feels like it ? Renault NZ so far just shrug their proverbial shoulders thanks Renault NZ

Elizabeth asked

Koleos

Purchased a brand new Koleos in November 2020. The car was great for a few weeks when one day I was driving along at about 60 kms and the car brakes unexpectedly.. this have now happened 6 times were I’m driving along and bang the brakes slam on. It’s so dangerous. Getting the flick off from dealership and Renault don’t seem to care. It’s getting towed today because I flat out refuse to drive it. If they can’t find anything wrong with it (again) we have to pay the fee. Sorry frustrated right now! This car is a danger on the roads.

Les

Sorry Elizabeth I have not had that problem but feel so sorry for you as that is such a dangerous situation Renault should be made liable to fix this for you.
The Koleos is in my opinion is a wonderful vehicle feels very safe to drive and extremely comfortable .

Elizabeth

Thank you Les, I agree the car is lovely, that’s why we bought it, that’s why it’s such a shame that this is happening. It’s our family car and I drive 3 children around in it. I feel as though I am putting them at risk.

Stevenj32

It could be the automatic hand brake, they can come on suddenly, Renault only really likes you till you buy the the SUV, once they have the money then you have to fight them all the way, some dealers are better then others, the lemon clause can be enforced, as the car is only a few months old, contact the ombudsman and get them to contact Renault on your behalf, or contact the media, they will soon bend to your problems, ours is coming up to be traded in, while there is warranty still on it, the Transmission, CVT, is very ordinary, would not buy a car with one in it again, hope this helps.

Brian M

Brian Masked

Fuel smell problem

Les

No fuel smell from my Koleos

Stevenj32

No fuel smell, take it to a dealer and have it checked.

ALI a.

ALI a.asked

Koleos HZG (2016-2021)

How to fix renault kolos radio always powered on-
No way to switch it off

Shabeer A.

Shabeer A.asked

Koleos

Any feedback on the fuel smell near the petrol tank. Tank is on quarter full. Can hear the air lock pressure release when tank cap is opened?
[email removed]

Puneeth B.

Puneeth B.asked

Hey Guys,
I just purchased a 2014 Renault Koleos with 169000kms on the clock. Little did I know that the car's CVT is infamous for how reliable it can be. Does anyone here have a 2014 or earlier Koleos? How much mileage has your car racked up so far? I'm a little anxious now - what should I be doing to ensure this car continues running without giving me too much of a hard time.

Stevenj32

Have the transmission oil changed, its expensive, but should be done every 100,000 kilometres to assure the transmission survives, we will sell our Koleos, 2017 just before the warranty runs out, no faith in the transmission, ours has been terrible from brand new, never again.

Mark C.

Mark C.asked

Koleos

Hi. Does the Koleos, 2019, have automatically folding mirrors when you lock the car? The dealer says it does but we cannot get it to work. We cannot seem to find it in the manual either. MMMM, can we trust a car salesman?

Stevenj32

Trust a carsales man?, no, most know nothing about cars at all, our Koleos has folding mirrors via a button on the arm rest, I believe the intent might have it, that is might, as models differ country to country, the Koleos is available with a normal auto in some countries, alas, not here, don't believe the mirrors fold auto, hope your Renault is up to your standard, a few more months and we sell ours, thank goodness, cant stand the vibration in the transmission any longer.

Ray Vella

Same Same !! Bought two 2018 Koleos = One the Engine blew up and the other still ongoing Sensor Problems!!
Gateway Renault in Wollongong don't give a dam and have no knowledge to RESOLVE the Problem!!
Active Braking Disconnected light still shows up after two Yrs and no Solution!!! Now the Washer Pump motor has died and still an ongoing DRAMA!! Sick of It!! A disgrace to RENAULT!!

Ray Vella

Would not recommend one of these vehicles to my Worst Enemy!!!!

Mary C

Mary Casked

HZG Intens FWD Petrol (2016-2021)

Can I set anything/anywhere to get the side mirrors to fold automatically when I leave the car? At the moment I have to use the switch on the driver's side door. Can't find anywhere in the controls to set to fold automatically.

bruceasked

hi I have a 2014 Koleos cvt with 120000km on it
no problems except when the battery is flat it must have more than 12 volts available also check terminals and if mounting bracket is lose this will give you all your warning lights.
I would like to know if I should service the transmission or leave it sealed.
it is great to drive especially on the dangerous M1 out of sydney
I am getting 8.3 litres/100 on 91 octane.

Stevenj32

The CVT needs an oil change, they quite commonly go at about 160,000kms,if not serviced and they are not repairable, at about $7000 to $9000 for a new one, we will sell our Koleos in one years time, just before the warranty runs out, as I don't trust the CVT, also our engine uses oil, not a lot, but still some from new, not good, I don't think I would buy another SUV with a cvt in it, ours gets about 7.8 litres per hundred on 98 fuel, hope this helps.

Thanks very much

Philip
Philip

The car shouldn't be using any oil at 120,000. Are you using the correct renault spec 5w-40? Nissan uses 5w-30 but that's for fuel economy reasons, and 5w-40 is for smoothness and longevity. This engine loves shell Ultra full synthetic. CVT servicing depends on how dirty it gets according to sensors - but preventative at 150,000k (normal driving conditions) is recommended if you found a good specialist.

Merd Mac

Merd Macasked

HZG Intens 4WD Diesel (2016-2021)

Does the Koleos have a full size spare tyre?

denandbil