Rinnai G Series

Rinnai G Series Questions & Answers

RINV25RC (2.5kW), RINV34RC (3.4kW), RINV51RC (5.1kW) and RINV70RC (7.0kW)

5 questions from our users

Julitha R.

Julitha R.asked

RINV51RC (5.1kW)

I have moved into a rental property which has this unit installed. It has a 'Heat' switch, but still seems to just pour out cold air. Am I stupid? Does this unit heat as well as cool??

cj7hawk

It should. If it doesn't then it's broken. They do work particularly poorly though and require frequent (several times a year ) services, in which they will have to either take the entire unit apart, or clean it with high pressure water. High pressure air doesn't work on these units from my experience.

But all that aside, even when not working well, they usually can produce some warm air.

Rinnai
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Julitha R, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Steve

Steveasked

RINV70RC (7.0kW)

I’m looking to buy the new Rinnai Q series 7kw split system. Anyone have any feedback on these and is the outdoor compressor made in China?

cj7hawk

I would not recommend this. My 7kW unit is underperforming, and got bad enough that Rinnai support said it sounded like a manufacturing fault and they could only send someone out to fix it. I tried to take it back through The Good Guys but they convinced my wife to let Rinnai deal with it directly. They didn't service it, didn't fix it and only played with the remote at the time, told me it was a warranty fault, and would be fixed. Then I got a call from them demanding that I pay for the call out before they fixed it under warranty. Google "rinnai support is terrible" to see what people are saying about their product support. So far, the maximum measured performance I've ever gotten out of the unit was 70% of what the product states is it capable of. That's pretty low.

Matt D
Matt D

My initial experience hasn't been great with the Rinnai Q series 7kw unit. I suppose the aircon unit cools the room down well enough, but the wifi control function doesn't work from my Android phones. I eventually had the tech department contact me about issue, and they've told me I could be up for a $300 fee if the tech determines it isn't a Manufacturer issue. I'll have a tech visit next week. Hopefully it isn't a problem caused by my electrician installer, but I can't find any mention in any online documents about fault finding of issues. It appears though that the Wifi module is an OEM product from Broadlink, and the aircon to wifi interface hardware and software is completely handled by Broadlink, not Rinnai. It better not be an Android app issue.... Considering total cost of ownership might include lost work time due to being at home when a tech needs to visit, I would recommend spending more and getting a different brand that is equally as efficient.

Trevor R.
Trevor R.

I couldn't get my to register on my android phone (Samsung Note 9) so I registered on an iPad. Once I registered on iPad they all showed up on my android phone.

Jon C

Jon Casked

G Series

Hello
I think my unit is very unwell.
If you set it to 23 on heat with fan in auto it stops working after about 20 minutes. If you go to the remote and look at the room temp it will tell you it’s 20 and it’s set for 23. The only time it stays on is if you have the fan on turbo.
I don’t know what to do next.
Please get back to be.
Jon.

Zoe

Hi! I have no idea? Maybe call rinnai as that’s what they are for..

mimmo105

mimmo105asked

RINV51RC (5.1kW)

Hi
I recently purchased and had installed a g series 5.1 kw and lately on the temperature screen on the ac unit, it's been displaying P5.
What does this mean?
Also, when we first operated it, it cooled very quick but now in the past week it hasn't felt upper cold like it did 6 weeks ago.
Can you help?
Domenico

Zoe

Hi! As you have said it’s a new purchase I would suggest you call Rinnai (1300 555 545) as the unit comes with warranty, otherwise maybe check your books which came with the machine? Sorry!
Mines still perfect.
Good luck!

Rinnai
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks Mimmo 105 for the question. With your model of airconditioning unit P5 indicates an overheating issue with the discharge pipe and the unit is shutting down as a protection. We would recommend booking a service call to diagnose the issue. our 1st care department can be reached on 1300 555 545.

LOCAL GUIDE

As usual Rinnai is trying to play down the fact that their Air cons are nothing but cheap Chinese parts that break and over heat under the most normal of conditions AVOID RINNAI AIR CONS AT ALL COSTS CHEAP CHINESE PARTS!

Rob

Robasked

G Series

where are Rinnai air conditioners made?

Chris
Chris

The one we have is made in China.

LOCAL GUIDE

It is made from dodgy Chinese parts that break in less than a year.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives