Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel) Questions & Answers

MPNs: 35904360 and R395YS

20 questions from our users

Jan
Janasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Where is the fuse located

Colin S.
Colin S.

Inside cabinet, on top near the back. It is a 10 amp ceramic fast burn fuse. If it is gone, perhaps the magnetron has overheated and died. The appliance needs cool air behind it. There is a fan at the rear which sucks air in and blows it over the magnetron.

Philip
Philipasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

The light began flickering that seemed to be related to steam coming from the food, but now it flickers or changes from normal brightness to very dim and flickering no matter the amount of steam from cooking even doing it when the door is opened without any cooking at all - i.e. just opening the door prior to doing anything. Is it possible to get a new light for this older model?

Saad
Saadasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

i have this Microwave R395YS for just over 2 years. The lamp stopped working way back. But i Ddd not cared much as it was still doing the heating . but now it stopped heating as well. I believe this is not adequate life span for a microwave where we have spent bit more than $200. Can sharp offer some remedy for this issue ?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Saad, thank you for providing feedback.. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this feedback so that our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Sam Redman
Sam Redmanasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

We have a great microwave oven that is only two years old. today after half way through a one minute heating cycle it stopped and tripped the circuit breaker. It has been a perfect unit and now?
What would you suggest?

Sam Redman

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Sam, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. We appreciate you raising this matter with Sharp and would like to help resolve the situation in regards to your microwave issue. Please send your contact details through to our Customer Care team on ccare@sharp.net.au , referencing this issue. They will contact you to assist.

MummyCat
MummyCatasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Why is a cooling time not able to be cancelled? Why does the fan have to continue to go even after the food is removed and the door is closed and there is nothing inside the microwave? the cool down feature is extremely annoying and I have to switch the electricity off every time just to shut the noise off...I am extremely disappointed with this microwave, I have only used it once, I have the box...would love to send it back, but company says it's been used and not faulty so, I'm stuck with it...Do you want it?

Sami
Samiasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

I bought the Sharp R395YS Microwave oven in August last year. It was working good up until last month . We found the the plate of rice when warmed for 1 minute the middle of the food does not get hot while outside is very hot. Any reason or are we doing something not correct?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Sami, thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Lisa Gallagher
Lisa Gallagherasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Have literally just purchased a Sharp Inverter microwave and pressed Start/ instant cook and food/drinks not heating at all. Am I doing something wrong / missing something or is it faulty? Not happy. Have just taken it out of the box

Hi Lisa,

We appreciate your feedback and would like to assist you. If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, a member of our team will assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

R.singh
R.singh

Well i havev no issues.its still under warranty so i will take it back to store where you purchase from

MasterGards
MasterGardsasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Is there any way to turn off the beep/alarm and/or reminder in the Sharp R-395Y model microwave?

irena a
irena a

Hi there. I am not really sure to be honest - I have never considered it. The beep is not too loud though if that helps at all.

Hi MasterGards

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately there is no option to turn off the reminder alarm on the microwave.

Babs
Babs

Hopefully this may be something manufacturers might consider in future models. Personally, I understand the 'beep' is there for a reason but it would be nice if microwaves had the capability of reducing the level of it as some of them do seem rather loud ..., especially if you're using it at 10 or 11 o'clock at night!

WayLynasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

I have just bought the R-350YS, when the cooling function is on can you still use the microwave to cook?

kj
kj

i dont think so but cooling only goes for about 30secs

Thanks :) I didn't think so

Avalon
Avalon

Yes. I use it straight away as it will cool down again once it's finished.

Nicole M
Nicole Masked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Bought this microwave from Good Guys in May 2015. In Sep 2015 it stopped working. Inverter and fuse replaced under warranty. Today (Oct 2017) it has stopped working again. I suspect same issue. I think a microwave should last more than 2 years. Not happy, as it is probably out of warranty and I don’t know how much it will cost to repair again (and whether it is worth doing so). For $257 putchase price I expected a better product.

Hi Nicole,

We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further details about this matter. If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN - 528765, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Bronasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

How do I set the clock? I do as the manual states and only get an ERROR message.

Hi Bron,

Thank you for your question. The error maybe caused by the incorrect clock time (eg. 13:45). If you could please retry and enter in 12 hour clock system. Press the STOP/CLEAR pad and re-enter the time of day (eg.1:45).

If you are still having issues, please send through your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this question, our customer care team will be able to contact and assist you accordingly.

Bron

Thank you! I must have been trying after 12.00 midday and using the 24 hour system! Using the 12.00 hour system works perfectly!!

Darryl Wilkes
Darryl Wilkesasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

We purchased our R-395YS microwave back in March this year, and it has developed an annoying electrical hum/buzz that persists at all times, even when the unit is not being used. It is becoming all pervasive in our kitchen, and we need to have it gone. Can you please help us with advice.

Wizzy
Wizzy

Hi Darryl
Personally, I would take it back to the place you bought it, and they should replace it without any charges. Perhaps record the sound on your phone and let them listen to it. Obviously something is not working the way it should. And you can't put up with noise like that. Good luck.

Hi Darryl,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that a member of our team can assist you accordingly.

terrysmith
terrysmith

Hi I have a near new R350Y(w) that is doing this also. When not in use and door shut the unit has a low hum/ buzz. Stops when power is turned off at switch and returns when power on. Will this mean the unit could catch on fire or something?

Ingrid
Ingridasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

I bought my microwave (brand new) less than a month ago and the oven lamp is not working at all. How can I have this fixed without too much bother or running around?

Hi Ingrid,

We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate further details about this matter. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 515685, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Bronwynasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Hi, I have just been out looking at a microwave to buy, and was really impressed with the look and features of the R395YS in stainless steel. However, after reading about the reviews regarding arcing, paint bubbling, door sticking to the body, I'm really now rethinking about this model. Can anyone tell me if anything has been done since these complaints, to prevent these things happening to the ones in stock now?

Simon A.
Simon A.

Hi Bronwyn,

I would not know if sharp have redesigned the door/body of this unit to avoid the problem I encountered. I exchanged mine for a different brand so as not to risk a repeat of the same issue. Simon

Bronwyn

Thankyou Simon. I might have to rethink and choose another brand too. I loved my Sharp Carousel that I originally had for many many years. Nothing seems to be built to last anymore :/ Better technology but less reliability.

Hi Bronwyn,

Argee
Argeeasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Can I open the door and get my food while the cooling function is on?

Hi Argee,

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can open the door at any point to remove the food. If you have further concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us at ccare@sharp.net.au. Have a great day.

fifooasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Bought this model recently (less than a month)... and have the same problem as many others. The paint inside the door has started coming off and door plastic has melted from one spot. I'm sure its arcing.

Called Sharp customer support and been on hold for over 30 minutes now. Never thought I would experience such an issue with a Sharp microwave

Can support help me out ?

DebbieS
DebbieS

Support is in Malaysia and are bloo.y useless, they can't even give you the right specs. I'm going to sell mine and buy a PANASONIC

fifoo

Thanks DebbieS ... finally got through to support ( answered after 50 minutes) and now they want to take it to a service center in Croydon VIC ... that's at least 1 hour drive from my place and they only open 9-5 ... so now I will have to take day off, and then go through the hassle of taking it back.

The service centre closer to my place has stopped working on Sharp Microwave .. reason given to be over the phone was "Too much trouble mate ... "

I bought this on 08/06/2015 and its already broken in less than 15 days. Why should I settle for a repaired item ? They should be offering me replacement AT-LEAST !!

Horrific experience so far ... never buying sharp or recommending it

Hi fifoo,

We are concerned to hear of your experience with Sharp microwaves and we would like to investigate further details about this matter. However, due to limited personal data availability on this website, we were unable to confirm your contact details. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 484638, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Daniel Aylward
Daniel Aylwardasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

The door inside the microwave has melted whilst we were sterilising bottles for our baby, is this a common fault on this sharp model as I see many instances on the internet where people have also experienced the door melting? This really is not good enough and very dangerous.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your question. If you could please send us your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, and referencing this CRN-481963, a member of our team can assist and answer your questions accordingly.

Iqbal
Iqbalasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Once the food is heated and fan becomes operational, can I leave the door open for 30 sec or more to take heated food out nd put something else?? Will it affect the cooling operation & ultimately life of machine??

Hi Iqbal,

Thank you for your question. You can open the microwave door at any time, whether the unit is cooking or not. Once the door is open, all other functions are shut off. If the cooking cycle was interrupted, once the door is closed, you can resume by pressing Start.

Also, it will not affect the cooling operation and life of machine.

If you need further information, alternatively, you can check the operations manual at this link -> http://support.sharp.net.au/downloads/opmanuals/R395YBK_S_om.pdf

Hope this helps.

Verran
Verranasked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

I purchased this microwave today based on my confidence in Sharp, I've just read these reviews and I'm horrified, nearly all negative. Should I even unpack it or take it back to Retravision?

RS
RS

Absolutely. I'm still very happy with it. I felt I had to write something for the very reason that everyone else had posted negative reviews. I obviously can't promise nothing will go wrong in the future, but so far, I have no regrets. My last Sharp lasted at least 10 years so I decided to stay with the brand. Purely by coincidence, I discovered my sister bought this machine recently too and she's happy with hers too. Funny we ended up with the same one without consultation. At the end of the day, if something does go wrong, there's a warranty. Enjoy!

Hi Verran,
Thank you for purchasing the Sharp microwave. If there are any issues, please feel free to contact us and we will assist accordingly.

Hi RS,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Sharp product.

Sharp Social Media

Kev
Kev

Hi Verran, I'm not sure I will buy another Sharp product, having sais that Sharp Customer Care have been excellent and despite my microwave being out of warranty they had it checked and repaired ( magnetron replaced) at no cost.

Kevin

nell56
nell56asked
R395YS (Stainless Steel)

How many litres is this sharp microwave?
thanks

Hi nell56

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not have the measurement in litres but this model is considered being a midsize microwave.
All of the specifications are provided within the operation manual.
If you want to have a look at more details, please consult the page 23 of the operations manual, here is the link
R395YS – http://support.sharp.net.au/downloads/opmanuals/R395YBK_S_om.pdf

TG
TG

It is 39 litres as the Model suggests, R395YS

See all Sharp R395YS / R395YBK questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp R395YS (Stainless Steel)

Other Microwaves