St.George

St.George Questions & Answers

Branches and Online

6 questions from our users

Hi there I try transfer money to commonwealth bank why there is zero in begginng of account number?
ask the bank i dont why you would be asking here for

Ive lost my debit card & put a block on it myself using the app. Now im reporting it on the app to the bank that ive lost it. If they put a block on it can i still access it by using cardless cash?
The logical thing to do to get the correct answer is to ask the bankhave you thought about contacting the bank

I paid out a home loan around 15 years ago. At the time St George said that it would be safer to keep our deeds with them. I have also had a Portfolio account with them for over a decade (they say 11 years, my recall is more like over 20 years) which I have no intention of ever using. On many occassions I have attempted to close this account saying that I have no need for it. I have constantly been told that I can not close the account as it is linked to the original home loan and that I would have to pay a fee of several hundred dollars to release the mortgage. I have been charged account fees every month and I feel that they had manipulated me into this for their own means. Years later and still forced to pay fees for something that I will never use. Gary Ritchie

I have a joint account with ex partner but he doesnt use nor acess the account, but his mother has done so to take money out for kids savings. Ex cant remember his details,password etc. How would i be able to tell if his mother has still been acessing logging on to account after was asked not to. I do plan on closing this account and open another.
All Transactions should be on the statement no matter who did the transaction to get the correct information contact St george or ask in a branch they wont answer you here

what are your 3 information systems used in your bank

Is anyone else fed up with these system outages that happen every weekend? Im tired of not being able to touch my funds from other accounts when i want! Its my money and you do this to often.. im getting jack of it and everyone else in other banks don't have this issue... if it keeps happening ill be taking my money elsewhere..
I've only got a credit card with St George now, my everyday account is with Westpac. I haven't used the card in ages because it is a massive pain to deal with. I've applied for a Frank card with Members Equity that has 9.99% interest rate and will cancel my St George one when it arrives, there is absolutely no incentive to keep or use it.I know it's terrible what I find abserd is how every transaction happens a day after every other bank. Boycott st georgeSt George has the worst internet banking experience of any bank in the market. They actually make you "end date" your regular payments... they're REGULAR payments - usually electricity, rates, water etc. they don't come to an end. If you're not keeping an eye on them ALL the time then they fall off, your bills don't get paid and all of a sudden you're getting calls about overdue payments. It sucks hugely. I'm a big girl, I can jump in and stop a payment anytime I want but I shouldn't have to remember to continually watch something that I set up so I didn't have to think about it all the time. The way they set up your access to your online accounts, and how this interacts (or doesn't interact) with other banks is ridiculous. I sent my daughter money to her Commbank account the other day. I'd done it before from this account so it should have been all okay. It too FIVE days to reach her. These are only some of my gripes about St George - there are so many others. Avoid at all cost.

Get an answer from our members and St.George Bank representatives