Subaru Liberty

43 questions from our users

DJA

DJAasked

Liberty

Hi My Subaru 2010 liberty exiga my11 odo 230K kms has recently had an issue as when I accelerate it, randomly feel jerky, slipped one or two beats then driving back to normal. Searching on Google NRMA shows me there are 9 reasons causing similar issue like that. So far i replaced 4x spark plugs but the issue unsorted. Please kindly advise me what to do next step. Many thanks. James

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ DJA, We recommend getting in touch with your nearest or preferred Subaru service centre. The service team will be able to assist you further through an inspection and diagnosis of your Liberty Exiga. Please use this link to get in touch with one of our service centres today. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

Hards

Hardsasked

Liberty 4GEN (2003-2009)

Hi. Looking to purchase a 2004 Subaru Liberty GT 4GEN Premium Pack. It has 150,000k on the clock, regularly serviced and appears well looked after. Any common issues with this model I should be wary of ? Thanks!

Shameem
Shameem

My one was the base model(4cyl). I didn’t face a single issue in last twelve years. Just normal wear and tear.

jordan s

jordan sasked

Liberty

If i were to buy parts from a 2001 suburu liberty 2.5rx for a 2002 model would they fit? Ill need everything for the front right/tire. Steering rod wishbone. Tire pushed back into the wheel well in full lock.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ jordan s, Simply use this link to locate your nearest or preferred Subaru parts and accessories retailer and our friendly parts team will be able to help you further. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

gegee2301

gegee2301asked

Liberty 6GEN (2014-2020)

I thinking of buying a Liberty 2018. not sure on the reversing sensor system as there are no sensors Can you confirm that there is beeping when reversing as you get closer.
also the display screen is it visible easy, I am concerned how it is on a slight angle.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ gegee2301, The MY18 Liberty has the rear view reverse camera as standard on all model variants. Now, the camera does not have an audible alert, only visual. However, as an accessory there are front and reverse parking sensors that you can order through one of our parts and accessories retailers. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

Light sleeper

Light sleeperasked

Liberty

My 2016 liberty has just over 100,000 k’s. I’ve been told there could be issues coming if it is belt driven. How can I tell if my drive is a belt or chain?

Matt

Mattasked

Liberty 6GEN (2014-2020)

What are the Plus( + ) and Minus( - ) buttons located on the right hand side of the passenger seat warmers used for on the 2017 3.6R Liberty

Ernie C.

Ernie C.asked

Liberty

Dose it have a USB to play music with

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Ernie C., The Liberty has both Auxillary jack and USB connection. Please use this link to check out all the great features the Liberty has to offer! The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WYvvhc

Gareth T.

Gareth T.asked

Liberty 5GEN (2009-2014)

I've a 2013 Liberty GT Prem Wagon. There is an issue whereby the gear selection at between 1200rpm and 1800rpm shudders. Is this related to the torque converter or a separate issue altogether.?

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Gareth T, Unfortunately we can’t confirm this is related to the torque converter without inspection and diagnosis. We recommend contacting your Subaru service retailer. The Subaru Team. http://bit.ly/2WZZ8yv

Jos

Josasked

Liberty

What’s the mechanical differences with a Subaru Liberty wagon and Subaru Outback wagon 2002 year models

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Jos, There would be no mechanical differences in between those models except possibly gear ratios and the Outback may have high and low range. The Subaru Team.

Robert S.

Robert S.asked

How many people can legally ride in a Subaru Liberty

Fired Up
Fired Up

One.. per seatbelt, obviously and as per the manual and as per state law... obviously.

Anna R

Anna Rasked

Liberty 5GEN (2009-2014)

Looking at buying a 2011 liberty for my son. I’m a bit worried about the torque and CVT issue, especially since we have just gotten rid of a dodgy VW Golf. Are there known issues with this model car and should we stay away?

Paul T.
Paul T.

Hi, Gen 5 2011 Liberty does have a cvt issue, the torque converter fails causing the car to stall when you come to a halt, like a manual when you stop without the clutch in. It is not something you can see coming, mine happened suddenly. I have just received the quote for $4550 to fix - I am 2nd owner of the car and every service has been by Subaru since new. I love Subies and mine is great to drive and otherwise excellent, but this repair bill is ridiculous. I used to laugh about VW reliability but now the joke is on me.

Brad

Bradasked

Liberty 4GEN (2003-2009)

Does the 2007 Subaru Liberty 4GEN Auto AWD MY07 have a timing belt or timing chain?

Brad

Bradasked

DJA

DJAasked

Liberty

Just wondering if you can tell subaru liberty 3.6R MY10 consume how many litres of petrol per 100km? I'm driving in Sydney CBD daily

Michael R.

Michael R.asked

Whyhasour2018subarulibertyscreendied

Narelle
Narelle

Hi Michael,
As I’m based in Victoria I haven’t had experience with Jupiter Motors, or this particular issue, but if the car is under warranty maybe you could try a different Subaru Dealer (second opinion). It may not help at all, but I recently got my 2018 Liberty serviced at Eastern Subaru where they did a software update on my head unit...maybe you could call Eastern (ask for service department) and ask them for some advice. I know they are in Vic, but they may be able to point you in the right direction. Or, just give another Dealer in your state a call-they might have some advice.

Michael R.

Michael R.asked

Ourscreenhasdiedand jupiter moterscantfixit

Smurf

Smurfasked

Liberty

I have a sports premium 2009 liberty sedan, gen 4,, today the lights on the dash came on ,engine light, flashing cruise control and traction light. I also have a satnav.
About 2 months ago, I was recalled for a fuel cap replacement.
After that visit, my air con blower ceased to work
My maps on the satnav, didnt work
Now I have the above(lights on the dash),
I would love some advice or feedback on wtf is going on.
I have owned subarus in the past and have never had this much grief.
HELP

Tom

Tomasked

Liberty 5GEN (2009-2014)

What engine series is in the 2014 gt premium?

Yellow Knight
Yellow Knight

5 Gen 2.5 litre turbo petrol engine.

Chris

Chrisasked

Liberty 4GEN (2003-2009)

My engine light n cruze control is stuck on just wondering how I'm able to get them off and stay off?

smart cookie
smart cookie

Sorry I'm not a mechanic, i suggest go and see a Subaru specialist,I suggest you keep away from the main dealers. Good Luck.

Igun S

Igun Sasked

Hi
Got a Subaru liberty 2006 2.0R manual. Been having problem with the CEL on and blinking cruise control, scanned and the error codes mentioned about the air fuel ratio. Bought the oxygen sensor on ebay denso brand posted from US in July last year. But the problem persist to the point where the car cannot accellerate when throttled, it was just stuck in 20-40 speed. Changed the maf sensor and it got better, the throttle body was cleaned too. Despite the engine occasionally hesitated ,The CEL didnt turn on again just for two weeks. Any recommendations? This is getting frustrating.

Steven. R
Steven. R

The only thing I can think of is it might be that the air flow system might be clogged up so maybe changing the air filter right through to changing the air flow system & getting a tune on it might just fix the flow overall. I am quite a novice to this but from what I learnt when looking into getting an air pod filter for myself most of the people I spoke to said I would need a tune along with the upgrade. So maybe get your local mechanic to have a look at that otherwise a performance tuning specialist to check it out for you.
Hope this helps :)