Weber Baby Q Series

416 questions from our users

Cossie

Cossieasked

Baby Q Series

We have a weber baby q and the temp on low setting is still around 180 how can you get it lower

Marko

Markoasked

Baby Q Premium (Q1200)

Can this be used with the small screw on non-refillable gas cylinders like Coleman Lightweight 1 lb LPG Bottle in Australia?

T Richo

T Richoasked

Baby Q Q100

Hi, I have an older model baby q100 and the ignition has just stopped working. Does it have a battery to replace or do I need a replacement part? Also looking for a stand but the stand for the current model doesnt fit - any advance appreciated.

thanks
T.Richo

Raz B.asked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Hi... can I use a portable gas canister e.g. 1lb Coleman Propane Gas canister or BernzOmatic Propane Canister 468g on my Weber Q1000?

1. Is it safe to use?
2. Do I need any special adapters or just screw in and fire up?

Cheers,

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Raz, the only approved gas bottles for the Q range are 4.5kg-9kg LPG bottles- all others are not approved for use under AGA regulations.

Peter I.
Peter I.

Hi Raz B, I bought the CGA600 fitting from the US on Ebay, costs about $100 landed here and fantastic to make the BabyQ portable. We get Three to Four days cooking per bottle and really cheap if you refill. Weber in AUS will not sell it but it is how they are sold in the US and safe. Companion use the bottles as do others. :)

Raz B.

Brilliant - Thanks Peter... appreciate the heads up! Take care...

Hakan O.

Hakan O.asked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Hi, I just bought a Baby Q 1200 and the manual says I shouldn't use a gas bottle less than 4.5kgs..
I live in New Zealand and our gas bottle options in here are 2kgs, 3kgs, 4kgs and 9kgs or more... I was going to get a 4kgs one as I want it to be portable. But if I fallow your manual I will have to get to 9kgs one... Just wondering is 4kgs will be safe/efficient to use. Thanks
Hakan

Raz B.

Hakan... you can use the 4kg bottle. I used it on a previous portable bbq and will be using on my Q. Happy BBQ'ing.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Hakan, yes the 4kg one is suitable. We provide those sizes in the manual so you can get an accurate amount of cooking hours from one bottle.

Micheleasked

Baby Q Q100

The flame is extra high in 4 places on my baby q. There is a small split on the 2 sides and one end and a big hole on the other end.(twice a big as the regular little flame holes). I had never noticed the high flames in those 4 places before and now there is a lot of carbon build up on the grills where the flames hit.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michele, that sounds interesting- would you please send us some images via custserv@weberbbq.com.au and we can look to see if your burner is operating properly.

Michele

I have been trying to send images to the email address you supplied, for 2 days. The email keeps coming back.
Delivery incomplete There was a temporary problem delivering your message to custserv@weberbbq.com. Gmail will retry for 23 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

Lynnasked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

We have just been given a Weber Q1000 can you only use the portable stand. We still hove our 9kg bottle from our other Weber BBQ (which was big and beautiful but not for un it living) Can this be used with our baby Q

Raz B.

The 9kg bottle can definitely be used for a Q1000 Lynn. Unless your question relates to the stand?

Lynn

Thank you - yes it did relate to the stand but we have since found out that the Baby Q1000 can only go on the potable stand.
We do have our 9kg gas bottle hooked up and it does sit under bbq on the stand but just not good for transporting.
Love our new BBQ

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Lynn, I can see that you've found a conclusion- the Baby Q range is only suitable for the portable cart, not the patio cart. The 9kg bottle will still work :)

Josh W.

Josh W.asked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Hi. I see that the minimum bottle size is 4.5kg, but stores only tend to sell 3.7kg or 8.5kg. Will the 3.7kg one work?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Josh, yes it will work, it just doesn't guarantee the number of cooking hours that can be found in your barbecue manual.

Bel

Belasked

Baby Q Series

I bought a Weber cart for my Q100 Weber and then found out it only fits the newer Q1000 model.
Is it still possible to buy a portable cart for the Weber Q100? If so, where can I find it? If not, what options are available for the Q100.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Bel, unfortunately, the Rolling Cart that would have suited your Q model is obsolete and no longer available.

Charlie S.

Charlie S.asked

Baby Q Series

Just got the Q1000 for early Christmas and was wondering if the larger Q1200 lid would fit on it

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Charlie, yes you can interchange the lids- just call us on 1300301290 and we can give you a quote on a replacement lid.

John

Johnasked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Hi, we just bought a Weber baby and want to connect it to the external bayonet on the van. We bought the new hose for that, but not sure how to disconnect the other hose from the baby Weber. Can you help, please? Thanks

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi John, if you still need some help here please call on 1300301290 and we can talk you through the connection process

Rebecca W.

Rebecca W.asked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Hi there, brought a baby q in USA and brought home to NZ for my partner. It did not have a hose. We cant seem to find one that fits the bbq regulator to a NZ gas bottle. Heeeeelp!

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Rebecca, unfortunately, if your Q was purchased in the US it won't be suitable for NZ gas types and we can't convert overseas barbecues due to gas regulations. If you need further help here, please call 0800 4 93237 to talk to our NZ team

Tony W

Tony Wasked

Baby Q Series

I have an old Baby Q. Can this be converted to natural gas as we live in an apartment with natural gas?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, unfortunately the Baby Q range cannot run on Natural Gas, only LPG.

Granny G

Granny Gasked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

We have a Weber Baby Q which hasn’t been used a lotI! It’s about 4 years old. We are camping with friends who also have a baby Q however there kid is higher than ours which is gd for roasts etc! Is it possible to get another lid ??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Granny G, yes you can buy a new lid directly from us- please call 1300301290 and have your serial number handy and we can give you a quote

Tony W

Tony Wasked

Baby Q Series

Can I convert my old Baby Q to natural gas?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, sorry the Baby Q can only run on LPG.

Adam M.

Adam M.asked

Baby Q Q100

The gas control connection has snapped on mine and I am unable to find a replacement without a regulator attached. As mine is an older baby a I do not have a regulator on mine. Where can I get the valve without regulator attached?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Adam, you can't get those parts separately, unfortunately. If you get in touch with us and have your serial number handy, we can give you an accurate cost of the replacement parts you need.

Marilyn

Marilynasked

Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

I have a 4kg gas bottle and I can’t seem to attach it to my Weber baby q!! Any suggestions?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Marilyn, that's not good. Which part are you having trouble with? If it's a new bottle, have you ensured that the plug has been removed from the bottle opening prior to trying to connect?

Swanyasked

Baby Q Series

Hello i made a mistake buying weber without temperature gauge on it , can i put one on myself or can you tell me what the temperature is , on the three settings when turned on please.

Kind regards swany

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Swany, we don't recommend attaching your own thermometer into the lid as this may void your warranty and damage the Q.

You could look into our thermometer range here: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/cooking/igrill-and-thermometers/

Swany

Thanks for your reply , however I think your having a lend of people with these ridiculous prices for thermometers , why do company's want to keep ripping people off , shame on you weber.

Brian K

Brian Kasked

Baby Q Q100

We purchased a Weber Baby Q100 a number of years ago and have never used it. Now need to know if it can be converted from LPG to natural gas for use on an apartment balcony in a multi-story complex?
Brian

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Brian, the Baby Q range cannot be converted to Natural Gas; it can only run on LPG

Pam T.

Pam T.asked

What are the dimensions

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Pam, you can find the model you're after here, and under the specifications tab under each product is where you'll find the dimensions.

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives