Weber Q Series

382 questions from our users

max

maxasked

Q Series

are we able to get any red holding buttons for patio cart, if not how do we alter the position of the ones already in place thanks anyone

Joni

Joniasked

Q 200

Hi, I have a Q200 (bought in 2013). I would like to get a trolley / cart for it. I'm wondering if these would fit the Q200?

The website says it fits the Q2000 and Q1000 only but as far as I've heard, the Q200 and the Q2000 are very similar units

Jess

Jessasked

Hi all
I have an old Weber Q, I’m thinking it’s a 220. It’s pretty old and too many parts need replacing to justify repairing it so I’m looking at replacing it.
It’s on the grey and black plastic cart they had back then. If I purchase a Q2000 will it fit on the old cart? I’d rather re-use it than replace it.

Sapporo A.

Sapporo A.asked

Q 200

Hi, Can you advise the year of manufacture for Q200 with serial DZ?

JO2asked

Q 220

I have loved my webberQ for a year. Last night was my first failure. The roast beef was tough and over cooked. I timed it to the 1 min per 1mm rule. And the potatoes, though cooked, were not browned or crisp.
I possibly opened the lid too often as I was wrorried because it did not seem hot enough and there was no smoke coming from besides the lid as it normally does.
Can you advise please.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi JO2, we're happy to help here. Can you please let us know whether you were 1. using a convection tray and trivet set up and 2. how long you preheated for and on what setting?

Opening the lid often will increase cooking time, as you're letting the heat out each time.

JO2

Yes I was using a convection tray and trivet.
I did preheat for about 15 minutes, but unfortunately had the dial back to front in my head, so had it on low rather than high.
It did not seem to take much time to come up to 200’+ when I realised and put the meat in.
But never any smoke emitted from the bar b at all during cooking.

Hi JO2,

It sounds like the lower preheating setting would be the issue here, as the grills wouldn't have got hot enough to sizzle the fats that were dripping down from the meats, so you would have seen less smoke.

Next time, if you preheat on the correct setting for the full pre-heat time, we think you'll get a better result. Also try not to lift the lid.

Anitaasked

Q Premium (Q2200) LPG

Hi There.
A few years ago I was gifted Weber q2200.
I love how it cooks. Unfortunately the paint on the outside of the lid is peeling off and the ignition started has stopped working. How might I go about replacing these parts?

Piers n Mel D.

Hi we have 2 Weber’s and love them. Contact Weber directly- they will ask for the serial number and depending on how old will advise you if they can supply a part or where to get it. I have found their customer service to be very good. Good Luck

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Anita, yes please give us a call on 1300301290 if you haven't already and we can look into the lid peeling issue. Thanks!

Will do. Thank you.

Michael

Michaelasked

Q Series

I preheat my Weber to 260 but when I put the pork in temperature won't go past 220. Can you please explain.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michael, happy to help here.
When you place a cold piece of meat into the barbecue, it will absorb some of the heat from your Q as it starts to cook.

Also, the cold meat will be in between the burner and the thermometer in the lid, which means that it is acting as a barrier and not reflecting 100% accurate heat readings. The thermometer is more of a guide anyway.

If you're looking to monitor the temperature exactly, then you're best to look at either an ambient probe for inside the barbecue or a thermometer that reads the temp of the meat.

Frank W.

Frank W.asked

Q 200

We have our BBQ sitting in the big trolley which has only wheels on one side and moving it to another position is such an horrible, uncomfortable task. Is there no trolley that has two sets of wheels?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Frank, sorry we don't have a cart in our range that has two sets of wheels.

Nerissa K.

Nerissa K.asked

Q Series

I accidentally bought the large casserole dish and we only have a Baby Q so it won’t fit with the lid closed. Does the lid need to be closed for the casserole dish to work?

Piers n Mel D.

Yes because of the way the weber is designed it has the heat circulating around inside and if the lid is open ( even partly) the heat can’t circulate evenly.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Nerissa, Piers is correct- for the barbecue to operate efficiently, the lid does need to be down while cooking.

Dai L.

Dai L.asked

Q Standard (Q2000)

Can I connect my q2200 lp gas to my main in line lp tank?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Dai, if your mainline runs LPG, then yes you can but you may need some alternative connections. If you give us a call on 1300301290 with your serial number, we can clarify for you.

Donovan F.

Donovan F.asked

Q Premium (Q2200)

Hi I am wanting to buy the weberq2200 lpg
It is mainly to cook ribeye roasts on.
Will this cook roasts as good as an oven and do you have any suggestions for me?
Kind thanks Donovan

Kim

Kimasked

Q Premium (Q2200)

Hi What is the difference from web q220 from q2200?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Kim, the Q220 is the older version of the newer Q2200- there have been some slight design changes to upgrade the 2200's and this happened around 2013/14

Cheryl H.

Cheryl H.asked

Q Series

Is the patio cart reversible so that the wheels can be on the left-hand side

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Cheryl, no the wheels are only suitable for one side, but you can turn it around so the wheels are facing another direction.

Bruno Vuletic
Bruno Vuletic

Baby Q 1200 on patio cart has been set as per instruction - with handle on BBQ facing you, the wheels are on the right hand side. Question, can I turn BBQ 180 degrees? Just move red holding buttons on the other side.

Sha O'N

Sha O'Nasked

Does the Weber Q Portable Cart
Designed for Q 1000/2000 series also fit the baby q?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Sha, yes as the Baby Q includes the Q1000 and 1200's.

Bluasked

Q Standard (Q2000) Natural Gas

Is there any way I can use my Weber
Q Black Q2000 NG Black with a gas bottle or other fuel source?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Blu, if it's a Natural Gas barbecue, you'll need to convert the Q to LPG with new parts before it can be used with a gas bottle. If you give us a call on 1300301290 and have your serial number ready, we can give you a quote on the conversion

Blu

Thanks for your response. I actually returned the BBQ - going to start out smaller.
Trying out an air fryer!

Mitch5

Mitch5asked

Q Series

Hi I have a Weber Q2200 and want to purchase a stand for it. I'm a little confused as to which ones suit it eg https://www.flybuys.com.au/rewards#/home-garden/bbq-outdoors/CNPS or this one Weber Q Patio Cart 6524 https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/weber-q-patio-cart-6524 Thank you

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Mitch the Weber Q2200 will suit the Patio Cart or the Portable Cart that are available on www.weber.com/au

Romy

Romyasked

Hi there :)

Will the Q2000 cover stand fit the Q stand (https://www.takealot.com/weber-q-stand-black/PLID51791743/product-information)? Note too that the product is a Q200 - will this work with the stand and the cover?

Thanks a mill

GroveChooks

GroveChooksasked

Q Series

We are thinking of buying the rotisserie attachment. What experiences have you had with the rotisserie and would you recommend it?

Ashley D

Ashley Dasked

Q Series

I have been looking for a second hand Weber Q2000 patio cart, why cant i find one anywhere. Not even one! any ideas why no one is selling these second hand?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ashely, it might be because everyone is loving theirs so much, they don't want to part with them!

You can find new ones here, and we have free shipping at the moment: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/merchandise-and-more/carts/weber-q-patio-cart/6524.html

John Stephenson

John Stephensonasked

Q Standard (Q2000)

I have been running my Weber Q on bottled gas. Can i use it on town gas without some sort of modification?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi John, it depends on whether you're using Natural gas through the connection, or if there is a central LPG supply that the town uses.

Best to give us a call on 1300301290 and have your serial number handy and we can let you know for sure what you'll need to change over :) Thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives