2Z Grills Australia

Z Grills Australia Questions & Answers

Verifiedzgrills.com.au🏆 2024 Award
Ali c
Ali c

Can you tell me if it is powered ?

Tim Mcloughlin
Tim Mcloughlin

Plugs into 240v wall socket and then just feed it hardwood pellets

Jamie
Jamie

As Tim said. 240 runs the thermo and the auger but it is a wood fired grill

Z Grills   DM

See info on how it works here mate: external link

Chris D.

does the 7002B have a hopper clean function to get rid of pellets not used.

Z Grills   DM

Thanks for the question Chris. No we don't have a pellet dump, and if being honest, you really shouldn't need to be dumping them out often, if at all. Also most of the dumps on grills in the market drop pellets out of the back of the hopper all over the place so are not a very good experience. The reality is that you should never fill up the hopper, so at the end of each cook there shouldn't be too many pellets left, and they can remain in there for the next cook.

If you are not going to use the grill for a month or more, then vacuuming out the remaining pellets or simply running the grill until it is empty is all you need to do. Even with a pellet dump the grill would need to be run for about 15-20min to burn out the remaining pellets in the feed tube.

Some people believe that if chasing pellet varieties you need to dump the others out first, but this simply isn't required. Just add new pellets on top and give them a mix.

For more information please check out this article: external link

Hi Thankyou for the response

Michael J.
Michael J.

With the z grill mini. Does the smoker work well for long cooks

Z Grills   DM

Michael thanks for the question mate. Yes is does, as the hopper has enough pellets for up to 10+ hours of low temperature operation and can be topped up mid cook if required.
You can learn more about the Mini here: external link

Steven C.

I am looking into purchasing a Zgrills smoker and great to hear after sales service is excellent, as noted by so many reviewers, my question is why is so much after sales service required?

James Brownlow
James Brownlow

Hey Steve, I’ve recently purchased a Z Grills, and I too mentioned the after sales service. It’s more of the support for the “how to” and general assistance, to support their product. In my opinion/experience , it’s the support that each customer receives that they’re referring to.
I had the same question as you, so appreciate your perspective/question.
I hope this helps, mate.

Wayne
Wayne

Hi Steve. The Z grill I purchased did have a small fault with it when I first used it. I contacted Z grills and they spent quite a lot of time on the phone with me trying to diagnose the problem. Then a replacement part was sent quickly. Thus I consider the after sales exceptionally good, at least you speak to a human and not get pushed to go online. Since the part was replace the grill has preformed great. Cheers

Z Grills   DM

Steven this is a great question. Given the many thousands of Z Grills being used most weekends across Australia the number of issues they experience is actually very low. They have moving parts and can have issues if not regularly cleaned or if bad pellets are used. So customer service isn't necessarily just when there is a problem with the grill. A lot of our great customer service is pre-sale, throughout the collection/shipping process, assistant with assembly and initial use questions and of course comprehensive support throughout the life of the unit.
Regardless of the question or issue, we strive to provide a fast response and solutions without messing the customer around. That can't be said for many many other brands and products in Australia that we personally experience in our daily lives - so we work hard to be very different in that regard.

Thanks for the response James

Steven C.

Thank you all for the feed back, greatly appreciated, looking forward to starting my smoking journey.

Rick
Rick

Dose this year's z grill have a pellet dump

Wesley Fernando
Wesley Fernando

Hey Rick, I am new to the game so I’m not even sure what that is :). I’ll assume it’s to dump pellets out the bottom so you can change over ? If that’s it then no it doesn’t have one. Cheers mate

Z Grills   DM

Our grills don't have a pellet dump, but they are quite easy to scoop out if required. The reality is you don't need to empty the pellets out often (if at all), and can just add and mix different varieties. Lots of great information about wood pellets can be found here: external link

Tanya O.
Tanya O.

Can this easily be used for normal barbecue grilling and does it work quickly when doing so?

Z Grills   DM

Tanya, great question and thanks for reaching out. The answer is yes it can be used as an all round BBQ, grill and wood fired oven. It isn't as fast as gas to heat up, but can get up to high cooking temps (>200oC) in about 15minutes.
For lots more information on this topic and much more please check out our Knowledge Centre here: external link

Uncle T
Uncle T

In the bundle basic pack for the 450a does it come with a solid plate ? and how high is the internal rack to the top of the hood. I like to make my own bacon and hams and some of the hams are around the 5 to 6 kg mark ? I'd like to get rid of having a seperate smoke and BBQ. Because there is only my wife and I at home now I really don't want something too big and the 450 looks like it would suit us just nicely.

Z Grills   DM

Uncle T, thanks for your questions mate. The 450A does not come with a bbq hotplate kit. Widely available BBQ plates or skillets will fit in there fine if you are wanting to put one it. The vertical height from rack to the top of the drum is 17cm. It is a great little unit and should be able to do what you are aiming for. Cheers!
Feel free to join our Facebook group to see what everybody is cooking up on their Z Grills: external link

Keiran T.
Keiran T.

Hey guys just curious on if the 11002B is available in Australia? If so when? Thank you

Z Grills   DM

Hi Keiran, we are not planning on bringing the 11002B into Australia. We have upgraded the 700E series grill based on Aussie customer feedback to be a much larger 850 square inches of total rack space (so 700E-XL). Also added front folding bench mounting, twin main grill racks and vented grease tray for high temp searing. The 700E-XL is now our most popular grill by far with a great feature set. Check our our Help site for lots more information, start with this page: external link

If you have any other questions please fire us an email at support@zgrills.com.au or call 1300 390 703

Cheers!

Michelle
Michelle

How long does the zgrill take to heat up - whilst we would want to do slower cooked roasts also need this to be able to bbq a steak, butterflied chicken etc

Z Grills   DM

Hey Michelle, thanks for the question! You absolutely can use a Z Grill as a regular BBQ. It takes 15-25 minutes to get the grill up to 200°C and above. The main factor here is ambient temperature and quality of pellets.

When you get a grill as a pro bundle, it comes with a cast iron BBQ plate which will hold a lot of the heat. This lets you get a good sear on steaks and chicken. - external link

An awesome way to use it would be by doing a reverse sear. This is easily done by smoking your steaks for an hour or half until the internal temperature is close to your desired doneness. After that, you can simply sear it on your Z Grill.

If you want to get the grill to heat up more quickly, a good accessory to get would be the insulating blanket - external link

if it is not too late for you, feel free to give us a call at 03 9034 7099

Ahmed

Would the 70002b be big enough for a 6kg brisket?

Z Grills   DM

Definitely yes a huge one - check out this video I did on the 700E which has the same main grill rack area.

Ahmed

You legend, responding on a saturday morning! Beautiful first brisket mate and it looks like i will be going ahead with the standard 700! I appreciate your help.

alandeb2013
alandeb2013

just curious as to how this compares to my Fornetto?...... i am looking for more cooking space but haven't been a huge fan of pellet smokers as i have a mate who has one but it smokes the heck out of the neighborhood?

Z Grills   DM

Thanks for the questions mate. Not sure what your mate is doing wrong with this pellet smoker as after the initial startup release of smoke which clears after a couple of minute the smoke release is very gentle. Check this video out. external link

The key advantage of a Z Grills pellet smoker over your Fornetto is easy of use - set and forget. We have stack of Z Grills owners in Australia who have an offset or other manual smoker, but the time spent managing the fire becomes a frustration - and a Z Grill solves that. Please let us know know if any further questions. Feel free to join our facebook group to see what others are doing on their Z Grill. Cheers!

Michael T
Michael T

Is the 700E smoker the same as Silverbac Grilla Grills?

Z Grills   DM

Hey Michael, Thanks for giving us the opportunity to clarify that. I think quite a few people have the same question in their minds.

There is no doubt that the Silverbac from Gilla Grills looks extremely similar to the Z Grills 700E Pellet Smoker. However, keep in mind that we are not the same company. As far as I can see they are not available here in Australia.

You can read more about it here external link

If you are looking to get yourself a 700E, check out what the 700E-XL. Our 700E-XL is an upgraded version of the 700E. It has an added top rack which increases the cooking area by 25% which works out to be 0.6 sq m of effective cooking space. With the extra cooking space for a second brisket or a few more stacks of ribs, it's not hard to fall in love with it.

Ken
Ken

How do these pellet smokers compare to the Traegers?

Z Grills   DM

Hey Ken, Thanks for the question.

We actually manufactured for many brands under an OEM agreement. You can read more about it here external link

To answer your question, I think we need to compare apple with apples. At the time of writing this review, we have 4 grills in our product range. 450A, 700-2B, 700E (Classic) and 700E-XL.

The 450A has 450 sq inches (0.3 sq m) cooking space which is perfect for a small family. I am able to fit in about 4 shorter stacks of ribs which is more than enough to feed 5. This works out to be similar to the Traeger Pro 22 which is priced at $999.

The 7002B and 700E (Classic) both have 700 sq inches (0.45 sq m) cooking space. This gives you plenty of space to fit in a couple of stacks of ribs and a pork shoulder for your pulled pork. This compares more closely to the Traeger Pro 575 minus the wifi controller and the big price tag.

Our 700E-XL is an upgraded version of the 700E. It has an added top rack which increases the cooking area by 25% which works out to be 0.6 sq m of effective cooking space. This is more catered for the people who enjoy cooking up a storm for their family and friends. We even have a couple of caterers that use our 700E-XL as their main workhorse cooking up for hundreds of people in one sitting.

The added bonus with the 700E and 700E-XL is that it comes with a bottom storage area and the chamber of the smoker is double lined. This increases the efficiency dramatically which means it burns less pellets in the long run.

We at Z Grills believe wholeheartedly in selling more than just a product. The core of our business is you, our customers. Just read the reviews on this page and check out our Facebook group to see the sort of community we are trying to build. external link

Cheers,
Justin

Gareth
Gareth

Can you sear over open flame on a zgrill like the pitboss? Trying to decide between the two, cheers

Z Grills   DM

Gareth, Thanks for your question mate.

I don't recommend open flame on a pellet grill as you end up with a nasty mess to clean up and risk of grease fire.
We have a cast iron BBQ plate which works great for searing steaks and you can put that directly over the fire pot to get really high temps without the mess. That is also great for doing other stuff like bacon and eggs too.

Check out these videos below to see how to cook up like that.
external link

Cast iron BBQ plate comes as part of our BBQ Accessory Bundle, or can buy separately.
external link

Please let me know if any other questions - if you hit me up directly on our website chat or call our number (03 9034 7099) I can put together a great bundle deal for you.

Cheers,

Mick

Get an answer from our members and Z Grills representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Z Grills Australia is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023. Learn more