Zodiac MX6

Zodiac MX6 Questions & Answers

MPN: NAI-ZO-RO-MX6-WC215

86 questions from our users

Constanceasked

my zodiac Mx6 will not pick up large leaves, they get stuck in the unit. Any help?

Susan DeHaan

Susan DeHaanasked

I have a Zodiak MX6. Have had it for almost 2 years. It has done a great job. Now it gets stuck in the deep end. The rotation on the wheels is at a good speed. Sometimes it runs on only the back 2 wheels so it isn't sucking because it isn't level on the bottom of the pool. The wheels on oneside changes rotation frequently. The other side keeps going the same way. Can you let me know what you think is wrong?

Gordon. Carter

Gordon. Carterasked

My tracks are loose and keep coming off. How can I fix it

Johan

Johanasked

I have had a MX6 now for the last three years. Happy with the machine but recently it started tipping over. Don't know if the cold water is making the pipes stiff that it is not bending as well as it should and therefor the pulling exceeds the bend?? Please help. Is there another explanation, perhaps a softer more flexible leader hose??

Deb

Debasked

My zodiac mx6 is going in circles. What's wrong?

Shamila M.

Shamila M.asked

Vacuum looks like falling & not staying upright where do I put the weight?

UpsetCustomer

UpsetCustomerasked

I recently purchase a brand new zodiac mx6 pool cleaner and installed it first thing Saturday morning but no movement whatsoever and of course the company is closed on weekends so I'll have to wait until Tuesday the earliest because its Memorial Day Weekend. What am I doing wrong?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, This is the Australian version of Product Review so unfortunately, we can't help you. Please repost on the correct region and the team can reach out and help. Thanks.

Jamo5

Jamo5asked

Love the zodiac cleaners , had a mx8 for 8 years and now an mx6, the problem I have it is now getting stuck on ledges and steps, it seems to always be the side with the yellow tab on wheel, it swivels fine. I’ve lengthened and shortened hose length and also adjusted hose weight , no change, it’s very frustrating , any other ideas would be appreciated, please?

arthur

arthurasked

why have two of my hose sections split and need to be replaced after only 2 years of limited use?
and as to why it has been used infrequently since purchased...…...I find your system completely inadequate.

the unit spends more time attempting to climb the walls instead of cleaning the bottom of my pool.

Constance

If you have a dedicated port for the cleaner, adjust the valves at the pool pump. Main drain off, skimmer slightly open, and cleaner all the way open. Works great, Cleans walls, bottom and tile. But large leaves get caught in the unit.

Vivienne E

Vivienne Easked

Hi, I bought a Zodiac MX6 December 2017 and was working very well until Christmas 2018. Since then it has ceased climbing the walls in my pool and has become very slow moving around the pool. I have adjusted the flow up and down and have replaced the tracks thinking they may have worn, But I still have the same issues. My pool is fibreglass and salt water. Do you have any suggestions for me?

oowead2

you can get a flow regulator attachment that replaces the existing one it has no adjustment on it just a straight connection

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Vivienne, Please call our Customer Care team on 1300 763 021. We can walk through some Troubleshooting with you and get the Unit up and running. Thanks.

David.M

David.Masked

Will this run on a 1HP pump?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi David. Sorry for the delay. Yes these two products can be used together. Thanks.

Barb

Barbasked

Cleaner keeps falling backwards when climbing the wall and ends up on its back and won't right itself. I have one weight on the hose just above cleaner .. should i put on an extra weight or is there something else I should be doing?

oowead2

ok so I have found out the problem when the mx 6 goes slow or stop it is the regulator at the end of the hose that connect to the machine you need to super glue the yellow
valve so it doesn't open up and reduce suction which holds it on the walls

Customer C.Zodiac

Please give us a call on 1300 763 021. We can give the advice you need and do some further troubleshooting. Thanks!

Ed A

Ed Aasked

My MX 6 is about 4 years old, pool has rough surface (in ground pool) so I had to replace the rubber tracks. Was working perfectly for about 2 years. It started to do some wheelies so I adjusted the float. still does less wheelies and now it only turns in tight circles. I can see that both tracks are turning. Any ideas?

Kim A

Kim Aasked

One track keeps coming off. It travels for a few minutes and then just derails. Any suggestions?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Kim, Please call us! Our Customer Care Team can walk through this over the phone. Our number is 1300 763 021, Thanks!

Jeff S

Jeff Sasked

This has been a great cleaner, it climbs the wall to tile and has always made its way around the whole pool. This pool has 6 outside corners , now all of a sudden each week I show up to service it is high centered on one of these corners and pool is dirty. I replaced hose and tracks about 6 months ago. Is there something that can cause this? I’ve had account for 1 1/2 years this started about 2 months ago. Once I release from corner it moves around pool like it always has but obviously ends up back on corners and sits there most of the week.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, The mx6 has a 2 year warranty. Please call us! Our Customer Care Team can walk through this over the phone. Our number is 1300 763 021, Thanks!

deb

debasked

Is there an adapter available for the skimmer as the one supplied is too large?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Deb, We would suggest that you go to your local Dealer, they would be able to help you with sizing etc as it is difficult to say over email what you would need. Please find the link to our dealers - https://www.zodiac.com.au/find-a-dealer

Christina

Christinaasked

Our unit keeps popping wheelies so the suction part and cleaning wheel is pointed up. We’ve adjusted the pressure but it still seems to happen. Any help?

Endo
Endo

I went back to cleaning by hand - gave it up as a joke

Andre

Andreasked

My MX6 continuously climbs up the wall to the waterline level, sits sycking in air and making annoying noise, before it turns, only to climb up again 5minutes later doing the same thing. It is so annoying the neighbors are complaining and I ended up disconnecting the cleaner. Is this normal? If so this brand new $400 cleaner is going to the bin!

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Andre, If you are able to call us on 1300 763 021, we can help you with this as this is not how the Cleaner should operate. Thanks.

Nancy W

Nancy Wasked

My zodiac has stopped moving. When I lift it, the wheels turn but when I place it back in the pool, no movement. Any ideas?

Bob D

Bob Dasked

Hi I bought a mx6 2 months ago. And am very happy with how clean it has kept my pool. But the last 2 weeks it’s started to make my pump pulsate like it’s lost it’s prime. Pump is brand new as well and does not pulsate when it’s on without the cleaner
Any help would be great?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Bob, Please give us a call on 1300 763 021, we would be able to do some Troubleshooting with you. Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives