Beko WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

13 questions from our users

Jacko
Jackoasked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

machine works well once started, however you have to push the door closed with a fair bit of pressure to getit to start ,a lot more than previously.

hemit
hemitasked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

washes but does not spin,rinse or drain

nnn
nnnasked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

Can you help front door has broken can't open

Lordwoffleii

Open the small circular hatch at the bottom left. Inside is a manual override pull latch for the door lock. The hose is an emergency drain if the machine is still full.

Coling
Colingasked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

Can’t open front loading door. Machine finished spin dry. Clothes still in!!

Mark
Markasked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

Every time I click start the the pause button comes on ! And the door clicks lock and nothing happens

Brenda C.
Brenda C.

Did you find a fix by any chance My machine isnonly 4 weeks old and doing the same thing!

Vivien W.asked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

will it wash a queen size doona

BekoBeko

Hi Vivien W. It will wash a queen size doona however the performance of the wash will be dependant on the thickness of the doona and the wash cycle you select, we would recommend using the Bedding & Blanket cycle. We usually recommend that you should have enough room to fit a hand span between the items in the washing machine and the top of the bowl to get a good quality wash performance. Thanks Beko.

Vivien W.

thankyou for your reply I am looking for a new washing machine ar present and this looks like the one so thanks once again

Hannah N.
Hannah N.asked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

Is there a way to get it to make a sound when finished

Sunshine

No I'm sorry but I do not know! It's a bit annoying that they do not, because it's easy to forget hey.
Maybe set a small timer yourself.

Hi Hannah,
On this model of washing machine there is no alarm when unit has finished the cycle. Thanks Beko

Audrey B.asked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

This is listed as not being stackable. Does that mean that I couldn't place a drier on top of it, or that it shouldnt be placed on top of another appliance?

Sunshine

Hey Audrey, we stacked our drier on top of our Beko machine, and it has been fine for over 12 months. We did place on the top of the washing machine a Blue square mat, (these mats can be joined together like a puzzle piece and are for camping or in the back of a utility to stop articles sliding). We have no problem at all with the drier on the top of the machine :-) Hope this helps. These mats can probably be purchased from Super Cheap or some other like store. Kind Regards Iris de K

Many thanks Sunshine!

whollygrael
whollygraelasked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

Is the spin speed adjustable?

Emma B
Emma B

I have the 7.5kg and it is so I'd assume the same for the 8kg.
I wouldn't recommend this brand though. If you can go for an Industrial machine built to last.
Otherwise, Miele or Fisher Pykel which is what I'm about to get having researched amongst my friends and family and based on previous experience.

Jode i.asked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

Is it oka to change wash programs eg. 30 minutes on cotton eco then change to 28 minute daily quick?

BekoBeko

Hi Jode i, it’s probably not the ideal way to wash given that each wash has a programmed cycle that is designed to clean your clothing. If you are looking to save some time with your wash cycle can I suggest that you select the “Cottons” wash cycle and select the Quick button. This function can be used in Cottons and Synthetics programmes. It decreases the washing times and also the number of rinsing steps for lightly soiled laundry. Thanks Matt.

Thankyou matt ☺

Jode i.asked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

Not sure which wash setting to use. 28 minutes just doesn't seem like enough for me and the mix 40 only takes 4kg of clothes. The other cycles take too long. Which settings do you use?

Quick every day wash 60 degrees

Jode i.

Amanda, doesnt it fade your clothes washing in 60°? I usually wash in cold or 30°?

Chrissy
Chrissyasked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

Does anyone have trouble with their machine not rinsing well enough? there doesn't seem to be enough water at rinsing stage, therefore the towels are still soapy when the cycle is finished

Shells
Shells

Never had an issue . Excuse me if it’s off target but are you over using your cleaning product
I only ever use a fraction of the manufacturers recommendations . Tend to pre spray or soak if stains but the machines are very efficient with small amounts of cleaning product .

Amanda

I never had this issue on 60 degrees daily cycle. Once on quick 14 min wash I had wet clothes so I just ran extra rinse cycle to get clothes less wet.

Daniel L
Daniel Lasked
WMY8046LB2 (8kg)

Does the machine have a built in water heater, or do you have to hook it up directly to hot water?

DanniP1970
DanniP1970

Attachment is to cold inlet only. Internal hearer is in this machine.

Rachel A.
Rachel A.

My internal heater has stopped working, And I only have 1 hose connection (cold) but I can not find trouble shoot for this problem. Does any1 know how to fix plz? Ty

See all Beko WMY7046LB2 / WMY8046LB2 / WMY9046LB2 questions

Get an answer from our members and Beko representatives

Beko WMY8046LB2 (8kg)