66Black Hawk Dog Food

Black Hawk Dog Food Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Patricia
Patricia · Original Dog Food Lamb and Rice for Small Breeds

Hi there all, l thought l ordered a 10kg bag of black hawk puppy but mistakenly bought the small dog bag and opened it before realising. Do you think it would be OK to feed this to my 13 week old border collie?

Black Hawk Pet Care   DM

Hi Patricia, thanks for getting in touch! Since your pup is at a crucial growing stage, we would recommend returning the incorrect bag to the retailer and exchanging it for the correct life stage :)

Debbie M.
Debbie M. · Healthy Benefits Dog Food Joints & Muscles

Hi, I would to know if you can feed this Dry food to your dog every day ? Thank you !

Black Hawk Pet Care   DM

Hi Debbie! Thank you for your question. This is a complete & balanced diet, so you can definitely feed this every day :)

Coffee is good
Coffee is good · Original Puppy Food - Large Breeds Lamb and Rice

Does this food control dog odour?

Black Hawk Pet Care   DM

Hello, This isn't something we can confirm, as it has not been tested for, but if you have any concerns about your dog's odour we would suggest getting in touch with your vet as they would know your pup best :)

Fiona M.
Fiona M. · Working Dog Food - Lamb and Beef

Price list on dry dog food

Black Hawk Pet Care   DM

Hi Fiona, We don't have a price list for the public unfortunately as prices can vary from store to store due to being set individually by the retailer. You can find online retailers as well as local stores on our website here: external link

Informed
Informed · Original Dog Food

How long do the public have to wait until they are told that a third party had tested product that has left the blackhawk factory in Parkes that the test results come back as salmonella. The factory is doing a deep clean waiting on results to come back Monday.

Black Hawk Pet Care   DM

Hi There, Pet Care Kitchen routinely send kibble samples for external analysis at a NATA accredited lab, with results being returned on a daily basis. Results from these routine tests are thoroughly analysed against all applicable standards and specifications before kibble is released to the market. All cleaning and sanitation is conducted on site on a regular basis. The above is conducted to ensure that our manufactured kibble meets all quality standards for market release.

Laura T.
Laura T. · Original Dog Food

The little square tins of black hawk tin food is that cooked or raw?

angelacourt2
angelacourt2 · Grain Free Dog Food

hi I bought a bag of the black hawk fish and potato for my 16 mth old as she has severe allergies , on reading reviews I see it was recalled but some dogs still seem to be ill , my expiry is 2022 . Should I be concerned I dont want to just hope she will be ok as her allergies cause extreme distress to her and us . Much appreciated for an honest answer please angela

Black Hawk Pet Care   DM

Hi there Angela Thanks for the question - I'm very sorry to hear your dog has been ill.
We had a voluntary recall for our Grain Free Salmon dog food in early 2020 but this didn't impact our Original Fish and Potato.
In any case I've just sent you a private message for you to send through your contact details so that our vets can investigate for you.
James @ The Black Hawk Team

Norene P.
Norene P. · Original Dog Food

Hi, is Blackhawk dry dog food ok for the senior dog?

shirley.king.750
shirley.king.750

The puppy food made my dog so sick. He vomited regularly then vomited bile.
I wouldn’t feed it to any dog.

Beth
Beth · Original Dog Food Chicken and Rice

Can anyone explain why our 7 month old German Shorthaired Pointer is having digestive issues? We have given him Large Puppy Black Hawk since January (recommended from the breeder)

He’s never been right on it. Vomiting throughout the night, really bad smelly poo’s and massive too, itchy and he yawns heaps. I just thought that was all normal, as he’s young. Be getting advice from the vets too.

Now I’ve read all the reviews. I will be definitely taking him off this kibble and putting him on a raw feed diet.

I CAN’T HANDLE NO MORE VOMIT.

Kellie S.
Kellie S. · Grain Free Dog Food

What grain free dry food is suitable for a puppy?
Which is recommended

Craig W.
Craig W. · Original Dog Food

Hi can any tell me why after 5 months of using Black Hawk Large Puppy Dry Food my Bull Arab puppy is getting extra soft to watery poo we take him of the dry food put him on Turkey and rice his stool go back to normal .Return Black hawk food into his diet slowly and as soon as he is on just the dry food he get runny poo.Hre has been on the same food from day dot thganks

Marita B.
Marita B.

When we got our puppy the breeder had her on BlackHawk puppy and we continued with it but she started to go off it and got bad diarrhoea and scratching quite a lot. We switched to Performadog on vet recommendation. Started with 10% new food as well as boiled rice and small amount of old food and within two days having normal poos again and she is finishing all her food. Now feeding straight Performadog and she is much happier. Also only need half the quantity compared to BlackHawk and its an Aussie company & locally made.

Kayesy
Kayesy · Grain Free Dog Food

Opened a new bag of Black Hawk grain free kangaroo last week and noticed straight away it had a very strong smell that I haven’t noticed in previous bags of same. Smells awful but cocker still eats it. Anyone else noticed this? Is it safe?

Wendy H.
Wendy H. · Grain Free Dog Food

I have been giving my puppy Black Hawk puppy food. But he won’t eat it now. Rather have my older dogs food. I thought this was meant to be the best, but his motions often runny....very disappointing as bought a 10 kg bag ....will have to move on to something else...waste of money.

Michele G
Michele G

I won't use Blackhawk ever again. Was making my dogs sick.

clath
clath

I used Blackhawk for our shepherd. Complained to pet shop it made her sick . their comment was that the fat used to bind the dog food together could be the issue

Baylee · Original Dog Food

My 4 month old lab has been on black hawk puppy and has developed bad diarrhoea that just wont quit.. have had her back at the vet twice and when we stop feeding the black hawk puppy dry food it clears up so must be the food. Has anyone else had tgis problem?

Marija
Marija

Hi,

Same here. Our 4-month-old lab has a very upset tummy when he eats Black Hawk. We were advised by the breeder to go for it but poor puppy has been twice to see a vet and it is was prescribed with special food that soothes his tummy.

Tried to put him back to Black Hawk and the problem comes back again. He is still on a special type of food and we are now thinking which one to use instead of Black Hawk. Any advice?

Hi

We have been using Royal Canin Hypoallergenic and the tummy problems have totally gone. We are going to try the blackhawk again after a full month on the RC and first sight of diarrohea returning it is going in the bin. I am going to try RC for labradors as my 2nd choice if the Blackhawk is a no.good. I am only trying it again as i have a $100 bag sitting there to use. RC have a guarantee to refund if food isn't suitable.

We were using chicken flavour and vet did say that puppies can be allergic to chicken due to the amount of hormones added to it these days.but the can grow out of it..

Good luck as we know there is nothing worse than a puppy with diarrhoea especially if you are house training.

Get an answer from our members and Black Hawk Pet Care representatives

Select a listing for your question
Black Hawk Dog Food