Boori Urbane Bassinet

Boori Urbane Bassinet Questions & Answers

11 questions from our users

Danielle L.

Danielle L.asked

Hi I’m trying to wash the basinet but unable to remove the mesh from the staples? How do I do this?

Megan Rickhuss

Megan Rickhussasked

Why are there valcro strips on bassinet. I just got one second hand and noticed the valcro is coming away from wood. Do you need to valcro the ends

MyleneE

MyleneEasked

I would like to buy a new mattress - does Boori sell the mattress separately?

Judy R.

Judy R.asked

Hi ! How much is it? And do you still have it ? And do you do the deliver? Thank you

Agnieszka
Agnieszka

Prices vary depending if you get it as part of a bundle on special say from Baby Buntings or by itself. Yes I still have it, no I do not deliver as I’m not a shop, just a mum :)

daveysingasked

I'm thinking of purchasing this bassinet but see some people saying about problems getting sheets to fit? can anyone advise on if I should get this or go for a different bassinet?

Tim

I purchased mine in January 2017, there are a lot of sheets that fit..
Our Urbane was purchased second hand, we purchased a new mattress from baby bunting & measured up the sides

Big W had a huge range of fitted sheets for cheap, you'll be fine & its a great bassinet

daveysing

Thanks Tim.il get it then.
was going to use it only for through the day but would it bee good also for sleeping at night do you think?

Alicia

Aliciaasked

What are the dimensions of the mattress for the Boori Urbane? Has anyone had difficulty finding sheets to fit?

Kat
Kat

I've had problems too - all the sheets we've tried have curled the edges of the mattress. Now we've wrapped tgwcaheet around the board as well but that makes it hard to tuck him in and keep mattress totally flat.

daveysing

I'm thinking of buying this bassinet but a bit put off about the sheet issue? would you recommend to get this bassinet. ? If so did you find sheets to fit?

MissyM

MissyMasked

The velcro strips at both ends have come away from the basinette and wont stay attached to the surface of the basinette when i try to re-stick them. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you know how to fix it? Do i need to replace the velcro strips (if possible)?

Hi MissyM,

I purchased this bassinet 2nd hand (3yrs old)
The velcro was coming off so I purchased replacement online (eBay) so you can choose the colours, width & length. Replacing them, you needed to remove the old ones - they had a staple either end and little bit of glue but came off without much effort. Fairly straight forward and much more resilient

Be sure to clear the surface & let dry when you reattach the velcro & get the right measurements

EmJ
EmJ

Can I ask, where the Velcro connects to? I bought one second hand and it has the velcro under the timber sections but not sure what pet of the part of the mesh it connects to? TIA

Headanasked

Can you wash the mesh part of the bassinet?

Carolyn
Carolyn

You sure can; I've washed mine just on a normal wash with no problems

Headan

Thanks Carolyn, my next question is how you got the mesh off the bassinet?

Yes definitely washable.
The mesh comes off by sliding it out of the two poles that hold it in the bassinet.

Ricky

Rickyasked

How do you remove the mesh basket to wash it? I just bought a second hand boori urbane and so no instruction booklet. The website isn't helpful on this either. If someone could help that would be so nice!

catherined

Hi, I don't have the cot assembled at the moment but from memory you would probably need to undo the Velcro and take the rods out of the sides so the mesh can slip through. Not sure if you will need to loosen the screws at the top to do this.

Alison

Alisonasked

What age did you use this product up to?

catherined

My two children that used the bassinet did so until about 5 months. By then, they were moving about in their sleep and needed more room.

kathariney

katharineyasked

Is it possible to rock the bassinet at all to get bub off to sleep?

Neesy

It doesn't have full rockability like some bassinets but we did 'sway' it. Hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Boori representatives