Bosch Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

84 questions from our users

Don I.asked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

I have the Serie 4 WAN22120AU/06 Washer. In an above question, you say a dryer can be stacked on top with correct stacking kit. Does the WAN22120AU/06 have a correct stacking kit? What is it, and where can I get one? Thanks

Regional Manager
Regional Manager

Ask Bosch

Unhappy Jan
Unhappy Jan

good guys and harvey norman sell stacking kits

Don I.

Thanks UJ. The stacking kit sold by Harvey Norman is listed on the Bosch site as “incompatible” with the Serie 4 washer. I’ve asked Bosch, as recommended by Angel

Sam T.
Sam T.asked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Does this machine has a short hot programme and how long does it take?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Sam T., Thank you for your question. This machine has the Super (Quick) 15’/30’ min program. It is a Extra short program, suitable for small items of lightly soiled laundry. The maximum temperature this can program can be set to is 40 °C. If you required further assistance, please feel free to call our team on 1300 369 744 (select option 2). Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Suzanne Hasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

How can I adjust temperature for any program to cold? I have tried to change the temperature on a short wash, it goes down in temperature but not to 0. I just get --- instead and the washing is hot to touch when the load finishes.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

HI Suzanne H, Thank you for your question. Depending on what stage the programme is in, you can change the set temperature before and at the beginning of the programme. In °C the sign '- -' equals cold. However if the washing is coming out hot, we ask you to call our team on 1300 36 744 (select option 2), and we'll investigate further for you. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Suzanne H

Thankyou for a quick reply. I will double check my next wash and then follow up.

Natalie C.
Natalie C.asked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

For some reason, when I want to do a super quick load it just double beeps when I press start but won’t start. The other wash settings work ok. Just this setting won’t start. Can you tell me why?

Hi Natalie C.,
Thank you for your question. When the program doesn't start we would recommend you check the following :
- Please make sure you have you pressed the 'play/pause' button or Finished in 'clock' symbol button
- Is the door closed correctly? Sometimes items may be closed in the door, so ensure nothing is in the way
- Ensure the childproof lock is deactivate
Also do any symbols also appear when the appliance double beeps? If you have checked all of the above, then please call our service team on 1300 369 744 (select option 1), and we'd be happy to investigate further for you. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Anita E
Anita Easked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Can you advise me please how to shorten the time of just the SPIN programme down from 10 minute?

Ruby
Rubyasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

I have a Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine... Can the WTH85200AU dryer be stacked on top?

Marly S.
Marly S.asked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

What type of dryer can be stacked on my WAN22120AU/04 washing machine?

Hi Marly S,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch washing machine.
Any of our standard dryers can be stacked on any of our standard washing machines by using the correct stacking kit.

Melissa
Melissaasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

How do I change the quick wash time from 15 to 30 mins?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Melissa, Thank you for your question. To change the settings between the 15 -30 mins, simply turn the dial to select the SuperQuick 15/30 program. Once set you can change the time by selecting the 'speed eco' button, which is on the right hand side of the 'finished in'. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Dee
Deeasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

How do I change the water temperature? It says press and hold the Temp. control button but it keeps reverting back and it is not clear which temperature it has settled on.e.g sometimes I want to do a 15-30 minute wash on a hot temp. setting. Is this possible?

Hi Dee,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Washing Machine. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Adrienne
Adrienneasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Can you advise the water consumption for the various wash cycles. The manual is not particularly helpful
Also is it possible to do a pre wash with a mixed load - or only on cotton? My old model did this and I used it a lot

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Can you ring them?

Hi Adrienne,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing Machine.
The water consumption for our product is 64 l water consumption per wash. You are able to preform a pre-wash on the cotton wash only, you are able to however use the rinse plus option on the machine. This will do an intensive pre-rinse before the main wash cycle

Julie S.
Julie S.asked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Can you use laundry washing powder in the machine or do you have to use liquid?

Rado
Rado

you could use both.

Joanne asked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Please help! I can’t open the door. The key is flashing but it just won’t open. How do I open it manually?

rkruk
rkruk

There is a leaver in the front filter area (bottom right circle) open that and you can use a screwdriver to open

Joanne

The childproof lock turned out to be the problem but thank you for responding.

Hi Joanne,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing Machine.
To activate/deactivate, press and hold the rpm 0 and Finished in ñ buttons at the same time for approx three seconds and you will see the lock symbol appear in the display panel. this information can be found on page 26 of your user manual.
There is an emergency door release option. Please follow below instructions which can be found on page 33 of your user manual.
1.Pull out the mains plug.
2. Open and remove the service flap.
3. Insert the cross-head screwdriver into the emergency release. Pull it downwards to the end (not less than 1cm).
4.Release it- now the washing machine door can open.

Bruce
Bruceasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

My landlord has provided this washing machine, but the cloths come out quite damp compared to my previous top-loader. They aren't wet exactly, but not very dry either. Damper than I would expect. The supplier said that if they don't find a problem they will charge me for the callout. So I guess I'm stuck with this problem. Is there a fault, or do front loaders not spin dry so well?

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for your question. Have you tried to increase the RPM Spin Speed during the cycle?

Sarah.L
Sarah.Lasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

I've had this machine for 8 months. I did 3 loads of washing yesterday. The first 2 were fine and on the 3rd, it sounded like it was running completely differently. I went and had a look at it and the tap light was lit up and the normal amount of water was not getting into it. There are no changes or issues with the water pressure everywhere else in my house and the fact 2 loads were fine and then it did this out of nowhere. I ran a load today and it still has low pressure and is showing the tap light. What could be causing this and what can I do to fix it?

Hi Sarah L,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Washing Machine. We recommend checking the connection to your inlet hose and water connection.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Rachael Adams
Rachael Adamsasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

A friend has a 15 min quick wash setting on her Bosch. I was wondering about the settings on this one. And how many kilos for each setting? (A previous reviewer commented on needing a full 3hrs for 7.5kg)

Hi Rachel Adams,
Thanks for your question. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11599 in the subject line we will email you further information about WAN22120AU.

Angela Jones
Angela Jonesasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Is there a setting on the machine to change the kilo weight for a cycle?
My machine keeps saying it’s set to 2.0kg?

Hi Angela Jones,
Thanks for your question. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11527 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Sarah
Sarahasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

I am interested in this washing machine. Could you please tell me the power consumption in Watts during the wash and spin cycles? I cannot find that information anywhere. Thank you!!

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for your question, the WAN22120AU Washing Machine has a 64 l water consumption per wash and 285 kWh energy consumption p.a. on Cotton 60C, Eco, 1100 r/min wash program.

Mollydogasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Does this washing machine heat the water or does it need to be connected to the hot water tap?

Therese
Therese

No hot water connection, it heats the water.

Mollydog

Ok thanks. Haven't got my machine yet was hoping that was the case.

Maree
Mareeasked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

I purchased a Bosch front loader a few weeks ago and am having trouble every time we want to wash. We have a flashing symbol for every cycle and a relentless beep and it won’t wash. We check if it’s over full, the temperature, the childlock etc etc and when we do get it to wash we have no known reason why it did work. Please help! !

Hi Maree,
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11420 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Sosaia H.
Sosaia H.asked
Serie 4 WAN22120AU

Can this machine take laundry powder? Do I remove the liquid measuring aid to and add the powder into the compartment?

See all Bosch Serie 4 Front Load Washing Machines questions