Bosch Serie 8 WAW28460AU

216 questions from our users

giancarla d.

giancarla d.asked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Is this machine an Aqua Stop model?

Hi Giancaela d.,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch WAW28460AU. This appliance has aquasecure.

Ricky

Rickyasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Does anyone know how to remove the door cover from this washing machine? Can’t find anything on you tube, and the door hinge is snapped. I ordered another one but can’t replace it. Seems to be a common problem with the hinge snapping, but can’t find how to fix it. Very frustrating.

Hi Ricky,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Washing Machine. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10910 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Tania-Marie M.

Tania-Marie M.asked

Having trouble opening blue drain bung scared I will break it. Error 18

Hi Tania-Marie M,
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Ivy L.

Ivy L.asked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

The fabric softener compartment is not emptying. How do I fix it? I have cleaned the dispenser drawer but it still doesn't empty.

Hi Ivy L,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Washing Machine.

Joy E.

Joy E.asked

how do you warm wash?

Hi Joy E,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing Machine.
Using the temperature button on your display screen, you are able to set the temperature with each cycle. The program overview will let you know the maximum and minimum temperature for each. We recommend referring to page 10 and 14 (program overview) of your user manual.

Tara

Taraasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Does the machine WAW28640AU/21 weigh your clothes? I notice that each program has a weight limit, but how do you know how much weight you’re putting in the drum? Assuming you need scales in the laundry to weigh?

Tigz
Tigz

Hi Tara , I read the manual cover to cover and I recall it mentioning advised limits per particular cycle , on more premium bosch models at the top end I know they do it for you , as for ours well I personally don't wash heavy dooners or blankets as I feel it would be pushing the machine a bit hard , most times it can handle a fair wack of towels and clothes etc with no issues , best thing would be to ask Bosch or read the manual it does have tips there , I'll have a read of mine tomorrow and get in touch if I see any info I'll let you know , Simon

Hi Tara,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing Machine.
The weight limit is a guide for dry washing weight before a cycle. This is to prevent damage to the machine and clothes if a machine was overloaded.

Papi

Papiasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

I would like to know if I am able to change the temperature setting on the cotton cycle? Automatically it comes in on 40 degrees. Can I change this?

Hi Papi,
Thanks for your question, Please refer to page 14 & 18 of your user manual. Depending on what stage the
program is in, you can change the set temperature before and during the program. https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/washers-dryers/washing-machines/front-load-washing-machines/WAW28460AU?breadcrumb=null#/Tabs=tab-3185783/
If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

HelenP

HelenPasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

I am extremely disappointed with my Bosch Series 8 Washing Machine woollens cycle. I have completely wrecked a favourite wool jumper. I have found that the wool cycle doesn't fully spin at the end. The jumper in question was left in a puddle of water. I was held up and didn't get to it in time, so it lay there for a couple of hours. I then tried spinning it in the rinse/spin cycle - yet another 15 minutes of excess water. It has shrunk badly and pilled and i've thrown it away.
This has happened a couple of times with woollens. Today I had to wring out a jumper by hand, in a towel. When, however, I've washed a warm shirt in the wool cycle, it spun perfectly.

What is going on??

Helen

Hi HelenP,
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 and select option to for our product careline. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Brian watt

Brian wattasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Anyone get washing powder marks left on the door seal after wash, dont think this happened on other branded washing machines and looks to be staining the seal already after a day old?

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your question.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10656 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Nightshade17

Nightshade17asked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Is this machine at stackable?

Hi Nightshande17,
Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch Washing Machine. You can stack a dryer on top of this machine, provided that you use the correct stacking kit accessory to prevent the dryer from moving.
We would not recommend the the machine be stacked on top of the dryer as washing machines are too heavy, especially when full of water and wet clothes. They also vibrate more during operation as their spin speeds are higher, increasing the risk of accidents if stacked.If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Marg Toon

Marg Toonasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

I had and still have the same issue with water pooling at the bottom of the seal. A Technician came out (under warranty) and replaced the seal saying that it was faulty and was bulging at the sides thereby creating the water to pool at the base. It seems that this is not the issue and I agree must be a design fault as it is still happening & I too have water being dragged out along with the washing every time I finish a wash.

Julie Edmonds
Julie Edmonds

This is happening to the machine I have only just purchased, I hope there is an answer ?

Hi Marg Toon,
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10691 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Sharon Wee
Sharon Wee

I have the exact same issue. Machine is only a week old and this is extremely annoying and I’m concerned about mould issues if nothing is done to resolve it.

Cathyasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Hi there, new to front loading washing machines. What is best for the Bosch Serie 8. Liquid or powder detergent? Also I have the WAW28460AU what wash setting is best for towels and bed sheets? Many thanks

Len

Hi, I use both. However I find powder removes dirty clothes better. I sometimes mix a bit of both to make the powder a liquid although the water does rush in to do it once it's activated. I think most washing liquids and softeners are similar, except the cheap and nasty ones. Also, resist constantly dripping the liquids and powders on the machine, it will eventually damage it; e.g. rust from overflow. I did that to our Beko.

My towels and bed sheets come out fine in the quick cycle as they're not that dirty, but sooner the better, give the machine and I a comfortable time. I don't know why people have to wash so long, life is too short.

When I have to I've tried the recommended settings for a longer and efficient wash that promotes a satisfaction guarantee: So, try cottons and pre-wash; add 'speed echo' and 'rinse plus' on the digital touch pad. However, this will extend the wash time out; gone shopping, or safer/better sleep, other/free-time :D

Visit the supplementary page that came with the operational manual 'overview of programs' then enjoy the nice clean aromatic smell of fresh bed sheets.

You'll need to use the delicate wash for more expensive silks for e.g. what I like about it is they only take 38mins, spend more money on silks and have less wash time, sounds good to me, love the feel of silk. Cotton (Egyptian is the best) provides absorbency and a soft hand, while polyester adds durability and wrinkle resistance.

You could always use a pre-wash soak in your laundry tub by hand, like my mum use to do after leaving the washboard behind; worked! Those old tub and roller machines were the go in the day; quite interesting https://thescrubba.com/blogs/news/how-people-used-to-wash-the-fascinating-history-of-laundry

Apologies for the long answer/s, will try to keep it down in future.

Cathy

Many thanks for your detailed answer! That's very kind of you Len.

Gayle Pasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

My machine is new and I noticed that after a cycle there is some residue water in the dispenser where I put the detergent and also in the fabric softener compartment even though I haven’t added fabric softener. Also a bit of water on the rubber rim. Is that normal?

Hi Gayle,
Thanks for the question . A small amount of residual water in the detergent compartment and rim is normal. Just be sure that you leave the door and detergent drawer open so that any residual water can evaporate. Also ensure you wipe the rubber seal dry. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Thanks for your reply. Will do . Gayle

Boris B.

Boris B.asked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Does it completely made in Germany?

Hi Boris B.,
Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch washing machine WAW28460AU.
We can confirm this model is manufactured in Germany.

Rain T

Rain Tasked

Hi there
Does the prewash function do a full wash/agitate, rinse and spin before the main wash? And does it drain the prewash water prior to the main wash - so that main wash has clean water? Thanks!

Hi Rain,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WAW28460AU.
The machine will agitate during and drain the water after pre-wash cycle without spin and takes new water for main wash cycle.

Thang Duong

Thang Duongasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Hello, I confusing about the time to wash, sometime I see only 30min left but after few minutes I see 34 min left, please advise me about this , thank you very much, Regards Thang.

Hi Thang,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WAW28460AU.
The time displayed is an estimate on the cycle settings. It can change based on the water going through the sensors at multiple stages throughout the cycles.

Karenasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Hi how do you spin only as I can see rinse and spin but need a spin only function

acmesounds
acmesounds

Hi Karen, I haven’t used the machine to spin only, but in the manual it states to press the rinse plus button which turns off the rinse and will spin only. Try that and see how you go.

Karen

Yes I worked it out too thank you for your answer all good

Ivy S

Ivy Sasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

As my machine does not have idos can you recommend dosage of liquid detergent? I use omo ultimate

Kristen and Teresa
Kristen and Teresa

I use powder in it. Not liquid

Kaj
Kaj

Me too i use powder

Hi Ivy,
Thanks for your question regarding your washing machine.
We can only recommend following the instructions by Omo for dosage.

Jenny Gasked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Hi there. My new machine is working well however water pools in the rubber rim so that when the cycle has completed I am dragging the spun washing over and through this puddle. Is there meant to be a drainage hole there, or the rubber seal adjusted?? It is brand new (less than 2 weeks old) so under warranty.

Hi Jenny,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch __.
Cleaning the door seal is a part of the regular maintenance as described on page 24 of your user manual. There should be a drain there but it can get blocked. If there's no blockage and the water doesn't drain then a service would be recommended.

Jenny G

Thanks but this isn't a cleaning issue - it is a brand new machine with what appears to be a design fault or a rubber seal that has a fault or the rubber seal hasn't been installed properly on assembly (I'm guessing) !!

Glen D
Glen D

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem Jenny. I have a 3 month old series 8 as well, and experience exactly the same issue with water pooling on the door seal after each cycle ends. The machine has had this happening every wash since brand new. When the laundry is removed it picks up water from this puddle and then some water also spills down on the floor as well, which I then have to wipe up, or someone might slip and fall. I have been putting up with this, but would expect for a machine of this quality and price that it would be investigated by Bosch as a matter of urgency.

Mikey2709

Mikey2709asked

Serie 8 WAW28460AU

Had this machine for almost 4 years-no problems. Just this week it appears the water inlet hose is closing off stopping water filling machine. Have cleaned filters but still problem persists. Seems to be some kind of shut off valve is faulty in the hose end that connects to the tap as running water through the hose while disconnected from the machine sometimes works and other times not. Is this a case of replacing the inlet hose?

Hi Mikey,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WAW28460AU.
The inlet hose is just one possibility. There may be something else that is causing the issue. You have the choice of replacing the hose and maybe needing a service call afterwards anyway or arranging a service call and only needing a hose. If there was an incident with the water supply causing the Aquasecure(anti flood safety device) to trip, the hose will need to be replaced.
If you need any more help or to arrange a service call, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Front Load Washing Machines questions