Brivis Questions & Answers

17 questions from our users

gwyther

gwytherasked

2 year old brivis buffalo broken down for second time. Anyone know if there is an issue with these?

Hi gwyther,

Thank you for the question, we would recommend booking a service call. Please refer to our website with the following link: https://www.rinnai.com.au/support-resources/online-service-booking

Troy K.

Troy K.asked

Im getting an error code 58 on my Brivis NC3, which doesnt appear in the manual. Does that require a technician ?

Hi Troy,

This error code relates to either the Vacuum switch or a condensate problem. We would recommend contacting our technical team on 1300 555 545 option 3 and they may be able to help or arrange for a service call.

Janasked

What is the expected kwh usage when operating the Ice add on ducted refrigerated unit?

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Ben

Benasked

Brivis Refrigerated Cooling... as per Sarah's question above

My cooling is on (snowman symbol on) and yet the rooms are still 26 degrees even though my cooling is set on 18, it's so hot, why????

Also, why does the condenser keeps on stopping while on cooling mode? Sometimes it stops for a few minutes.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your question.

We recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on
1300 555 545 (Option 3).

Janasked

We have the Ice add on refrigerated air conditioning. Worked wonderfully for 10 years now it (even after a service) seems to be hunting and not reaching desired temperature. Found Brivis less than helpful.

Patricia
Patricia

Sorry about that I found Brivis very helpful.

HI Jan,

1300 555 545 (option 3).

I did that last year.

Hendoasked

Hello
We have been in our (new house) for a year and 4 months. The Brivis evaporative cooler will now only work on fan. When set on cooling however, the fan stops , pre wetting continues Indefinitely with water draining down drainpipe continuosly and no fan or cooling happening at all. We have no documentation from builder. Would this be covered by warranty if we book a service call?

Thanks Trevor and Viola Henderson.

Alekozai
Alekozai

iam pretty sure the warranty would be more than a year plus, if u call them they should be able to tell you wether its still under warranty or not by the address or model number.

Cheers for your reply
Viola

Rinnai A.Brivis

Thanks for the question Trevor and Viola. The evaporative cooler has a 5 year parts and labour warranty which covers manufacturing faults with the unit. We would recommend calling our technical help desk on 1300 274 847 who can run through some troubleshooting with you and advise if a service call is required.

jim b.asked

We currently have an L 30 contour, can you tell whether an L36 contour will go on the plenum that we currently have! Or what unit might fit this plenum? Cheers

David A.
David A.

I have the same unit which is being replaced by a L36 and a new controller next Thursday. The installers said that the L36 is the correct replacement for our 20 year old L30.

Thanks David

Hi Jim b,

Thank you for your question.
The L36 is the upgrade for the L30 contour and no further installation requirements are necessary.

Praveen K.asked

Does Brivis DualComfort ICE needs 3 phase electricity? Will it work in Single Phase?

Hi Praveen K,

The electricity requirement is dependent on the unit, Brivis DualComfort ICE units only require single phase electricity up to 17kw. However the 18kw and 22kw Brivis DualComfort ICE units require 3 phase electricity.

Praveen K.

Makes sense. Thanks for the quick response:)

con

conasked

where is the brivis bx320 model made in? which country?

Hi Con,

Thanks for your question, the Brivis BX320 is made in Australia.

hao l.

hao l.asked

Hi my Brivis duct heating fan not working any one know how much it cost to fix it

5k

Wabs
Wabs

Try finding an authorised Brivis service agent, in your area. It will be much cheaper than Brivis.

Teresa R.
Teresa R.

If it is still within warranty period then brivis but their customer service is very poor. You may need to be pushy and contact Consumer Affairs Vic if brivis don't help
If not within warranty then use a licensed repairer and avoid Brivis

Mark D.

Mark D.asked

HI i have a brivis unit it keep tripping the power when its turn on at the power point any idear why ??? Hi module fault ???

Jocelyn

I had an old unit. My guy told us Brivis lasts only 15 years after that there will be cracks in the unit. Ours had carbon monoxide emitting because the heat exchanger had a crack. I suggest you have your unit checked immediately as this is extremely lethal. Could be just dust messing up the system too but better know for sure.

Rinnai A.Brivis

Thank you for the question Mark D. We recommend contacting our 1st Care customer service on 1300 555 545 option 2 for further assistance.

Scroopy

Scroopyasked

We bought our Brivis Contour Series 6 evaporative aircon 14 months ago and it has already broken down. We heard a pop noise and it lost all power. Just been told that it will be a week before a technician can even look at it. I asked if they could possibly attend earlier, and they said no due to having a skeleton staff over the summer holidays. The irony of this is killing me. I mean, your busiest time of the year as a aircon company would be summer, and that’s when your staff go on holidays? Seriously, wouldn't you organise your staff to go on holidays in spring or Autumn or some off peak season? We paid over 5 thousand dollars for this unit, and it has not seen two summers yet before breaking down, and we now have to wait a week during the hottest time of the year before we get a tech visit. I bet once they get here they will inform us that they will need to order a part and them more waiting. I bet our warranty doesn't cover this also. Lets see.

Tarvinder

Tarvinderasked

Which is a vest in both L46 and L56 in evocative cooling? thanks

Angela L

Angela Lasked

What is the best gas ducted heating unit to purchase and from whom?

Sarahasked

Brivis Refrigerated Cooling...

Julie
Julie

Did you get an answer to this question Sarah, or find out what the problem was? Mine is doing the same thing

Cade W.
Cade W.

They bomb out on high pressure at 45*deg. Mist coil with the garden hose in the hot part of the day. So the a/c can catch up.

Sarah

This was not what the problem was. My beautiful children turned the switch off outside

Lulu Zhang

Lulu Zhangasked

mine all of a sudden broken down in the middle of a winter night. after going through all the comments above, i am deeply concerned and wonder if I should get a technician instead?

Kris
Kris

My building and the heater were still in the warranty period. After waiting a week for response from Brivis, I called up my builder and the heating installer and gave them a mouthful. The very next day I got a message from Brivis on my cellphone to confirm an appointment the following day. The heater was fixed on the day of the appointment, no charges.

Mish
Mish

If your heater is under warranty you need to phone Brivis - other wise call your own technician, from what my installer told me Brivis are very hard to deal with even from their perspective.
Stay warm

Kiru
Kiru

First I got my Installer, as the heater was installed only a year ago. The technician from the installer came straight away and said , It is the Braves Unit which is the problem and call Brivis , since the Unit is under Warranty Period. Brivis gave a hard time , taking two weeks to fix the Unit . Brivis don't care attitude

Reka

Rekaasked

what air conditioning brand is the best for a single storey house?

Navi
Navi

Bonaire / breezeair are the best brands

Ombre
Ombre

After my experience. I think Brivis is certainly lacking.

Get an answer from our members and Brivis representatives