27Bugaboo Fox

Bugaboo Fox Questions & Answers

27Bugaboo Fox
Mason E.
Mason E. · Fox 2

I’ve snapped the folding component to my Fox 2 chassis, can I use the bed/seat component of the fox 2 on the fox 1 chassis

Nadumz
Nadumz · Fox (1st Gen)

Hello I have misplaced my underseat basket from my bugaboo Fox 1st Gen. And all your baskets from the 1st gen are out if stock. Do the new Fox 4/5 underseat baskets work for the foz 1st gen?

Emmab2402
Emmab2402 · Fox

Hi. My 2 month old hates the bassinet now. Are there any accessories suitable to help her transition to the seat & remain safe?

Kassandra K.
Kassandra K. · Fox

Can the head cap on the fox 2 be washed?

Tam
Tam · Fox 3

Hi, are the bugaboo fox 3 hoods compatible with cameleon 3?

Danielle W.
Danielle W. · Fox

Hi there, I love my fox 3. However my 2 month old hates lying flat in the bassinet. Is there an infant insert I can use on the seat to make it appropriate for him? My friend has one on her Upperbaby pram and my son loves it, so hoping there’s something similar for the fox! Thanks

Veronica T.
Veronica T. · Fox (1st Gen)

Does the Bugaboo Fox 1 toddler seat frame fit the Bugaboo Fox 3 stroller thanks?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi there and thank you for your question. Yes the Fox 1 seat hardware will fit on all models of Bugaboo Fox.

The team at Bugaboo x

Nina L. · Fox 3

Hi team,

On the Fox 3, what is the point of the seat cap? I had to remove it to put the foot muff on. I had to pick the stitching and then cut some thread to get the zip to move so feels like this is something that Bugaboo would prefer stays on the pram? The foot muff otherwise wouldn’t work with the Fox 3. Is there another way to put the foot muff on the Fox 3 without removing the seat cap?

Thanks,
Nina

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Nina, Thank you for your question.
The head cap is an Australian safety standard and the purpose is to stop a child slipping between the seat fabric and the canopy should the pram fall backwards (very unlikely and would have to be a user error such as dropping the pram). Which is why we always advise that the child be securely harnessed in at all times, the wrist safety strap used when moving and the brake locked when stationary.
The team at Bugaboo.

Nina L.

Thanks team Bugaboo. So confirming that the only way to be able to correctly install the foot muff is to take the head cap off?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Nina, It is possible to correctly install the footmuff either with or without the seat cap. Depending on the height of your child you may prefer to remove it or leave it on as the footmuff will sit directly underneath the seat cap and the shoulder straps thread through to hold it in place.

The team at Bugaboo x

Lex
Lex · Fox

We have a Fox 2. There is a cap or visor around the top and sides of the seat. Our child has outgrown this at age 2 and it means her head is tucked up way inside. She has to lean forward to get out from under it to be able to look around or to see out in front. We have worked out how to remove the visor but is the seat safe to use without this attachment? The seat back now seems flimsy without it.

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Lex Thanks for the question.

The seat cap acts as a safety feature and is designed to remain on the pram. If you need the additional height however, you can remove it and you can use the seat fabric without the seat cap. Ensure to always lock your Fox seat frame into the recline positions and ensure your child is safely harnessed in at all times.

Nic R.
Nic R.

Hi Bugaboo, what is the safety feature of the seat cap please? Thanks

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Nic, Great question! The seat cap is designed to stop a child from slipping between the seat fabric and canopy should the pram fall backwards. However it would be very unlikely that your pram should tip backwards (it's not something that would just happen, it would have to be a user error) - which is why along with ensuring the child is securely harnessed in at all times, the wrist safety strap should also be used and the brake engaged when not moving.

The team at Bugaboo.

Nina R. · Fox

Hi, when is it advisable to remove the head support from the cocoon?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Nina, Thanks for your question. We note you have posted your comment in the Bugaboo Fox section but have mentioned the cocoon. To confirm, are you referring to the Bugaboo cocoon - this product here?
external link

Nina R.

Yes, that’s the one I’m referring to

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Nina, Thanks for confirming. You can remove it at your discretion. The head support is there to provide additional comfort for those early months but if your child is outgrowing it you can remove it :)

Siobhan S.
Siobhan S. · Fox 2

Hi, I have a bugaboo fox 2. I’m wondering if the new fox 3 bassinet fabric will fit on my fox 2?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Siobhan, The Bugaboo Fox 3 bassinet fabrics are compatible with your Fox 2 :)

Ruby. D
Ruby. D · Fox 2

Why does my cameleon3 breezy sun canopy (2017) not have a hole in the back to insert the seat adjuster lever? I can see in the website pics that they normally do? I am using it on my Fox. I purchased the breezy canopy second hand

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Ruby, Can you share the item code of your breezy sun canopy? If it is a Cameleon 3 breezy specifically, it may be that it was manufactured prior to the release of the Fox pram; meaning it was only compatible with the Cameleon 3 at the time. We now have the breezy sun canopies that are compatible with Cameleon 3, Fox and Lynx - these will have the opening at the back to accommodate for the Fox reclining lever.

Carly N. · Fox 2

Is there an adapter for the bugaboo fox 2 so that the infant seat sits higher on the frame?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Carly, Thanks for your question.

The attachment point for the seats is on the chassis of the pram, there is no way to bring this point up higher, sorry about that.

Carly N.

No worries, potentially a new product idea to design then for us tall Mummas or people with bad backs. :-)

Kaz R.
Kaz R. · Fox (1st Gen)

My bugaboo fox (1st Gen) frame has broken. Will the seat, wheels etc fit a bugaboo fox 3 or 2 frame?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Kaz Thank you for your question.

The Fox 1 parts will be compatible with a Fox 2 or Fox 3 chassis.

Rachel
Rachel · Fox

Can I wash the seat fabric on bugaboo fox 2? I don’t know how to take the foam out?

Hi Rachel Yes you can!
The foam no longer needs to be removed. It is now sewn into the fabric and is safe to go through your machine on a cool gentle cycle.

The team at bugaboo

Isabel
Isabel · Fox (1st Gen)

Hi,

My Bugaboo fox (2018) chassis has broken. Will the 2018 model seat fit on a Fox 2 Chassis?

Many thanks

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Isabel Yes, you may use a Fox 1 seat frame on a Fox 2 chassis.

Mona · Fox 3

Hi! I bought a used runner since this is out of production and a new fox 3. I have the wrong adapter, but I don’t think it will fit with the fox adapter either. It looks like the runner attachment point is too narrow for the fox seat/bassinet. From what I can find online it should fit, but are there several generations runners? I’m based in Europe.

Bugaboo   DM

Hi there, This page is monitored by the team at Bugaboo AU/NZ.

You may need to reach out to the Bugaboo page of your region for this enquiry.

Mona

If you have one adapter that fits the runner and fox 3 in AU/NZ I will buy it to try.

Maeanne
Maeanne · Fox

Can the fox 3 bassinet be used on the original fox?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Maenne Yes you may use this combination.

Jen B · Fox 2

Hello,

I was just wondering if you can use the fox 2 bassinet to carry your newborn out of the hospital to your car? Or is it best to attach the bassinet to the chassis frame?

We decided not to purchase a car capsule but decided to go with a 0-4 year car seat instead, I just want to confirm the bassinet is safe to carry your newborn inside by just using the handle of you recommend attaching the bassinet to the stroller?

Thank you.

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Jen Thanks for the question!

You can definitely carry the Fox 2 bassinet by the carry handle. You can carry up to 9kg this way.

You can see this here in the video from 1.00 min external link

We hope this helps.

Hi team,

Thank you so much for the information, really appreciate it. Absolutely, very helpful.

Can’t wait to meet our little man!

Have a wonderful day!

Jean Paul D.
Jean Paul D. · Fox 3

Are the bugaboo fox 1 fabrics from seat an bassinet compatible with the bugaboo fox 3 chassis?

Bugaboo   DM

Hi Jean Paul D., Yes they sure are :)

The team at Bugaboo

Get an answer from our members and Bugaboo representatives

Select a listing for your question
Bugaboo Fox