Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid Questions & Answers

19 questions from our users

Clare.A

Clare.Aasked

Hi my husband put some ant rid down in the bathroom the ant crawled into my denture contain I didnt know this I took my dentures out rinsed and put in my mouth I think I may have poisoned myself what are the side effects

Johnny G.

The advice in case of poisoning - as written on the Ant-Rid bottle is to telephone the "Poisons Information Centre".
Australia 131 126.
Basic Stuff.

Charles Davison

Charles Davisonasked

can it be put on cement ?

Johnny G.

It could, but it will probably soak in, depending on the texture of the cement.
Put down a strip of non-porous adhesive tape or metal(like a jam bottle lid)first, then apply the product on top.

Ginger K.

Ginger K.asked

How come the ant rid gel isn’t thick anymore?
The last bottles I ever had would drop down onto the window ledge and stick up like a gel bubble, it was a darker brown colour too.
The new dual packet ant rid I bought at Bunnings is light like a pale yellow colour and drips down and spreads across the ledge like water. Then the ants don’t hover around it like a sperm to an ovum (that’s what they use to do)
The new ant rid - the ants just walk around it like it’s water.

I’ve been using ant rid for a few weeks now and nothing had happened - it’s like it’s a fertilisation drug - more and more and more ants are coming

FastTurtle
FastTurtle

I'm a 1st time user and so far it has worked really well. I applied it at night as there is generally less movement around the house - not sure if that is of any help.

Pauline Poppi
Pauline Poppi

As I stated in my review, the quality of the product has deteriorated every time I purchased one. This is my third bottle.

Just a bad batch.

Bettasked

I have placed ant baits around door in laundry. They seem to have one track going
along the base of the door. The baits have been there for 8 days they seem to go away for a while and then come back again. How long does it take to work?

Katrina Price
Katrina Price

Hard to say, we placed some drops in an old lid, I then poured in some left over coffee. The sugar in the coffee attracted them and they drank the poison with the liquid. They were gone in about 12 hours. Without the sweet liquid they didn't seem interested in the bait.

Jay
Jay

Bett - Do yourself a favour, go find Talon Gel and try that.. Personal experience recently with Antrid especially the baits is it was hopeless and nothing like it once was. Same experience as you, they came and then go and you think great, then they back again and often totally ignore the baits.. we persisited for about 3 weeks and gave it up with Antrid..

Use a bit of Talon Gel and in less than a day no more ants and not seen them there since. You do this and watch the 'MASSIVE' invasion of ants and they will not go past the gel which you can put anywhere, vertical, Horizontal even upside down on a ceiling if need too.

Had one other invasion in lounge room, same deal put out a couple 1cm long string of Talon Gel, within a day the ants gone never seen them back.. Talon is dearer (about $8 a tube) but absolutely worth it and worked for us 100% and at the moment outside in our region it is a massive invasion of ants absolutely everywhere, have not bothered with them outside as there are billions and billions of them, but they do not come into house anymore... Still have the tube we opened in storage for just in case, not needed so far for months.. Good luck...

Bett

Thank you for your information will give a try

drift

driftasked

the ants seems to be drinking it and dying or drowning instead of collecting it and bringing it to the nest. i tried to put the ant rid in a cap at first but that seemed to make most of them drown so i moved to just putting pools of it on the kitchen counter but now they are just dying while still surrounding the puddle of ant rid. am i using it wrong?

cherry collins
cherry collins

Well after some ant trouble and finding the borax mixture didnt work here and at first the antrid did not work....I finally have a solution, partly due to help from others and partly my experiments. I went back to antrid, which the ants would not go near before. There seems to be a trick to it someone pointed out....USE ONLY ONE DROP of antrid in any one spot......you can put one drop, in as many places as you want, but only one drop....and they seem to go for it.....but use a larger circle of it and no, they wont eat it. The second thing is, I had to drop a few grains of sugar into the art rid and around it.....not too much because we want to be killing them, not giving them dessert. lol. After trying this, it seems to work well. Good luck.

ellen

ellenasked

Dear Ant Rid
I successfully removed ants from my kitchen - some years ago - through use of your 4-pack product.
Now I have a problems of brown ants in my shower recess. Could I use the 4-pack product in an area that obviously becomes very wet. I'm trying the liquid meantime, until I receive your answer.
Please help

Joshy

I believe the best way to help you out would be to place in various locations the dry packs in that room - it should increase the ants for some time but after some time you should notice the ants dwindling in numbers as they should be killing thierselfs and thier queen. - thus destroying the whole colony
Ps. I'm not from ant rid but I hope this helps

Scarpia

Scarpiaasked

How do I get rid of the caked on dried Ant Rid solution?
It seems impossible to scrape off the tiles

Joshy

As stated on the package it says to wipe away when a 'skin' forms best to clean before that happens
I know in your case it has dried up so get a disposable cloth wet it and cover the area affected leave it there for some time and this should 'rehydrate' it to clean away
Hope this helps!

fester

festerasked

I'm also wondering about the shelf life of Ant Rid. The bottle I have has a 'D.O.M' 13.Jan.14 (presumably Date of Manufacture?) which has now gone darker in colour. Its been kept as per the storage instructions - 'in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight'.
The bottom line is...Has the product deteriorated significantly since its purchase?

Joshy

There is no best before date or any use by date stated on the packaging
Only a manufactured date

Julieasked

I have discovered ants in my bedroom coming out of the powerpoint beside the bed. They are now out and endulging on my ant rid in thousands. Could they be donig damage to the electric wiring behind the powerpoint?

Grumpy666

I believe they can damage the wires, I had the same problem there were a lot of dead ants in the plughole cavity I had an electrician here one day and he replaced the outlet. I think they can corrode the wiring.

Julie

Thankyou, I will have it checked. They are still happily endulging on the golden nectar, although many have drowned!!

Julie

Leptobrama.....thankyou for your valuable contribution.

Sheena

Sheenaasked

Does this product have a expiry date?

Grumpy666

Probably has I don't really know, I only bought it this year so expect it would not be out of date

leptobrama

If you can't find an expiry date then it doesn't have one. Der.

Charlie D.
Charlie D.

I phoned the company that makes it and they said 2 years is the shelf life. 3 jan 2020

Jas

Jasasked

Does this product have an expire date? Coz I am using the one it was produced in 2011 and seems the ants come to eat and go and come back. It has been 4 days now. They are still there and eating...

Grumpy666

I only bought mine a couple of months ago and the ants think it is a smorgasbord keep coming back for me. The one I used many years ago worked much better.

leptobrama

If you can't find an expiry date then it doesn't have one. Der.

Mathew martin

Mathew martinasked

Can person die from ingestion of ant-rid?

Joshy

Ingestion: If swallowed, may cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
and abdominal pain.
Please make sure you DO NOT INDUCE vomiting
AND contact your poisons contact that is in your area/country

Dragana Petricevic

Dragana Petricevicasked

when using Ant-rid how long does it take for ants to stop coming back??

Peaches
Peaches

Depends how big the ant problem is. When I lived in suburbia it used to take only one to two days. Now I live on a farm in the country there are many, many more ants. I don't like to put a lot out at once and not long after I put it out it is surrounded by ants and I put out some more little spots of liquid until all the ants form circles around the spots and as it starts disappearing I keep adding more. New ants keep coming but the amount of ants gradually decreases and it can take anywhere from two days to about 8 days depending on how many ants are in the nest. My daughter now lives in Sydney and she told me she had a problem with ants and had used a few products and had not been able to get rid of them and I told her to get some and use it and she was amazed at how well it worked - got rid of them straight away. My husband got the plastic baits by mistake one time though instead of the liquid and it did not work and you can't see the bait inside the plastic so you have no idea if there is any left. I would never get those again .

leptobrama

Depends on the size of the nest & the species.

CoffeeBender
CoffeeBender

At my house after about 24hrs the numbers of ants feeding starts to reduce. I stopped putting fresh bait out and cleaned up the area about 48 hours after id first put the bait out. Then sealed the crack at the skirting board where they'd been entering the house. I haven't had a reoccurrence.

Twocutecats

Twocutecatsasked

Is it safe for cats to use?

leptobrama

Cats don't need to use it. They don't care about ants.

Joshy

Please contact your local pet care place for a check up if you suspect the cat has swallowed any if The cat has soon after the cat may experience gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
and abdominal pain.
Yeah... Not nice in any way

Chris2833

Chris2833asked

I'm using the Ant Rud tablets. It says they work for up to 3 months. My question is "from when". I've just bought a pack with date of manufacture of October 2015. Does that mean they have been ineffective since January 2016? I can't find a use - by date.

Brian Mc
Brian Mc

I have never used the tablets & now I am simply using my home made recipe of honey with say 40% Borax added/mixed in ... cheap & works very well.

Maybe take the tablets back to the retailer for a refund.

Bella

Hi Chris........I have never used the Tablets so I cannot give you an answer. Have you tried the gel Ant Rid in the syringe? I purchased some from Coles and it worked well 'on 2 out of 3' ants! It was around $7.00 so not cheap but I am happy with the results. Try Brian's 'home made' ant rid. I am going to give it a go! (Thanks Brian).
Good Luck

Sukellesu
Sukellesu

I think I would just avoid all of their products !

Nellie

Nellieasked

How do you know if you have sugar ants or ants that like fat? We are going on a holiday in two days time and have a current ant problem in our kitchen. I don't want to return from holidays with an even bigger infestation so what's the best approach?

Charlotte
Charlotte

I'm sorry Nellie, but I don't know! I just put out abt rid every time I see trails and sometimes it works permanently and sometimes it works for a few days. What I have done that's really helped is taken away EVERY source of their food in my kitchen - which now means I also keep my sink spotless. Best of luck (closing thought... I wonder if putting food outside and away from house would help...? Not ideal but sometimes distraction is better than infestation!!!)

put sugar on one side and fat on the other side, and see which one they eat.

Judirh

Judirhasked

How do I get this out of carpet?

KRisp

Ant Rid is just a boric acid & honey mixture. Mix dishwashing liquid in some warm water & soak a sponge in it. Blot Ant Rid with sponge on the carpet stain.

leptobrama

Get some ants to eat it out.

Vivasked

How long do you leave the ant rid out? It is covered with ants but they are not going back to their colony.

grrahul
grrahul

I left several drops out at various places on the window ledge. Over time I noticed that each drop would become more and more flat and almost disappear (which means the ants had eaten them). Usually once they had their fill, they would go away (probably back to their colony to pass the love aka poison). I had to head out the day I did this. When I returned about 2-3 hours later, most of the ants were gone. I would suggest you leave the ant-rid out for several hours and don't disturb them, then check on them later. If they are the right sort of ants, it should work and the ants should disappear. I haven't had the ants return since.

KRisp

You leave Ant-rid as long as you can (I usually wipe it off because of dead ants, a couple of days later). However put another drop down & leave indefinitely to maintain.

Viv

My problem is the ants seem to have moved in. They are eating the ant rid and are not taking it back to their nest. They seem very happy to stick around. I keep thinking they are dead but when I move the traps they all start moving.
So now what?

merc

mercasked

the chemicals in ant rid if small amount was digested by a pet, would it be deadly

Shezz
Shezz

I use Ant Rid mixed 50/50 with honey for the best results.
I have a cat and a small shitzu .. they ignore it completely.