Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M500

53 questions from our users

Ed E.

Ed E.asked

Dolphin Supreme M500

What does the different settings do? All my dealer said was "Just put it on #2" I would really like to know what the other settings are for?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ed E. The Dolphin M500 is Bluetooth and smartphone compatible whereby more features are able to be accessed via the My Dolphin smartphone application. We are unsure as to what is being referred to by "#2". However, please feel free to send through any screen shots to our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com to look into this with you.

Bryan

Bryanasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

how do i replace the middle brushes?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Bryan. To replace the Active Brush, we recommend an authorised dealer to do so due to the smaller parts that hold it in place. If you'd like to locate your closest dealer for further guidance, please visit us https://book.mydolphin.com.au/find-a-dealer. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further information.

Skip

Skipasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Hi, have completed a. quick test and one side does not run one direction but runs for the 10 secs the other way, the other side all good. Does this mean that the circuit board may have a fault? The reason I ask is when the unit is in the pool after a period of time the unit just turns in one direction in circles as the crawler on the faulty side is not turning. the unit is a Supreme M5 4 years old.
Thanks Steve

Snifer
Snifer

Reason for this is with time the holders of the underneath white brush getting worn off. Easy Test is try rotating the brushes by hand manually and they should rotate. If they are not rotating freely you got a problem them. Call the help line and they will help you. When this happened to mine I called them and they sent the replacement parts which I replaced myself as it was easy. Best of luck......

Hi Steve,

Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com so that we can gather further information and understand more in depth what you are experiencing. We will then do our best to assist you.

Thank you.

JCB

JCBasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

My nearly three year old M500 has suddenly stopped working. Connector module ("reset" and "test" buttons) could be the culprit as "Test" button is now jammed. Is this likely to be the cause or is there another potential problem? How much is a replacement connector?
JC-Bellbowrie

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi JCB, if it is just under 3 years old, you will be cover by warranty for a replacement part. Please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will help you out. If you can please also get your serial number ready that would make it easier. It is located on the inside of the chassis.

ColRasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

When I connect the App to my M500 it gives me the incorrect date for the next clean. I’ve deleted the app and re-installed it. Also power cycled the main unit. Can you assist?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will connect you with customer service tech who can help.

Ella bache floral oil

Ella bache floral oilasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have just changed the foam rollers on my M5. It is now moving again, but only in circles... help.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, your best option is to call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 so we can provide some technical support.

theclutch

theclutchasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I have an M500 and it appears to be getting unreliable after the warranty expiration. The power supply button light will turn on, but the other lights (over 1, 2 and 3) will not turn on. Consequently, the robot would not turn on. I took it back to my dealer who first diagnosed it as a bad cable issue (although no dogs to bite the cable, no tears, or visible breaks). The unit performed as normal for about 2 months. Then it stopped working again. Again, a diagnosis of a bad cable (this is at $300 per cable). Less than 1 month later, it will not turn on again. The power button light will turn on, the 3 blue lights will flash twice and then all lights turn off within about 3 seconds. So is this the power supply this time? I'm almost at the point of spending the same amount of money in repairs as buying a whole new unit.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 so we can help work out exactly what is happening with your cleaner. We would gladly have a look at your Dolphin to give you the best advice.

Tom
Tom

I am having the exact same issue after 30 days!

Finn S

Finn Sasked

Do you have a dealer in Denmark? I want to Bay Dolphin M500 to My pool

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, we can recommend you to two businesses in Demark:
1) Aquatech - www.aquatec-dk.com/ (located in Fensten)
2) Welldana - www.welldana.com (located in Esbjerg)

Helen Sijsling

Helen Sijslingasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Spain calling, Guillermo. Since 3 days I have the M500 robot. Everything seems to work except moving up to the waterline. The robot goes up a bit to stay "on its hind legs". My pool has rectangular corners. Any help please?

Seba

Sebaasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Hi there. Greetings from Poland. 2 days ago I’ve bought m500 WB. I have glass mosaic pool. He could reach water line on beginning. But second day he can’t climb on walls at all. Any advices? Pool is with sweet water and active oxygen.
Sebastian

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Sebastian, your best option is to call the place of purchase for product support. Failing that please contact Maytronics, here is the link: https://www.maytronics.com/contact-us-en and we can connect you local representation.

SC swimmer

SC swimmerasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Hi, we bought a used dolphin a few weeks ago. When we are taking it out of the pool the dirt it collected spills back into the pool... what are we doing wrong?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, please call us on 1300 693 657 and we can help work out why this is happening and help you fix it up.

amy

amyasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

How often do I need to replace the filter cartridges?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, your filter cartridges should last a long time as long as you clean them regularly. You would only need to replacement when they break. If you have more questions, please feel free to call us on 1300 693 657.

Ricardo

Ricardoasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

We bought this model less than a month ago and we are having problems with the filter light. Even though we have cleaned the filters, the light remains red. Is there a way to reset the filter light after cleaning the filters? I am afraid that if we press the reset button we will lose all other settings (I was very disappointed by the bad design of the app and the overall control functions, kind of unacceptable with a pricey robot).

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657, we can help you work out what is happening.

Tony

Tonyasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Can I connect an extension cord to the power supply?

E.S
E.S

I believe you have to plug directly into the power source

Maytronics A.Maytronics

We recommend plugging your power supply directly in to the power outlet and not using an extension cord. If you have further questions, please call Maytronics on 1300 693 657.

ColR

I cannot help you with this one as I am only a happy end user.

Edie K

Edie Kasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Can you run this cleaner without the white sponge wheels?

ColR

I have no idea. Not sure it's designed to do this.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, there are two types of brochures you can use. The spongy brushes you refer to are what we call Wonder Brushes and are used for smooth pool surfaces, like fibreglass or tiled pools. The other brush type is called our Combined Brush, it feature a PVC style brush with foam rings, this brush type is designed for rougher pool surfaces like pebblecrete or concrete. Either way you need one type of brush on your Dolphin. If you have further questions, please feel free to call us on 1300 693 657.

Philippe

Philippeasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Hello Belgium asking. I have a zodiac lazernaut and he is 10 years old. It is difficult to clean because the filter is reachabele at the bottom to clean and he stucks very often at the bottom extraction wich is a little bit higher than the bottom.
Now i want to buy dolphin M500. Can i use it in my salt water? Will it stuck on the bottom? Will it clean properly? Alternatives for the M500?

Sorry for my poor english.
[email removed]

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Philippe, the M500 is ideal for all swimming pool types, so there is no problem using it in a salt pool. It will clean your floors, walls and water line effectively. For alternative products, please call us on 1300 693 657 and we will gladly help you identify the best cleaners for your pool. Alternatively, you can find the best models for your pool by following this link: www.mydolphin.com.au/which-model-is-right-for-you/

Hi
Apologies for the delay, but I've been away. My pool is salt water so that should not be a problem. Mine does not get stuck on the bottom. It even cleans the walls. I have had no problems at all with the unit. Best of luck. Regards

Rennce

Rennceasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Hello, I have recently purchased a m500 and the pool shop recommend foam rollers to ensure it will go up walls even though my pool is concrete and not slippery or smooth finished. The pool shop did say I could change to the other rubber roller type if I wanted to later. What I am finding is that the robot does not clean/remove dirt on the curve where bottom of pool edge curves up the wall. As the front foam roller goes up the curve it lifts the centre cleaning roller off the floor. Given the other rubber (non foam) rollers appear more aggressive would having these clean this area better (ie the front rubber wheel would dislodge dirt to be picked up by the centre vacuum?

Also has the m500 been discontinued? As appears at the top of this site the state such. Rather annoying if it has seeings I just purchased it. If this is the Cas wit is the sort of heads up one would like from the pool shops selling these...
Cheers
Rennce

Karina

Karinaasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

I’ve got an M500 which has been superb. Today after cleaning it won’t start again. Power is ok, filters cleaned and impeller checked. Any ideas what to do?

Frank
Frank

The best advice I believe I can give is to check the Maytronics website troubleshooting guide but before doing that, disconnect your power supply from the dolphin and also disconnect the unit from the power supply then reconnect everything. This is what happened to me each occasion my Dophin stopped working. There's no warning signs, it just stopped or didn't do it's job as per normal.

lachlandavis

I would recommend taking the cleaner and power supply to your Maytronics dealer. There are a few possible causes for this fault, which are best investigated by a trained technician. An M500 would likely be still under the 3 year Maytronics warranty, so the issue would be fixed at no cost to you.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

If having trouble bring it in to a Dolphin dealer (we can help your find your local dealer - just call us on 1300 693 657). Our trained dealers able to diagnose any issue.

stuart

stuartasked

Dolphin Supreme M500

Can I leave my m500 in the pool after cleaning cycle finished & if so for how long?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

We at Maytronics recommend to remove your Dolphin M500 after the cleaning cycles and clean the filters, this will deliver best performance results and maximises the life of your Dolphin (noted in our quick start guide).

Grant

Grantasked

Please could you help?
Our dolphin 500 has a rest / test switch. When I push it to reset it does not reset and allow the machine to turn on.
Can you help please.

Stormy

It happened to me a year ago and the power supply need to be replaced...

Stormy

It happened to me a year ago and the power supply needed to be replaced...

lachlandavis

It is unlikely the power supply needs to be replaced, usually you will only need to replace the "Switching Cable" (which now comes as a plain lead without the RCD switch). As your unit is an M500, it would probably still be within the 3 year warranty period, if so Maytronics would replace that cable free of charge.

See all Maytronics Dolphin M500 questions

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives