Dyson V7 Animal

Dyson V7 Animal Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPN:347784-01
Christina B.
Christina B. · V7 Animal

I plugged my battery in and the blue light came on for a few seconds then went out it is not blocked the filter is clean do I need a new battery

Linda B.
Linda B. · V7 Animal

The blue light stays on for a few seconds and goes..no,power..won’t charge. Any ideas?

Anita
Anita

Think you may need a new battery, available on Amazon.

Tom D.
Tom D. · V7 Animal

How do I remove the top main filter to clean it tried to twist but that didn't work can you please let me know what I have to do to remove it Thanks heaps Tom

Email: tomdayz402@gmail.com

Dean H.
Dean H. · V7 Animal

Dyson v7 animal. Not working. Flashes blue when put on charger. Twice long, then twice short... Just replaced bin due to broken door latch.. Nothing... Help?

rupotty
rupotty

Usually means Dyson is clogged try unclogging and clean all filters and airways

Linda C.
Linda C. · V7 Animal

Dyson v7 light flashes blue when pressing trigger and doesn't work.
Put new battery on and having the same issue.
It won't charge either. There's no light when in the docking station.

Gowthama C.
Gowthama C.

Same here

Paul Cariss
Paul Cariss · V7 Animal

My Dyson V7 Vacuum has a short battery Life. I purchased it 3 years ago.
What can be done to improve the battery life of the vacuum.
Paul

Dyson   DM

Hi Paul, thanks for reaching out. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please reach out to our experts for support: external link

David
David · V7 Animal

Our vacuum turns off after approx 5 minutes of use to a blue flashing light, it's extremely frustrating as the vacuum gets minimal use and is always on change

dmb
dmb

Needs charging.
Means your battery has got to the end of its life.
Needs a new $129 battery from dyson.
To remove the old battery there are 2 screws under battery near the canister that come out with a small Phillips head screwdriver.
I replacement my battery this week with a third party battery that lasts ages now.
Did this to another dyson that is still going strong with the 3rd party battery($40) 4 years later.Original batteries barely last the 2 years they are under warranty for.
I used to use my dyson monthly in holiday house and left it on charge in between , apparently the battery lasts heaps longer if you take it off charge after a few hours.

Dyson   DM

Hi David, thanks for your question. We need a bit more information to determine the exact cause of this issue. Check what happens with the battery light when you connect the charger; also check which power mode it's set to - for example, Max mode gives strong suction but a lower run time. To troubleshoot this further please reach out to our experts. external link

A M. · V7 Animal

Hi can you tell me is it normal wear if the brush bar black bristles are hardly there at all?

Straw hat
Straw hat

No I don’t think that’s normal. Mine are still there.

A M.

Sorry I think gave wrong model as that was one before. It is the V7 animal & brush has red bristles & softer black ones which have all nearly gone on purple roller. Thankyou.

Dyson   DM

Thanks for the clarification about your machine being a Dyson V7™ Animal. The bristles on the brush bar consist of two types of fibres. The coloured bristles are made of nylon, the black carbon fibre bristles have anti static properties and their function is to collect fine dust from hard floor. With the fineness of these bristles and the material's brittle nature they may wear slightly faster than the nylon ones, particularly when used on rougher surfaces, however we include more of these on the brush bar to help counteract this effect. If it gets to the point where pick up of fine dust on hard floor is reduced that's when we'd suggest replacing the brush bar.

We'd encourage you to contact our experts to direct you to the right Brush Bar for your individual machine. Our methods of contact can be found here:
external link

A M.

Thankyou for the information it doesn't at all sound like normal wear then more like somebody has cut the whole lot off! Thanks anyway.

Claudia H.
Claudia H.

Same has happened with my Dyson v7 animal - black bits suddenly gone… crazy.

Dyson   DM

Please contact our experts to help you select the right Brush Bar for your machine. external link

Ali
Ali · V7 Animal

As the the Dyson V7 doesn't run for very long should I have a spare battery to finish the vacuuming?

Garry
Garry

Hi
I live on my own and do different parts of the house on different days, so don't need spare battery.
Hope this helps.

Dyson   DM

To confirm, the V7 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 20 minutes on high power mode. Without using a motorised tool it can run up to 30 minutes on high power mode. On Max mode, the machine will run for 6 minutes regardless of the tool in use. As the battery is screwed in on V7 models, we advise against regularly removing the battery. If you have any further queries with your V7, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone. You can find our contact details here: external link

Trina B.
Trina B. · V7 Animal

I bought my dyson today and I had put it on charge and after a few hours like it said in the book I went to use it and nothing happen so I put it back on the charger and there’s no light is it charging and wait longer even without the light charging indicator or should I take it back

Dyson   DM

Normal behavior for the Dyson V7 is for the light to turn on when the machine is put on the charger (even if fully charged, it should turn off for a few seconds). It will then turn off when fully charged. If the light on your charger isn't turning on at all, we would kindly encourage contacting our Dyson Experts via phone or live chat. You can find our details and chat links here: external link

Doris R.
Doris R. · V7 Animal

Red flashing light when charging new filter battery and charger still does nothing but flash red

Maria
Maria

That seems unusual. I’d speak to Dyson about it if you’ve given it enough time to recharge. Good luck

Dyson   DM

So we can help with a resolution, we'd encourage getting in touch directly with our Dyson Experts. You can find our contact details and live chat links here: external link

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Francene C.
Francene C. · V7 Animal

How long is the expected life span of the fade-free lithium-ion batteries that's in this model please? How much is it to replace such batteries too? Thanks.

John13

From my personal experience, less than 2 years. Replacement battery is around $90.00 but it is important to note that replacement batteries only have a one year warranty - which says a lot.

Dyson   DM

As there are many variables that can affect batteries it's almost impossible to predict exactly how long an individual battery will last in real world conditions, and this is the case with batteries from any manufacturer. Many variables that can affect batteries include storage, charging and usage cycles, and extremes of temperature. That being said, when a Dyson battery reaches the end of it's useful life, they can easily be replaced at home with no need to send the machine in for service. At time of writing the battery for the Dyson V7 is available for $89 and can be purchased here: external link

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts. You can find our contact details here: external link

the vagabondo
the vagabondo

Dear Friend, you have asked a very important question, equally important as build quality and warranty. I have only had my Dyson v7 for 6 months. I expect, and will demand at least 3+ years from the battery, though hopefully longer. NSW Fair Trading will help mediate if manufacturers do not adhere to Australian consumer law which says, “Goods are of acceptable quality when a reasonable consumer, fully aware of the goods’ condition (including any defects) would find them: … durable—for example, the toaster must function for a reasonable time after purchase, without breaking down.“ What is a reasonable amount of time for a vacuum cleaner? At least 3 years, I think, especially when we pay $300+. Glad to help!

Alex F.
Alex F.

The batteries will last not much longer than the 2 year warranty. I took my dead one apart and the 7 18650 cells are unbranded cheapys. Not Samsung Panasonic or LG like other devices. Tesla uses Panasonic. My electric pushbike is Samsung. There are now plenty of alternatives to Dyson cordless vacs out there

Jake v.
Jake v. · V7 Animal

ours the red light flashes 10 times what does this mean

John13

Have you removed and washed out the central cloth filter that is removable from the top of the canister assembly? This filter pulls out the top, and can be separated into two parts at the snap-ring at the top. Try that first. Generally, if it blinks up to 12 times, it means there is a problem with the motor, more than that (32 times) means a problem with the battery.

Dyson   DM

Hi Jake, Thank you for your question and we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your machine.

If you are still finding there is an issue after washing the filter per the above instructions we would recommend to reach out to our helpline for further assistance. We are available 7 days via phone, live chat or messenger through external link .

Krystal J.
Krystal J. · V7 Animal

I’m having issues with the vacuum running on high power only. After charging for 5 hours, if I run it on high power it runs for 5-10 seconds only, then won’t start again. If you charge it again for only a few mins, it runs normal.

It’s now changed to cutting out at 5 seconds and not running again, but will run for 15 mins on “extended” run.

Could it be as simple as a battery?

Jo F
Jo F

I’m curious as to the answer to this. The same thing is happening with our V7. The blue light flashes 10 times.

Dyson   DM

Based on the information provided, it sounds like the battery in the machine could be coming towards the end of its useful life and due for replacement. A replacement battery for the Dyson V7 can be found via this link: external link

That being said, if you are uncertain the battery will solve this problem, or you have any other queries, our Dyson Experts are happy to help with diagnostics and support. You can find our contact details here: external link

Abhilash B.
Abhilash B.

Was thinking of getting one! Thanks to these reviews, I don't think I am. The replacement battery link says : "currently out of stock" and reportedly has beem for a while!

Dyson   DM

While we work to keep our parts in stock, recent events have caused challenges to our supply chain. Be assured stock of the V7 batteries are expected within the next few weeks. If we can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch, we are only happy to help.

Joseph H.
Joseph H. · V7 Animal

What does air way blocked mean

Dyson   DM

A blocked airway means that there is something restricting the airflow through the machine that will hinder it's performance. We would encourage running through the troubleshooting outlined here to get this rectified: external link

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via live chat, phone or Facebook Messenger. Our contact details can be found here: external link

Kristy
Kristy · V7 Animal

Hi wondering which stick Dyson is better suited to pick up long hair?

Dyson   DM

All Dyson Cord-free machines feature a spinning brushbar to provide great performance on carpets and pick up dust, dirt and pet hair. Our Cord-free Animal machines as well as all V11 machines also come with a Mini Motorised head to provide this same performance in smaller areas (like on upholstery, in the car). We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger and phone with our contact details found here: external link

Michael G.
Michael G. · V7 Animal

Have had a Dyson for a couple years now Dyson V7 animal, and it literally doesnt even last 1 mins vacuuming. Charge it all day and continues to die after 1 min.
A orange light comes up once it turns off. Is there a replacement part or service?

Dyson   DM

So we can best assist, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via live chat, phone or Facebook Messenger. Links to these and our contact details can be found here: external link  We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

JonW
JonW · V7 Animal

Hi, when sitting in the charger... what does a single flashing blue light mean? Thanks

Dyson   DM

If the blue light is flashing on your machine, it indicates something untoward could be happening with the machine. So we can assist with diagnosing this and assisting, If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone. You can find our contact information here: external link

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

sharon I.
sharon I. · V7 Animal

What does a yellow light mean when charging?

Rodney T.
Rodney T.

Hi Sharon,

The meaning of lights are as follows:
A solid blue light indicates that the battery is charging. ... A solid amber light indicates that the battery is not charging due to a temporary fault (e.g. too hot/cold). A flashing red light indicates that there is a fault, please call the Dyson Helpline.

If you unplug the charger for 30mins and try again, all being well it should be a blue light.

Rodney.

Dillon M.
Dillon M. · V7 Animal

Hi, I have had my dyson v7 animal for a little while now but have thought I should replace the filters. I have only just realized after searching up the filters that the v7 animal hepa filter is the purple part on the back of the vacuum. After looking at mine it does not have this, why would my dyson v7 animal not have a hepa filter attached to the back of it when it is mean’t to?

Dyson   DM

Thank you for your question. Not all versions of the V7 model will come with the Post Motor filter as standard. We'd recommend reaching out to our live chat team on external link  with your serial number handy, from this we can see which exact version you have and guide you in the right direction for ordering a replacement filter.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Select a listing for your question
Dyson V7 Animal