Dyson V8 Animal

Whistling

Barbara M.
Barbara M.asked
V8 Animal

I didn't get user manual or warranty in the box will my receipt be enough for warranty

Lauren B
Lauren Basked
V8 Animal

We have hardwood floors throughout our house but we also have a long haired dog. I know the V8 animal is designed for pets and we are very open to that fact, however my question is, would the standard Dyson V8 do the job just as well [or close to as well] given the hard floor consideration or do you really only recommend the animal or animal plus version even with hard floors? Huge thanks!

chefcrosasked
V8 Animal

Can you buy a spare battery for this model?

luvsitwet
luvsitwet

yes just contact dyson australia

Amacasked
V8 Animal

Hi there, does anyone use this vacuum on wood floors? Does it scratch? Thank you.

purplethings
purplethings

I have been using ours on wooden floor boards and have not had any issues. I know there is another attachment you can purchase if you are concerned that is designed for wooden floors. I have been debating getting it but haven't as yet.

Amac

Great thank you for your response. It’s a big decision!

Wendy B
Wendy Basked
V8 Animal

My Dyson is aprox 3 years old and has suddenly stopped charging, when I plug it in the charging lights do not come on. Do I need a new battery or could it be the charging cable or port that is the problem?

Lissy E.
Lissy E.asked
V8 Animal

Does the Dyson Soft Roller Cleaner Head fit on the V8 Animal? I wanted to get an absolute but it seems to be out of stock on Dyson website. We only have hardwood floors so could do with the soft roller head.

Angelo N.
Angelo N.asked
V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal loses power when on max , even if it has been charging at night is that normal

Bronte
Bronte

We have never had much luck with the max setting so haven’t used it. It only ever last about 10 minutes even when it was new. Now our normal setting is the same.

Jess A
Jess Aasked
V8 Animal

I'm thinking of purchasing a Dyson V8 Animal.
How does it go on hardwood floors? Would I need to purchase an extra attachment to prevent scratching?
Thanks in advance!

JeanE
JeanE

Works ok however mine has only lasted 2 and a half years and the change now only lasts for 5 minutes so beware

Nicki C.
Nicki C.asked
V8 Animal

I have had my dyson V8 animal for a year and a half. Been working up till yesterday. Just stopped even though it was fully charged. I had the big brush on it and you get nothing. Also the smaller brush. However if i use the long tool it works. Cleaned all the filters thinking it could be that but still wont work when brushes are on. Also cleaned those out too. Any idea what could be causing this. Oh and have on a couple of occasion got a hint of a burning smell. Could the motor be on it way out?

KerriK
KerriKasked
V8 Animal

Purchased the Dyson V8 Animal 3rd Jan 2018 (so frustratingly, ONLY just out of warranty) from Harvey Norman Morayfield. My mother has a small 2 bedroom granny flat, and for the past 3 weeks has said that she is needing to re-charge mid clean. Today, she said it had taken 3 re-charges to complete cleaning. I have checked myself that machine is fully charged, only being run on high power, and after testing myself, found it was completely out of charge after only 6 minutes. Would appreciate some advice on what to do to remedy this problem.

TCAK
TCAKasked
V8 Animal

Brush head will not turn. Unit will turn on as normal
All contacts have been cleaned. Could there be a problem with the direct drive motor?
I removed the brush head and when I turn the unit on, I can see the direct drive motor rotate approx 1/4 turn, then it stops. The unit will still be on. Any help would be appreciated

Sudheer k
Sudheer kasked
V8 Animal

I am leaving abroad and want to take my Dyson V8 animal along with me. What precautions I should take while carrying specially battery?

Katie B.
Katie B.asked
V8 Animal

Can the roller head on the animal v8 be cut off for high pile carpet?

Jane
Jane

Hm....I dont know, I have a high pile rug which I have to drag backwards over it.

jim
jimasked
V8 Animal

From the very first day using our V8 Animal, it left marks on the hardwood floor. The marks come up but not without extra time and effort. Since the machine was marketed for carpet and hardwood, I think the company should supply a solution w/o cost. I requested help from Dyson and they sent new wheels which do the same thing. I know many users experience the same marks. Will Dyson give a free solution so that I can feel good about purchasing from the company again? Jim Cochran [email removed]

Silvana
Silvana
SuziQ
SuziQasked
V8 Animal

The direct drive brush roller no longer spins or sucks. Main body of machine works.
Have pulled apart and cleaned machine thoroughly but still not working. Where can I go to in Sydney to get it fixed? Think it might be an electrical issue in the motor.
Thank you.

Beth
Bethasked
V8 Animal

I have the cordless V8 and I am wondering how do your operate without having to hold the on button?

AnneCelest
AnneCelestasked

My V8 Animal will not open

Gail
Gailasked
V8 Animal

My V8 animal runs for 30 seconds to a minute on full power and then dies. The length of performance on the lower setting is, as should be expected, longer. We keep the filters clean and check the charge before using. My son has the V6 animal and never has the problems we have had with the V8. This seems to be a pattern for this machine. Is there a fix? The machine is not our main vacuum cleaner so is not over used but it is very frustrating and given the reputation of Dyson I was expecting much better performance. It is only two years old.

Lea
Lea

Call Dyson servicing, sorry no idea!

Martin
Martin
ABC
ABCasked
V8 Animal

do I empty the v8 animal dust chamber before returning to wall?

Wal
Wal

Yes, I always empty it before recharging, but you don't have too.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8 Animal